Pages:
Author

Topic: (Poll) US presidential election: who do you hate the least? - page 2. (Read 6906 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
Election Day bump!!!
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
That said, I'll be voting tomorrow (my state votes on fully legalized weed this election, and it stands a decent chance of passing) so see ya at the polls!

Yeah, if I were in CO, WA, or OR (I think those are the states), I'd definitely be voting, essentially just for that. Most of the offices would get a "none of the above" write-in or something of the sort, Any tax increase or tighter regulation of X, Y or Z would get a "NO," and any attempt to remove legislation or legalize something would get a "YES."

So that's my recommendations for tomorrow.
New law or new/increased tax: NO.
Get rid of old law or reduce/eliminate tax: YES.
Legalize Marijuana (if applicable): YES.
Offices and positions(including Prez): Libertarian or "NOTA."
daytrader/superhero
ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!

Yup, tomorrow is Election Day....i think we are going to need a mop for all the collective tears on the forum....personally, I can't wait to hear 4 more years of bitching and conspiracy theories about whichever asshat wins.

That said, I'll be voting tomorrow (my state votes on fully legalized weed this election, and it stands a decent chance of passing) so see ya at the polls! (except you "fuck voting" guys...I'll see you at Starbucks or something)
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
If you check out data regarding non-voters you'll see they're starting to outnumber the people who do vote..... When the UK general election comes round I am so going to mock the main parties if they bother to knock.
If it were up to me, I'd change the entire system to a sortition based government. Essentially, it is government by lottery; the officials we currently elect would be replaced by random eligible citizens, sort of like jury duty. Get rid of the party system altogether, and replace it with a real sampling of the American public.

No way in hell a change that drastic will happen though.

Alexander Hamilton would agree with you, it's not going to happen. In fact he believed the House of Representatives was as far as the power of "Great Beast" should extend. He said in a letter to Thomas Jefferson about popular rule: "You're people, sir, is a great beast."

Hamilton was an elitist asshole. He believed in strong central government. The result of his policies run loose is visible all around.

True but what percentage of the electorate currently agree with him?

Also "Fuck Voting" is running a very strong second place now. lol

Well, we're hardly a representative sample, but a very small one, based on the poll here. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
If it were up to me, I'd change the entire system to a sortition based government. Essentially, it is government by lottery; the officials we currently elect would be replaced by random eligible citizens, sort of like jury duty. Get rid of the party system altogether, and replace it with a real sampling of the American public.

Alexander Hamilton would agree with you, it's not going to happen. In fact he believed the House of Representatives was as far as the power of "Great Beast" should extend. He said in a letter to Thomas Jefferson about popular rule: "You're people, sir, is a great beast."

I'm going to assume Alexander Hamilton had better grammar skills than that and the quote was actually "Your people, sir, is a great beast".  I somehow doubt he called Jefferson "people".

Hamilton was an elitist asshole. He believed in strong central government. The result of his policies run loose is visible all around.
daytrader/superhero

Both candidates are NWO operatives. One wants to help the poor just a tad and the other wants nothing to do with the bums.

No voting for me.. :/

Well, you could always vote for one of the others, and if Johnson gets just 5% of the popular vote, the Libertarian party will qualify for federal matching funds, and we might be able to finally break out of this double-headed coin flip we're stuck in.

Of course, I'm not voting for entirely different reasons, but if you still believe voting is worthwhile, then no reason not to cast it for someone who might actually make a difference.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Both candidates are NWO operatives. One wants to help the poor just a tad and the other wants nothing to do with the bums.

No voting for me.. :/
daytrader/superhero
Bump...less than 2 weeks!!
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
Last night I watched the Free & Equal third party debate. The whole time I kept thinking "I can't believe how much better ALL of these candidates are than Obama and Romney."

For starters they all opposed the NDAA, which both Obama and Romney declined to mention during their debate. All but Virgil Goode were in favor of legalizing cannabis, and he just doesn't want to waste federal money on a failed drug war. They all want to slash military spending, which Obama and Romney both want to maintain. It's shocking to me that most Americans can bear to look in the mirror after supporting Obama and Romney.
This thing deserves a bump.
Looks like a close race between Gary Johnson and Fuck voting, they all suck. I think you’ve put the people at Gallup out of business. lol

Don't forget ice cream. Ice cream is a pretty strong third place.
daytrader/superhero
Post debate bump
Activity: 756
I declare Gary Johnson beats all the fuckers!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
No matter your political views, Mitt Romney agrees with you!
http://www.roboromney.com/
Hey, where's the option for us foreigners who do live in the USA and hate you all anyway?

j/k Cheesy

Ummm... move back to where you are more comfortable?? hahaha j/k.

What makes you think I'd be more comfortable there?

Seriously, I don't hate Americans. There's no way I'm moving back to the UK either way* though.

*The way things currently are anyway.

who knows. i was only going by what you were saying. the only time i don't like people coming here is when they're getting a free ride, which i'm sure you're not. one side says 'hey! all of our natural resources are almost gone! americans must stop using them!' and then the same people turn around and say, 'hey come right in and use every thing we have. you don't have to prove you're here legally. just use it all!'

go figure.

its a global market these days, it dont really matter where someone is

i think you missed my point.

I think I missed my point

if someone is willing to buy resources that originated in USA, they can be shipped overseas.

the rest of my point is I guess harder to explain. China became more market liberal in recent decades increasing their citizens standard of living. USA over time won't be a place people go to because it has the highest standard of living
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Capitalism rocks my world.
Hey, where's the option for us foreigners who do live in the USA and hate you all anyway?

j/k Cheesy

Seriously, I don't hate Americans. There's no way I'm moving back to the UK either way* though.

who knows. i was only going by what you were saying. the only time i don't like people coming here is when they're getting a free ride, which i'm sure you're not. one side says 'hey! all of our natural resources are almost gone! americans must stop using them!' and then the same people turn around and say, 'hey come right in and use every thing we have. you don't have to prove you're here legally. just use it all!'

go figure.

i think you missed my point.

j/k Cheesy

go figure.

Pages:
Jump to: