Pages:
Author

Topic: Please stop trolling (Alternate cryptocurrencies) - page 2. (Read 3894 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Free speech refers to the amendment stating that the government won't make laws restricting speech.

It has NOTHING to do with what and who is allowed on a message board.

This board could use some serious cleaning, IMO.

Free speech is a concept that exists outside of the US constitution + amendments.  But this board does need cleaning.

The concept exists, and doesn't apply here. It applies to laws being created. Message board moderation is not an infringement of free speech, and we seriously need more of it.

This is true.
Free speech has absolutely no legal application on forums, nor does a "concept" grant you rights.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
Good luck...

Determining what constitutes content of "worth" or "value" is entirely subjective.

I have an entire thread dedicated to banning the use of the word "troll" and in my opinion it is a thread that contains some of the most valuable content on this forum.

You may say it is worthless.  To that I would say, you're worthless.  And round and round we go.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
Free speech refers to the amendment stating that the government won't make laws restricting speech.

Free speech is a concept that exists outside of the US constitution + amendments.  But this board does need cleaning.

The concept exists, and doesn't apply here. It applies to laws being created. Message board moderation is not an infringement of free speech, and we seriously need more of it.
sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
I don't like over moderation either but we can't talk about a client update or a logo design without wading though an ocean of insults and fluff.  It's at the point where trolls are preventing any actual cryptocurrency related discussion.  So we need someone to moderate.

Taking the piss out of a project that is just a troll of BitCoin with many additional bugs is fair comment. SolidCoin supporters are trolling this board promoting their nonsense and they are getting trolled back harder.

SolidCoin, IXCoin, IOCoin have so far brought nothing new to cryptocurrencies. NameCoin is the only one that has so far been at all innovative.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
It is up to the users not to engage or encourage shitstorms in the first place. If you are looking for nanny mods there are plenty of boards to choose from. The fact that moderation goes unnoticed just shows some maturity.

I don't like over moderation either but we can't talk about a client update or a logo design without wading though an ocean of insults and fluff.  It's at the point where trolls are preventing any actual cryptocurrency related discussion.  So we need someone to moderate.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
And who is going to stop my fingers from typing?

Not me. This is just too much god damn fun. Smiley
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
Lets make donation bounty for mature moderator.

I will start with 20 SC.

Lets make this bigger, plz.

Well, you putting in your two cents (literally) is a good start. Smiley

It is about 1$ now
you are lier or you dont know exchange rates ?
sd
sd

we need also rest time for some users.
f.ex. 48h

becouse of:

- posting stupid images
- insulting
- submitting lies (on purpose)
- wasting others efforts, flooding with no content
- making fun of somebody
- bumping with no content

many users have qualfied already

Ban the SolidCoin promoters and there would be little left to take the piss out of.

Maybe then we might hear some decent ideas for new cryptocurrencies or related tech.

And those pooping SolidCoin logos were very funny. Anyone objecting to them is wound up way to tight.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

f.ex. 48h

becouse of:

- posting stupid images
- insulting
- making fun of somebody

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Lets make donation bounty for mature moderator.

I will start with 20 SC.

Lets make this bigger, plz.

Well, you putting in your two cents (literally) is a good start. Smiley
sd

Free speech is a concept that exists outside of the US constitution + amendments. 

+1
Activity: 728
cryptoshark

f.ex. 48h

becouse of:

- posting stupid images
- insulting
- making fun of somebody

legendary

The mods do work actually, I myself had a few unrelated post removed. The difference though is the mods do not go egotripping making threats like on some other boards. This is a good thing.

It is up to the users not to engage or encourage shitstorms in the first place. If you are looking for nanny mods there are plenty of boards to choose from. The fact that moderation goes unnoticed just shows some maturity.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

And who is going to stop my fingers from typing?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

Ya, this thread isn't going to help.  We need actual mods who can distinguish between free speech and the smothering of new ideas in a sea of shit and self centred behaviour.

Who would we talk to if we wanted mods in the alt currencies forums?
legendary
Isn't creating an alternate cryptocurrency trolling in the first place?

But look on the bright side: There is no need for TV if you follow the idiocracies at work here, especially in relation to solidcoin.  Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Firstbits: 12pqwk

Bruce has right...

to escape?
or live in a penthouse in tokyo for rest of his life?
Pages:
Jump to: