Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Should BFL get a Scammer tag? - page 4. (Read 4209 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
December 11, 2012, 04:17:37 AM
It's getting more and more obvious that either BFL scams us directly, or they are scammed by their Asian fab. The result is the same: We lose our money.

Figuring out which version is the truth is sort of pointless: Going through all of BFLs excuses, half-truths, weasel-words and even blatant lies is very tiring.

All I can say is the way they behave, the way they present themselves (insulting and putting of (potential) customers on a daily basis), especially their public face Inaba/Josh, is not that of a company that actually wants to make money - but that of a company that already has made their share and keep it.

So I'd say enough is enough.

[EDIT: Please see also Fjordbits post]
The problem I have with BFL is not that they promised in June a delivery in October. At that point in time, I didn't really believe it and even made posts saying to expect delivery in March.

The problem I have is that a few months later when other ASIC vendors announced their products, BFL reiterated that their October date was solid. In my opinion, this caused people to not invest in ASCIMINER, and not preorder bASIC and Avalon, and instead go with BFL. In other words, BFL was pushing forward this statement to their financial gain. It's one thing when you are the only vendor in town, but when you are making statements as a means to block competition and get more money, then a scammer tag is warranted.

BFL really should have known that they would not make the October date by September. But we got statements about bullet runs and whatnot. The fact that BFL was making design adjustments as in possibly October, but seemingly as late as November shows that the initial slippage is not because of their fab, but because of BFL's design team. The fab can be blamed for this recent change in dates (to a certain point, BFL is ultimately responsible for their fab), but the other dates are all BFL.
Pages:
Jump to: