Pages:
Author

Topic: POKEMON GO LIKE SITE TO PLAY FOR BITCOINS? - page 3. (Read 2440 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
You can create a similar game for Pokemon with GPS specifications but the hard part is you need to create a new world and I don't think it's achievable. Pokemon trademark has more value than anything similar, it's in our lives for 21 years. I think that's why it has so much support, it brought everybody back to their childhood. When we play Pokemon cards and tasos, watching Pokemon in TV. Good times though.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
Yes it would be a fantastic combination, but unfortunately, like someone else has pointed out, it is extremely unlikely that Nintendo will do that, not unless Bitcoin is insanely mainstream, right now is too early.

Someone could develop a game where you find bitcoins instead of pokemons.
I think that game would be more popular than Pokemon go for sure. Wink
But who would fund this amount of bitcoin to pay anyone who finds them? There would have to be some kind of leveling system for this to work.
I think bitcoin is mainstream as presidents in other countries are mentioning it in their speeches in the last few months.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Yes it would be a fantastic combination, but unfortunately, like someone else has pointed out, it is extremely unlikely that Nintendo will do that, not unless Bitcoin is insanely mainstream, right now is too early.

Someone could develop a game where you find bitcoins instead of pokemons.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
This would be.... Great, somehow. But I don't think we want a chaos as we got right now with Pokemon GO a second time. I guess we'll need then laws about Pokemon and that game.. lol
I heard that there are rare Pokemon specific to different continents and the only way other than hopping on a plane and traveling over the world to catch these is to get them to hatch from eggs. I think when trading is added to the game these special location-specific Pokemon will be worth a lot of in-game currency so probably people will be trading these on 3rd party trading websites and the possibility of trading these for Bitcoin is real I think.
If Nintendo plays it's cards right (no pun in'tend'ed) they can make this as popular as Magic The Gathering Series card game from the 90's. I am sure everybody and their mother remembers how addict that was and it was old school when the internet was just a fad. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
I heard that there are rare Pokemon specific to different continents and the only way other than hopping on a plane and traveling over the world to catch these is to get them to hatch from eggs. I think when trading is added to the game these special location-specific Pokemon will be worth a lot of in-game currency so probably people will be trading these on 3rd party trading websites and the possibility of trading these for Bitcoin is real I think.
Activity: 770
I hope this game works here. Nintendo would never use btc though. None of these ideas actually.
Just heard that someone caught them all  Grin
It took little under a month and located in the US of course because it was not released in all locations.  Japan customers just got it available a few days ago and Nintendo Japan were the creators. Roll Eyes
Alittle bit over a hundred is all that is available for someone to have in a collection  Huh
Activity: 616
I AM A SCAMMER
Pokemon Go would have been so much better if the Pokemon could be traded on the blockchain.  They could have created a limited number of each Pokemon (based on their rarity) and created a token for each one.  They could have been traded back and forth, bought and sold, and all of this could have been done decentralized on the bitcoin blockchain.  They could have used CounterParty just like the blockchain card game "Spells of Genesis" is doing.  It would have made the game so much better and would have brought many average people into the tech of blockchain/bitcoin overnight.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 534
I think when trading of pokemons is released, bitcoin will just be a MOP for it. and maybe some will make a faucet using that.
Activity: 546
Is it possible to make Pokemon go like site to play for bitcoins? Do you think it is achievable? It is big niche now,and can grow even more bigger

Maybe something similar, just have to watch for people faking their locations like what happened in real pokermon go.  If you have a 3rd party checking everything is legit before withdraws then should be fine.
Activity: 770
damn wouldn't that be cool!

battle each other and fight for bitcoins - strategy based!

It won't be so easy. You xn do it externally but I very much doubt Nintendo will endorse gambling in pokem especially since many children play. Will hurt their business.
If niantic knew bitcoin, it may accept bitcoin for purchasing it's cash.
But AFAIK, google knew about altcoin named Etherium ( ETH ) so let's hope they will realize the power of bitcoin and start accept bitcoin so bitcoin will getting more popular than ever
If google recognizes Ethereum then they should accept it as a form of payment. And now that google has some attachment to nintendo thru pokemon go game then it is a step in the right direction for the next step is to implement bitcoin as a form of payment since you can exchange it for Ethereum anyways. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
If niantic knew bitcoin, it may accept bitcoin for purchasing it's cash.
But AFAIK, google knew about altcoin named Etherium ( ETH ) so let's hope they will realize the power of bitcoin and start accept bitcoin so bitcoin will getting more popular than ever
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Is it possible to make Pokemon go like site to play for bitcoins? Do you think it is achievable? It is big niche now,and can grow even more bigger
How easy do you think its easy to make that "site",oops did you mean the app ? The developer created Google Earth and then Pokemon Go,sure why not ? Ready to shell a billion dollar from your pockets and integrate bitcoin into it.Should not take more than 2 years.
Yeah, I was thinking that too, it just won't happen. Why on earth would someone make some sort of copy just to include Bitcoin?
Plus they would never get permission to use Pokemon.
Activity: 491
damn wouldn't that be cool!

battle each other and fight for bitcoins - strategy based!
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
Nintendo will never allow it to happen. They don't tolerate trading of virtual items for real cash and I don't think they will be very fond of the idea to let such a gambling site fly because Pokemon Go is first and foremost marketed towards children. Nintendo will probably issue cease and desist letters by the end of the day after they catch a whiff of any Pokemon Go illegal activity which Bitcoin trading/gambling is.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
Nope. Your not going to go around carrying your computer, open into the outdoors with the computer camera pointed forward. You wouldn't even know when you found a pokemon expect for sounds, and I'm not sure how bitcoin can be integrated. A mobile site is out of the question, since I don't think they can use the camera, and even if they could, the game would be very laggy. If this were to happen, it would need a standalone app.

yes especially if bitcoin accepted in payment systems pokemon game. it will be good news. all pokemon game players will use bitcoin. and bitcoin will become greater.
I bet most people, like over 99% of the players won't use bitcoin.

Yes, probably it is so for now, but things might change. If the players discover that buying various premium items for the game is easier with Bitcoin than they will use Bitcoin, why not.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 534
I think all they can do now is use BTC as mode of payment, but maybe in the near future, when trading of pokemons are released, it can be done.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Possible? Yes
Achievable? Unlikely, Pokemon GO had over 25 million dollars from Google and their developer helped build Google Maps. It would take a lot to convince a team to build a similar game and focus it only on a smaller market like bitcoin.

I think Second life was the closed this has come to fruition.
It was a digital currency that was used for that platform to purchase in game things.
The idea of this happening to bitcoin is not too far off because of the popularity that Pokemon has acquired in the last couple of weeks.
The digital currency found in second life is still relatively active today, but Entropa universe has more activity. There are people in that game who make hundreds of thousands of dollars.

That depends upon the license. 
Though it is unlikely, if they didn't want to or fogot to apply for a copyright license, it will be licensed under the GNU.
If it is released under the GNU then it is really easy to copy and edit the code!
Pages:
Jump to: