Pages:
Author

Topic: Place your bets on “12 Years a Slave” to win an Oscar or two or... - page 2. (Read 1715 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Like, I don't want to start a race war or anything, but why is it that almost every year Hollywood chooses a movie about blacks bein' persecuted for an Oscar nod?

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of racist to always highlight black culture and history as slavery and servitude?

Can't we give accolades to a black themed movie that's NOT about slavery or the "civil rights era"?

Well it's like getting people to shut up about World War 2 or getting me to shut up about the shitty schooling I had, it's not going to happen Tongue
legendary
Activity: 938
i want to see 12 years a slave waiting for the bluray
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I think that the momentum is a lot more on American Hustle's side than 12 Years a Slave.

The latter is definitely a good film, but I guess we'll see!
Activity: 350
Merit: 253
Like, I don't want to start a race war or anything, but why is it that almost every year Hollywood chooses a movie about blacks bein' persecuted for an Oscar nod?

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of racist to always highlight black culture and history as slavery and servitude?

Can't we give accolades to a black themed movie that's NOT about slavery or the "civil rights era"?
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
I don't now, competition is strong, The Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle are also great movies.
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
2 questions...

-How is this movie? People loved Lincoln but I thought it was very boring and slow.
-What are some legit bitcoin betting sites? I remember a site called intrade, which is illegal in the US now, I want some like that
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
One of Bitcoin's betting sites come to mind, albeit I'm not citing one of them thanks to last April's fiasco.

The awards will air on February 30, 2014, (March 2, for those who don't observe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_History_Month).

I first learnt about this flick via NPR late last year, and just now viewed the trailer. I truly believe this one will win Best Picture of the Year, considering...

~TMIBTCITW
Pages:
Jump to: