Pages:
Author

Topic: Police In Texas Shut-Down Illegal Lemonade Stand - page 5. (Read 4790 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
they are lucky they didn't get tasered or shot, pigs do that to children, elderly and disabled people all the time  Angry

simple google search will reveal millions of hits, example:

http://countercurrentnews.com/PRIVOXY-FORCE/2014/12/native-american-police-over-reacting/

Police Say Tasering 8-Year-Old Native American Girl Was Justified

An the other hand, this was an excellent lesson: many adults still believe that police and government are good things. A bit of real life experience with government henchmen early on can help to fix this.  Grin
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
hyperboria - next internet
LOL, are they used electro-shokers on them?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
MERICA FUCK YA
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Either something very similar has happened or it's been posted before, wasn't this in washington? I would have thought that the police would want to avoid such a gigantic fuck up in their PR image.

Oh trust me. The United States cops hardly care about their PR ratings, unlike their peers in Europe and Australia. Most of them are extremely arrogant, rude, and corrupt. And incidents such as this one have been happening in the US for ages. Most of the times, the mainstream media refuses to cover them. Check these:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/08/03/the-inexplicable-war-on-lemonade-stands/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-23/bunbury-girls-lemonade-stand-closed-by-council/5985992
legendary
Activity: 1288
Don't know whether to laugh or cry. But I'm sure Texas or US is not the only place where this kind of situation happens, is sad that some people, in stead of using their brain and common sense are blindly following orders.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Either something very similar has happened or it's been posted before, wasn't this in washington? I would have thought that the police would want to avoid such a gigantic fuck up in their PR image.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
The officer(s) involved should be embarrassed but they can sleep easy at night since this didn't involve actual harm besides the fine. However, the community should back these young gals and offer to patronize them in their back yard or some such thing. I can't recommend these young gals going full civil disobedience as they aren't old enough to know better nor take the risk to right this wrong on behalf of the state.
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
The people of Texas will rest easier tonight
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Just another incident to prove how brave and courageous these police officers are in the United States.  Grin But still, In this case I believe that the police officers were merely following the orders which they received from their superiors. In my honest opinion, the state of Texas does not need $150 in license fee from these two little girls, to make the ends meet. Tax the adults as much as you want, but please leave the children alone.

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Police in Overton, Texas put the brakes on an illegal lemonade stand run by two little miscreants...sure is good to see my tax dollars at work and I'll sleep better tonight knowing the streets of Overton are safer now. What a crock...

Police in Texas shut down a lemonade stand run by two little girls. They said it was illegal.

Andria and Zoey Green told ABC affiliate KLTV they were trying to raise about $100 for a Father's Day present. They wanted to take him to Splash Kingdom.

They had been selling lemonade and kettle corn for an hour - and made about $25 - when officers showed up and told them they need a $150 permit to sell their lemonade.

Texas House Bill 970, or the Texas Baker's Bill, does not allow the sale of food that needs time or temperature control to prevent it from spoiling. Since lemonade needs to be refrigerated to prevent bacteria growth, police said they needed an inspection from the health department and a permit to sell it.

"It is a lemonade stand, but they also have a permit that they are required to get," Overton Police Chief Clyde Carter said.

"I think that's ridiculous. I think they're 7 and 8, and they're just trying to make money for their own cause," said Sandi Evans, the girls' mother.

Ridiculous or not, Overton police said it's the law and they'll keep enforcing it.

"We have to follow by the state health guidelines," said Carter. "They have to have a permit if they're going to do the lemonade stands."

The sisters plan to try again this weekend. Instead of selling their lemonade, they'll give it away for free and accept donations.

http://abc13.com/news/police-shut-down-girls-lemonade-stand/776322/
Pages:
Jump to: