Pages:
Author

Topic: Plagiarism in Whitepapers, what do you think? - page 3. (Read 719 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Plagiarism is an indication of scam due to the fact that there is no
originality in the content of the white paper.This singular act if detected
should be a deterrent to subscribing to such platforms they may never mean
well for for innocent prospective subscribers.Hence, desist from such ICOs once
plagiarism is discovered for this is a very awful thing to do.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
Plagiarism in Whitepapers content is normal as long as they are different project, but much better if the whitepaper of one project is unique to catch more attention of many readers specially those real investors.

Activity: 112
Merit: 2
I was very worried that my paper was completely different from the rest, I copied it several times, and now I am copying it, now I understand that it is necessary to write as it is and do not try to be like.
Now I'm calm.  Cheesy
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
I think this has been happening is one is getting punished. Plagiarism is not a serious crime and most of us will just turn the other cheek around every time we see something like that.  I hate it when an ICO copied a whitepaper including the spelling errors and wrong grammars. I don't speak perfect English but  I know when it sounds different. They should at least hire someone who can do the editing. No wonder there are ICO's who fail and ICO's who sold more than they can offer.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
it's fine to plagiarise white paper thus most of the coin's never deliver what inside the white paper perhaps the one who copy it can work it out.
NO. It will never be fine to plagiarize. It's just like doing a bad thing for a good purpose, it is still bad and you can't use your purpose as an excuse. If they can work the project out, why couldn't they start working on their own white paper and unique presentation? That makes sense right?

Plagiarism in Whitepapers by crappy ICOs/altcoins is common these days. But, it's not really Plagiarism if the author mention other whitepaper as source/reference Roll Eyes
True.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
Plagiarism in Whitepapers by crappy ICOs/altcoins is common these days. But, it's not really Plagiarism if the author mention other whitepaper as source/reference Roll Eyes
Activity: 309
Merit: 5
it's fine to plagiarise white paper thus most of the coin's never deliver what inside the white paper perhaps the one who copy it can work it out.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
Most ICOs and especially bounty campaigns seem to use plagiarized content in some capacity. I rarely read ICOs so can't comment on that but half of them just rehash the same templates or just copy what somebody has already previously posted on their ANN/Bounty thread. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was the same group of people behind half of them as well. Probably too good to be true for scammers to resist so they just keep them running constantly. People keep seeming to give them their money for half-baked ideas so I can't see why they would stop creating them.  

You're absolutely correct! Although this project that I was reading has a huge user base, so I assumed the whitepaper would've been of good quality.

It's worrying, and I think the way forward is to try and educate people so they don't fall for these scams as easily.
Regardless of the user base volume, the white paper should be of good quality and shouldn't be or have a plagiarized content. It will start there right ~ projects with plagiarized white paper + fake images of the team = trying to scam. If they are really serious about the project, why wouldn't they do it in a proper way?

If only all investors read every project's white paper they're into investing, maybe chances of being scammed will be narrowed. It's every individual's responsibility in the first place
lrr
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Most ICOs and especially bounty campaigns seem to use plagiarized content in some capacity. I rarely read ICOs so can't comment on that but half of them just rehash the same templates or just copy what somebody has already previously posted on their ANN/Bounty thread. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was the same group of people behind half of them as well. Probably too good to be true for scammers to resist so they just keep them running constantly. People keep seeming to give them their money for half-baked ideas so I can't see why they would stop creating them. 

You're absolutely correct! Although this project that I was reading has a huge user base, so I assumed the whitepaper would've been of good quality.

It's worrying, and I think the way forward is to try and educate people so they don't fall for these scams as easily.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
lrr
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Today I was reading a whitepaper trying to do a product review, it is one of the most popular projects if you take into account the telegram users... and the whitepaper has a lot of plagiarised content  Shocked

As a university student this shocks me, as something similar in academia would result in expulsion from the university.

My short video rant here: https://youtu.be/JmVAyC-XFSA

What are your thoughts on this?
Pages:
Jump to: