Pages:
Author

Topic: (Poll) US presidential election: who do you hate the least? - page 4. (Read 6906 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
daytrader/superhero
Actually, Romney is NOT YET the GOP nominee.

You left out Jimmy Puma of the All Night Party.

Technically, obama isn't the dem nominee yet either, but they are both the presumptive nominees, and will undoubtedly be the ones to represent their respective parties.

Who?
Activity: 518
Even if you're the only person voting for an anarchist and it doesn't show up on the final tally, it still decreases the percentage of total votes supporting Obama/Romney

You make a good point. But not every state allows write-in votes, and if there's a 3% voter turnout, that speaks just as strongly.

But the media does not report the voter turnout, they report the percentage of votes cast. And whoever wins, if people just stay home rater than voting third party, the winner will say "I got over 50% of the vote so I have a MANDATE to do whatever the fuck I want". When they only get a plurality of votes instead of a majority they can't say that as much. (Not that it really affects what they do, just how it is percieved)
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
Actually, Romney is NOT YET the GOP nominee.

You left out Jimmy Puma of the All Night Party.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
BTCRadio Owner
All of them are jokes, puppets or just plain retards.... not much choice.
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Even if you're the only person voting for an anarchist and it doesn't show up on the final tally, it still decreases the percentage of total votes supporting Obama/Romney

You make a good point. But not every state allows write-in votes, and if there's a 3% voter turnout, that speaks just as strongly.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
I like turtles.
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
I'm proud, you guys. "Fuck voting" is now in the lead.

Why should I care what anarchists think if when we ASK their opinions, they refuse to provide them? If your goal is to protest democracy, then you can write-in a fellow anarchist.

That's like asking a vegetarian which meat they prefer.

So they can
* write in "vegetables" and everyone knows how many are vegetarian, or
* whine about the question and get counted as "ok with all meats"

You left out:
* convince other people meats are bad for your health, and that picking a favorite meat only encourages heart disease.

To further stretch this metaphor, picking a favorite meat is even more ridiculous when the healthy meats like chicken and fish are kept out of the contest by encouraging the idea that it's only a contest between bacon and beef.

That third option is identical to my second one. Whining about the question. If you pick "vegetables" as your favorite meat it's obvious to everyone that you're really a vegetarian.

What does refusing to vote tell everyone else? That there's no pleasing those vegetarians. Until we redefine the dialog under their terms, they'll stamp their feet and pout their lips, unwilling to dignify our question with an answer. Why compromise with people who won't reciprocate?

By convincing otherwise third-party voters to stay home, YOU'RE promoting the two-party sytem. Even if you're the only person voting for an anarchist and it doesn't show up on the final tally, it still decreases the percentage of total votes supporting Obama/Romney - gets counted as "none of the above" instead of "any of the above".

Why should I care what anarchists think if when we ASK their opinions, they refuse to provide them? If your goal is to protest democracy, then you can write-in a fellow anarchist.

So they can

You left out:
* convince other people meats are bad for your health, and that picking a favorite meat only encourages heart disease.

To further stretch this metaphor, picking a favorite meat is even more ridiculous when the healthy meats like chicken and fish are kept out of the contest by encouraging the idea that it's only a contest between bacon and beef.

So they can

If we lived in Anarchy Land, I would move to a private community where we voted on things. I wouldn't "refuse to legitimize" the status quo and not participate, which is indistinguishable from the vast majority of people who just don't care about politics.
daytrader/superhero
Looks like libertarians are in the lead, with fuck voting, and other countries hating us trailing close behind.....

And ice cream is finally getting some love, tying with the major parties  Grin
Activity: 434
100%
The Rock isn't running for president yet? Sucks..
I picked the ice cream.

Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!
I like how it doesn't matter what people think, since public vote doesn't actually matter for the presidential election. I'm going to sit here and enjoy my ice cream.
daytrader/superhero
Do you work at Fox news per chance?

I'm a Social Democrat who is voting Green Party... So, no?

I'm pretty sure Fox News would try to sacrifice me to Dick Cheney.

Or Bill O'Reilly...

...Maybe Glen Beck.
daytrader/superhero
Wow you left out Ron Paul? really?

What the fuck. Where is Ron Paul?

Write in?

Otherwise, he's not on the ballot. At all. Republicans and Libertarians both have thier candidates chosen, so, unless he runs independant (which hasn't been announced), he is out of the race. If he announces otherwise, I will add him to the poll.

However, that means Rosanne (yes, that Rosanne) has more of a chance of winning (actually being on a ballot) than Ron Paul.

Which is hilarious.

Did you guys really not know that?
Activity: 363
What the fuck. Where is Ron Paul? Do you work at Fox news per chance?
He was screwed over and can't be elected.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
What the fuck. Where is Ron Paul? Do you work at Fox news per chance?
Pages:
Jump to: