Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL: How to Deal with Stolen BTC on Poloniex - page 3. (Read 8884 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I think you could easily sell shares by creating a company selling assets in xcp/counterparty protocol?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
It seems my btc balance has dropped by 12.3%. Could you please post somewhere on my account balances page the amount taken and like some sort of accounting function showing how much has been earned back? As of now it's just vaporized as far as i  concerned. We basically need a receipt showing we loaned the site operator 12.3% of our balance.

+1
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
It seems my btc balance has dropped by 12.3%. Could you please post somewhere on my account balances page the amount taken and like some sort of accounting function showing how much has been earned back? As of now it's just vaporized as far as i  concerned. We basically need a receipt showing we loaned the site operator 12.3% of our balance.
Activity: 112
I like Poloniex and want to see it succeed. Busoni is a rare find in this wild west of cryptos. I'm confident he will find a way to make his customers whole.
I think option #2 is the most friendly way to deal with the shortfall.  

There is also option #4. Launch BusoniCoin! Use BusoniCoin as a ProtoShares style asset to issue shares of Poloniex!
If you launch it, I will mine it.
I kinda like the idea of shares as well as BusoniCoin, interesting. and yes I would mine it for a while maybe longer! Smiley

I agree with this. Smiley

Launching a coin with an underlying asset of value is something I am currently working on and if you could pull this off it would be awesome, but there are quite a few technical challenges involved with creating a coin like that. It "should" be possible now or soon with either NXT, Counterparty, Mastercoin or Etherum, but I don't think it has been done successfully yet in the real world?

If it's just another Altcoin clone with no underlying value and no dividends attached to it I think there will be less interest.

One benefit of getting external investors as shareholders in your business is that there will be a lot more people rooting for your success.

You will likely get help from people with a vested in interest in your success in all sorts of ways, apart from the fact that the shareholders will help drive new customers to the exchange.
legendary
Activity: 2198
I like Poloniex and want to see it succeed. Busoni is a rare find in this wild west of cryptos. I'm confident he will find a way to make his customers whole.

There is also option #4. Launch BusoniCoin! Use BusoniCoin as a ProtoShares style asset to issue shares of Poloniex!
I kinda like the idea of shares as well as BusoniCoin, interesting. and yes I would mine it for a while maybe longer! Smiley
Activity: 112
Sell shares of Poloniex, dividends paid from exchange fees    65 (53.3%)

^^^This^^^

I would be happy to invest in your exchange assuming there is a good chance of a reasonable ROI. I think Poloniex has a bright future ahead, despite this security breach and theft.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500

legendary
Could just open up a donation fund/account? ( all coins) If everyone gives a little bit it could get ya there quicker.... of course, I'm not real clear on how much BTC you are needing to come up to par again? I read 50,000.00 worth
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
#2 needs clarification and more details.  (Eg. Market Cap you would assigned? Are you giving shares to customers to cover loss - if so, the market cap you give shares in exchange for the loss is key. Or are you selling other people shares and giving customers BTC from the raise?

If you go with #2, you need to deduct the balances now, but then repay after stock issuance is decided.  Keeping balances at 100%, but saying "I'll pay back once I IPO", will be highly likely to result in run on the exchange.
Activity: 12
Nicely done mate!

The way you are handling things made sure you gained alot of faithful followers, once word gets out that you didnt bail, feck, Poloniex is gonna be booming mate.

I definitly want a share Smiley

Kudos!

TheDutch!
Activity: 6
when i can withdrawal my btc who was deposite after hacker atack?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
Activity: 28
shouldnt option # 2 be give all the users shares of poloniex proportionate to their loss? i don't see how us having to shell out more capital to buy shares makes this better or am i missing something?

even so its winning so if u sell shares, how is that process gonna work? the exchange will open before thats resolved right?
Activity: 4
Taxing withdrawals needs to be all coins or none. Doing just BTC, will result in a run on your exchange, guaranteed.  Just tax the alts as well, and sell them for BTC yourself.

But, need to admit, the tax method will be very confusing for new deposits.
legendary
If only coinmarket.io could learn from this OP.
ain't that the truth!!
Activity: 67
I'm surprised #1 was even leading in the beginning.
Go #2!
This is a forum om miners, traders and investors, of course we want more options for investment! Cheesy
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
PLease vote 2  Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Owner of Poloniex
#1, Plus Return all balances and tax BTC withdrawals by percentage of funds still missing

That's pretty dangerous. People will sell BTC and transfer Altcoin away without loss. The BTC will stay of course, but you harm also future BTC withdrawals (f .ex. for new members and later trades). I'm afraid it will lead to a huge drop in Volume = Trade Fees.

Looks like people agree. BTC will be unfrozen relatively soon, then.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
Go public for sure. You've shown that you are ready to accept fault for your own mistakes and I think you have a bright future ahead of you.

I would be interested in buying a % of the company.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
When markets get open ?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
If only coinmarket.io could learn from this OP.
Pages:
Jump to: