Pages:
Author

Topic: Plagiarism and copy/paste posts - page 7. (Read 4338 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
January 31, 2018, 01:35:34 PM
This user: desklamp

The price of a single bitcoin surged to more than $17,000 in early December, and (for now) it is still going up. But cryptocurrency isn't quite like other assets, and Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are surprisingly easy to steal. They're also not always easy to protect.
You forgot to include the source of your out-dated copy/paste:
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-protect-bitcoins,news-26260.html
Oh no! oops sorry i forgot to add https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-protect-bitcoins,news-26260.html this reference link that i got. thank you for reminding me or pointing that out.
Did you forget to include the source for those aswell? Roll Eyes

A “wallet” is basically the Bitcoin equivalent of a bank account. It allows you to receive bitcoins, store them, and then send them to others. There are two main types of wallets. A hot wallet is one that you install on your own computer or mobile device. You are in complete control over the security of your coins, but since they are on a device that is connected to the internet they are less secure. The second type of wallet is a hardware wallet. They maintain high levels of security to protect your coins by storing your coins offline. Offline storage keeps your coins and ata out of reach from hackers.
Original: https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/set-up/

It seems that nearly every day there’s another report of a major hacking. And as the number of hacks increase, consumer desires for security increase as well. Blockchain is the model of internet security, that doesn’t produce a fully secure system for users. There are a number of important safety and security practices that can help to protect your private keys and therefore protect your funds.
first it is wise to find a wallet with security measures beyond the normal wallet providers. Some wallets are now using encryption to protect the private keys. Users should always have at least two digital wallets. One wallet should be used for trading and transactional purposes, and the other wallet should be used to store savings and be kept in a secure location. This type of wallet must be a cold storage wallet. In anyway, a backup of the private keys have to be stored safely offline. This two safety tips can help you to avoid hacking your wallet.
Original: https://cryptopotato.com/9-must-tips-securing-crypto-wallet/

Some people don`t have enough knowledge when talking about bitcoin, they see bitcoin as an online game because they know that the value of bitcoin may goes down or goes up.Those sudden ups and downs would be bad news for them. Although bitcoin had a more than 100% return on investment in 2016, it’s also five times more volatile than the S&P 500, So for them bitcoin is an “an extremely risky investment.” they are fear that they cant get a big payday that they were hoping for.
Original: http://time.com/money/4623650/bitcoin-invest/

I believe there is even more examples. But I'm too lazy to look for them and those "few" examples should be enough, right?

@OP: I know that I'm a little off topic but I didn't want to create a new thread just for this. Sorry Tongue. Btw, can anymore tell me where should I post cases like this one? Should I just create a new thread in the Meta/Reputation board or there is any "copy/pasting users" mega thread like there is for the "known alts"?
I was looking for a thread like this one Cheesy
Activity: 97
Merit: 12
January 31, 2018, 09:59:36 AM
In fact, those ones tried paraphrasing likely excellent threads of other users in the forum. I strongly emphasize that it's paraphrasing activities, not plagiarising at all. I don't want to defend for those users, but it is fact based on definition of what is plagirism. You can check it there
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

"Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work"

However, I think that using paraphrased threads in order to earn sMerits or to have faked constructive threads is not a good ideas, instead very negatively ideas.

As someone in the forum shown evidence in another topic about abused bots for paraphrasing.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/smart-spammers-2838860
This is current evil waves in the forum and need to eliminate somehow.
copper member
Activity: 21
Merit: 10
January 31, 2018, 09:33:31 AM
Then, it shouldn't different w/ what this user does : Riqelme

http://archive.is/86H6H#selection-1611.0-1611.384
EtherSpeed is an open source, peer-to-peer,He has the advantages of both the ethereum and neo and Zcash , community driven decentralized cryptocurrency that allow people to store and invest their wealth in a non-government controlled currency, and even earn a substantial interest on investment “based” on Shielded transactions hide the sender, recipient, and value on the blockchain.

Copy and pasting from first page,

http://archive.is/s00uu#selection-571.0-575.141
EtherSpeed is an open source, peer-to-peer,He has the advantages of both the ethereum and neo and Zcash ,
community driven decentralized cryptocurrency that allow people to store and invest their wealth in a non-government controlled currency,
 and even earn a substantial interest on investment “based” on Shielded transactions hide the sender, recipient, and value on the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
January 31, 2018, 07:52:56 AM
DON'T POST OFF TOPIC REPLIES ABOUT MERIT BECAUSE THIS IS NOT MERIT DISCUSSION THREAD!

I've found something, it seems that anti-spam giveaway is useful in some way  Smiley
Accounts: matthewogus01, akosibatman, chimcoin, VINCEAKTIN, onpages, emondot, lookjoz, kawasanz,
happydevil

Bitcoin Advantages:
Freedom in Payment
With Bitcoin it is very possible to be able to send and get money anywhere in the world at any given time.
You don’t have to worry about crossing borders, rescheduling for bank holidays, or any other limitations one might think will occur when transferring money.
You are in control of your money with Bitcoin. There is no central authority figure in the Bitcoin network.

https://coinreport.net/coin-101/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-bitcoin/

Due to unique characteristic of bitcoin, it inherent some advantages, digital currencies has:
- Convenient as mode of payment.
- Very Low transaction fees.
- Goverment has now way to interrupt user transaction.
- Purhcases are not Taxed.
- Information is transparent when using digital currency
- Fewer risk on merchants (bitcoin transaction cannot be reversed thus dont carry information, merchant are protected from potential losses.
- Bitcoin can be backed up and encrypted to ensure safety.

But for every advantages there's always a Disadvantage like:
- High risk and voltatile
- Still developing (we cant so rely so much on bitcoin)
- People need to learn bitcoin before engaging on how bitcoin earn.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/100314/what-are-advantages-paying-bitcoin.asp
I think everything in life has it advantages and disadvantages.Bitcoin has many advantages as many of us know but these are some of it disadvantages.
1. unregulated- Unlike other investment avenues, cryptocurrencies are not regulated by government entities or banks. For example, If we buy something with a credit card and get ripped off, we can call the bank and ask to be compensated. But if we get ripped off in a bitcoin transaction, it is impossible to get the money back.
2.may be open to illegal activity - Due to the lack of government control, terrorists and extortionists are also utilizing the cryptocurrency space to their advantage. Bitcoins users on either end of a transaction can remain relatively anonymous and cybercriminals have found ways to mask their addresses, so it can be difficult for government authorities and companies to trace such illegal activities
3.Bitcoin and altcoins are volatile -Investing in cryptocurrencies involves very high risk, as prices have been extremely volatile.

From here https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/invest/7-reasons-why-you-should-not-invest-in-bitcoins-cryptocurrencies/articleshow/60891341.cms

If we talk about bitcoin deficiency means we are talking about its weakness, I think this is the weakness of bitcoin:

1. Not Stable
Bitcoin is a speculative currency. Currently not enough companies that offer the purchase and sale of products with bitcoin as a means of payment.

2. Very risky lost or stolen
As a virtual currency, bitcoins are encapsulated in the form of digital files or known as wallet files. In use, the wallet file is similar to the cash register function.

But the wallet files stored on the hard disk of your electronic equipment are very vulnerable to damage. In addition, viruses that attack your hard disk can also make stored bitcoins just disappear.

3. Money laundering tool
The use of bitcoin currency is not controlled by the government or authorized financial institution. As a result, such conditions provide great opportunities for criminal activities such as money laundering and tax evasion.

Copy:
1. Unstable

Bitcoin is a speculative currency. While there are not enough companies currently offering the purchase and sale of products with bitcoin as a means of payment.

As a virtual currency, bitcoins are encapsulated in the form of digital files or known as wallet files. In use, the wallet file is similar to the cash register function.

However, wallet files stored on your hard disk electronic equipment are very vulnerable to damage. In addition, viruses that attack your hard disk can also make stored bitcoins just disappear.

Copy:

1. Not Stable

Bitcoin is a speculative currency. While there are not enough companies currently offering the purchase and sale of products with bitcoin as a means of payment.

However, wallet files stored on your hard disk electronic equipment are very vulnerable to damage. In addition, viruses that attack your hard disk can also make stored bitcoins just disappear.

Copy:

As a virtual currency, bitcoins are encapsulated in the form of digital files or known as wallet files. In use, the wallet file is similar to the cash register function. However, wallet files stored on the hard disk of your electronic equipment are very vulnerable to damage. In addition, viruses that attack your hard disk can also make stored bitcoins just disappear. The digital wallet can also be hacked and stolen through malware. Not to mention the risk of hard disk content of bitcoin owners erased accidentally. More painful than cash, you lose all the contents of the wallet without being traceable to where it disappears. In addition, people with computerized expertise have the potential to steal the money.

so I guess if we do not really keep it thoroughly it will most likely happen.

Copy:
The weakness of bitcoin is not yet fully for transaction tools and also if bitcoin is stored in digital file form or known as wallet file.
However, wallet files stored on the hard disk of your electronic equipment are very vulnerable to damage. In addition, viruses that attack your hard disk can also make stored bitcoins just disappear.
The digital wallet can also be hacked and stolen through malware. Not to mention the risk of hard disk content of bitcoin owners erased accidentally. More painful than cash, you lose all the contents of the wallet without being traceable to where it disappears.

Copy:
This is one of the disadvantages because As a virtual currency, bitcoin stored in the form of digital files or known as wallet.Sedang used, wallet files similar to the cash register function.
However, wallet files stored on the hard disk of your electronic equipment are very vulnerable to damage.Besides, a virus that attacks your hard disk can also make the stored bitcoin just disappear.
Digital wallets can also be hacked and stolen through malware. Not to mention the risk of hard disk content of bitcoin owners being erased accidentally.More painful than cash, you lose all the contents of the wallet without being traceable where the losses.
In addition, people with computer skills potentially steal money.

About advantages
Transactional convenience: Any transaction has a limit on the transfer and receive money, but for bitcoin there is no limit. You can send unlimited number of bitcoins to your friends. No matter where they are in the world they will also receive. You can also send at any time no one can manage the amount you send.

Ensure security and confidentiality

Every bitcoin transaction can be done and completed without any personal information. Transaction information is still kept, but your identity is kept private. This is one of the outstanding advantages that you get when investing in the field of virtual money.

Bitcoin can not be faked

The cost of testing gold is very high, and bitcoin testing is not costly and the truth is that bitcoin can not be faked. Because bitcoin is not shown in physical form.

The cost is extremely low

There are no intermediaries involved in the field of virtual currency investing. However, you still have to deal with the transaction but it is not worth it.

On the downside
Not many users: The fact is that the field of virtual money is still quite new and not many people know. The people of Vietnam have been used to using gold and silver. People are very shy and anxious to invest in this field.

Somewhat unwieldy: In order to invest in bitcoin you need to have certain knowledge to get involved in this area. For those who are not technologically savvy, they can not participate in bitcoin. If not understood, the risk of fraud is very high.

From here:
http://bitcoinforus.com/bitcoin-invest-bitcoin-not/

Safety and security: Every bitcoin transaction can be done and completed without any personal information. Transaction information is displayed but your identity is completely confidential[...].
I mean, whole post is plagiarism.
Pages:
Jump to: