Pages:
Author

Topic: Police Raid Home of Alleged "Bitcoin Creator" Craig Wright - ALL FACTS - page 3. (Read 5644 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
So, the guy who people think is Satoshi (Nick S), is speaking with the guy who is claiming to be Satoshi? Interesting!  Wink Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
And I said it wasn't a good idea to try to find who is Satoshi. See what's happening now.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10368959
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
I don't expect any words from Wright for the rest of the week at least.. im sure he will remain silent, but he will eventually have to give some kind of explanation as to what is going on including the PGP mismatches.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
It is funny how this people are trying to frustrate the entire bitcoins as a digital currency. I just came to find out the reason why people and states are against this bitcoin thing. Like other forms of currency, bitcoin has no formal body that can exercise control over it when demand and supply keep changing. In so doing, it becomes a serious threat to the economy if at all people will depend on it as a stable currency. Raiding the home wont help now, the protocol is already in use.

It's about making an example. Scare tactics to prevent others from doing similar things. We see similar things in other situations. Of course these raids are because they think it's the bitcoin creator, tax evaders are usually not raided.

They raid your house if they want millions of dollars back from you. I found a comment in a reddit post that claims Wright conned the Australian Tax office out of millions of dollars by claiming tax credits for spending Satoshi's Bitcoins (which he never had) on R&D.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3w027x/dr_craig_steven_wright_alleged_satoshi_by_wired/cxslii7

He conned the Australian Tax office out of millions of dollars.
Australia will give you tax credits if you spend money on R&D. He claimed to have spent Satoshi bitcoin by reassigning ownership of some of them through legal document.
The house raid is part of Australian Tax Office trying to get their money back.
edit: report on his company that went bust in 2014 has more info on how the capital he claimed to own was shuffled around his various other companies to generate tax credits/refunds : http://www.mcgrathnicol.com/app/uploads/D14-140526-Hotwire439AReport-BFK.pdf
Activity: 672
Merit: 507
LOTEO
It is funny how this people are trying to frustrate the entire bitcoins as a digital currency. I just came to find out the reason why people and states are against this bitcoin thing. Like other forms of currency, bitcoin has no formal body that can exercise control over it when demand and supply keep changing. In so doing, it becomes a serious threat to the economy if at all people will depend on it as a stable currency. Raiding the home wont help now, the protocol is already in use.

It's about making an example. Scare tactics to prevent others from doing similar things. We see similar things in other situations. Of course these raids are because they think it's the bitcoin creator, tax evaders are usually not raided.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Could this nerd try any harder to be double-oh-se7en in his little tux photo?

Bow
"Bow tie? Aren't those just for noodle-heads, Q?"
vip
Locksmiths broke open the door of the property, in a suburb on Sydney's north shore. When asked what they were doing, one officer told a Reuters reporter they were "clearing the house".

Reuters Reporter: Yeah, Honey, I should be home shortly. Doesn't seem to be nothin' happenin' here at this stakeout in front of a house that still has garbage cans at the curb several days after pickup. Oh, wait, what's this? A locksmith just showed up and is approachin' the front door with a batterin' ram. Now, a van load of computer forensic experts just pulled up, and they're enterin' the computer forensic expert's home. Do me a favor, dear, while I cover the story: Sell 15% of bitcoins if it reaches $420 before I get home. I may be late. Kitty litter. Got it. I'll pick it up on the way home.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Could this nerd try any harder to be double-oh-se7en in his little tux photo?
vip

Damn just noticed that his linked in background has bitcoin tabs all over the place. Saved a screenshot in case it changes: http://imgur.com/Yf8XERJ Cmon this guy is totally playing us.

My takeaway is that your Linkedin avatar (upper right-hand corner) depicts a man's likeness, whereas I thought the general consensus was that you're a woman.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
you are welcome  Smiley

i guess the bitcoin community did a pretty good job in researching too. amazing!
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
The OP deserve the maximum of evaluation for its scrupulosity in finding and bringing here all the possible "news" and "facts" mixed with the endless thirst of every kind of journalist which have found another "victim" to "crucify" with all the mysterious of the creator and the itself creation of bitcoin. But this time with the desire and full desire and involvement of the personage himself. Who like and ask for all this attention give time after time "new news" about its protagonism in the first biggest invention of this century. How will be the end of this story? Who want to bet that it will be like all the other similar ones before this.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
So Satoshi Nakamoto is not even Japanese?? That makes Bitcoin lose lots of glamour lol.

I read earlier today that there were some rumors of satoshi being found, so ... this is it?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Good read! Thanks for the post. Craig=Satoshi?  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
The guy is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto! The way I see it. it is nothing but an Hoax, and the Media is making a lot of money over it. The real Satoshi will never go public.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
The problem is even if he is NOT satoshi...by the time the press gets done with this and banks saying see open crypto is dangerous..and/if/when he actually is dodging taxes
we are screwed as far as press etc is concerned...lots of fud/panic and such already on this 'speculation'

now if he IS satoshi and did play tax games with other early adopter coins...then with fees and penalties they could go after him for is 1 million btc and auction them off

anyway stuff like that would mean that 'banks closed crypto' would win...fees would stay the same and they would not be worth billions anymore but trillions

FML this is gonna such bad and drag on like GOX for a frigging year imho and we probably will find out he was not satoshi etc..but man all that drama will sure make $$$ for press FUD

Well, let's just hope this guy is just what it seems to be, an attentionwhore fraudster, and that the police doesn't find 1 million BTC in some USB, because then those guys are going to become the biggest auctioneers in Bitcoin ever, they will probably sell it all to potential new whales. Actually it may not even be a bad thing since it will redistribute those coins.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
why would everyone chase after SN. let him live in peace .

His/her invention has disrupted a lot of big businesses and even some banks... they will want to make an example of this person, to show their power and how they deal with people

who dare to go against it. There are a lot of pissed off people out there, who are losing a sizable amount of money because of Bitcoin. Craig Wright might have bitten off more than

what he will be able to chew, with this hoax.  Roll Eyes
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
craid the fraudster:

Pages:
Jump to: