Pages:
Author

Topic: [Poll] What anonymous coin will succed? - page 28. (Read 90291 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 09, 2014, 01:45:26 PM
You can also specify why. + if you choose other, tell us what coin please!

ROFL u forgot navajo coin.........
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
August 09, 2014, 01:23:18 PM
btw, XMR is a coin with ninjamine still it works fine for many miners.

lol. Just because a coin is currently profitable to mine doesn't mean it has a "ninjamine".

To quote this: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#monero

There are no instantmines or premines in Monero. The smooth block subsidy scheme could be a little bit more tapered towards a slower distribution than it is, but ultimately this coin passes the smell test.
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
August 09, 2014, 10:54:06 AM
Bytecoin / Fantomcoin / Darkcoin - one of them will be the winner!

btw, XMR is a coin with ninjamine still it works fine for many miners.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @CrowdWhale
August 08, 2014, 02:57:19 PM
Incognito [ICG] because it's community driven. No scammy devs with insider trading, manipulation, and dumps before abandonment. ICG is YOUR coin.
legendary
Activity: 1554
August 08, 2014, 11:20:47 AM
In the future the new technology may be developed but nowadays CryptoNote tech is the most anonymous and stable.
And Bytecoin (BCN) is the first CN-based and the best coin ! I bet it's going to be a winner! 

No, it's not winner. Any coin will survive with huge premine/ninjamine/instamine. XMR is the winner, because it's the first anonymous coin with fair launch.
Activity: 85
August 08, 2014, 10:28:56 AM
In the future the new technology may be developed but nowadays CryptoNote tech is the most anonymous and stable.
And Bytecoin (BCN) is the first CN-based and the best coin ! I bet it's going to be a winner! 
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 08, 2014, 10:01:09 AM
Do you know how CryptoNote coins like Monero would compare to an implementation of Zerocoin (not zerocash) - would they both offer the same level of anonymity and would Monero be just as decentralized and trustless as something like Anoncoin are planning if they can successfully implement zerocoin?

From a cryptographic perspective, Zerocoin has a great deal of potential, and Anoncoin is pushing ahead with their proposed implementation of it. As you may or may not know, Monero has a close working relationship with AnonCoin, to the point where we have formed an NGO together to tackle the low-latency mixnet work (i2pd) to benefit both Anoncoin and Monero, so Zerocoin is something we've discussed at length with them. Zerocoin is definitely a worthy approach to the problem, although it will suffer from similar "blockchain bloat" that Monero incurs if the proofs get posted back to the blockchain. It does nonetheless offer a sound approach to cryptographically unlinkable transactions, the only failure of which would be the "open" blockchain that still allows for some analysis (until ZC is coupled with hard-forked enforcement of stealth addresses, which would solve that from that point on).

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize you guys where working together.
legendary
Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021
August 08, 2014, 09:56:59 AM
icg is where it's at
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
August 08, 2014, 09:54:17 AM
ICG~ INCOGNITOCOIN
Activity: 91
August 08, 2014, 06:01:17 AM
Monero (XMR), Stealthcoin (XST), Cloakcoin (CLOAK)
- best ideas
- best developer teams
The winner will be between those coins!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 08, 2014, 03:20:46 AM
incogcoin................................ ticking bomb ...

Activity: 448
August 08, 2014, 01:26:05 AM
I think this question will be settled in about 48 to 72 hours. Darkcoin testnet wallet is already functioning as intended: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-75#post-15258
donator
August 07, 2014, 05:45:31 PM
anonymous is just a stunt for making money. i don't trust these coins, none of them will success, because they all for making money.

Are you saying they are scam?

Well, except for Darkcoin. As soon as people saw how darkcoin succeeded, several other "privacy-centric" coins popped up.

You're incorrect. Bytecoin, Monero's predecessor and the basis of the CryptoNote reference code, had its first commit to github (in fully working form) on November 15th, 2013. The first Darkcoin commit was on January 10th, 2014 when it was still called XCoin (bet you didn't know that;)
You gonna lose that bet, I know darkcoin from inside out and never said darkcoin was the first existing but the first showing something i would call success and suddenly lots of coins claiming anon features popped up.

Monero will succeed too, but in a distant future. Just saying. XMR does good stuff, but now is the time for DRK.

Ah - this is a communication problem, you and I have fundamentally different ideas of "success". You're talking about success in terms of marketing and market price; I'm talking about success in terms of cryptographic soundness. Under this clearer definition you are correct - Bytecoin was wholly unsuccessful, in spite of its cryptographic soundness, and Darkcoin's market success definitely did spawn a string of idiotic imitators all trying to reinvent a broken wheel.
Activity: 518
Merit: 505
August 07, 2014, 05:42:01 PM
anonymous is just a stunt for making money. i don't trust these coins, none of them will success, because they all for making money.

Well, except for Darkcoin. As soon as people saw how darkcoin succeeded, several other "privacy-centric" coins popped up.

You're incorrect. Bytecoin, Monero's predecessor and the basis of the CryptoNote reference code, had its first commit to github (in fully working form) on November 15th, 2013. The first Darkcoin commit was on January 10th, 2014 when it was still called XCoin (bet you didn't know that;)
You gonna lose that bet, I know darkcoin from inside out and never said darkcoin was the first existing but the first showing something i would call success and suddenly lots of coins claiming anon features popped up.

Monero will succeed too, but in a distant future. Just saying. XMR does good stuff, but now is the time for DRK.
donator
August 07, 2014, 04:35:29 PM
Do you know how CryptoNote coins like Monero would compare to an implementation of Zerocoin (not zerocash) - would they both offer the same level of anonymity and would Monero be just as decentralized and trustless as something like Anoncoin are planning if they can successfully implement zerocoin?

From a cryptographic perspective, Zerocoin has a great deal of potential, and Anoncoin is pushing ahead with their proposed implementation of it. As you may or may not know, Monero has a close working relationship with AnonCoin, to the point where we have formed an NGO together to tackle the low-latency mixnet work (i2pd) to benefit both Anoncoin and Monero, so Zerocoin is something we've discussed at length with them. Zerocoin is definitely a worthy approach to the problem, although it will suffer from similar "blockchain bloat" that Monero incurs if the proofs get posted back to the blockchain. It does nonetheless offer a sound approach to cryptographically unlinkable transactions, the only failure of which would be the "open" blockchain that still allows for some analysis (until ZC is coupled with hard-forked enforcement of stealth addresses, which would solve that from that point on).
Activity: 378
August 07, 2014, 03:54:33 PM

donator
August 07, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

Activity: 119
Merit: 100
August 07, 2014, 01:43:57 PM
What anonymous coin will succed?

One so forgotten and abandoned, that the world may never know its name...
Activity: 798
August 07, 2014, 01:38:32 PM
Absolutly BoomCoin.

Here comes the BooooOoooom.

All interested People Are welcome.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 07, 2014, 09:42:28 AM
Vote for Cryptcoin
Pages:
Jump to: