Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL: What are the biggest scam/sh*t coins out there? - page 3. (Read 9309 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
It's kind of funny that some of the coins that got rated the highest as most likely to grow in 2014 similarly got rated highest as most likely to be shit or a scam.

I voted for NXT coins though, because the fine print on its exchange reads something like "All bitcoins placed into the exchange belong to the exchange.", and the owner of the exchange, and the main NXT website, also owns another domain with the word "Ponzi" in it for some reason.

It's an interesting concept but it needs to be steered clear of at all costs with the people running it.

NXT got my vote as well. They closed their investment 6 weeks early without advance notice to avoid dilution of existing investment, so the early investors could own a much larger stake, and then start selling a week later at a 4762% markup.

I see they are #2 and should be #1 on the list.

Aye, we know that u r upset, u already posted this in another thread.

Yes, there would always be angry people, but NXT would be able to make the claim that everyone who knew about it and made the stated deadline was able to invest.

Do you deny that the pre-sale was closed early without advance notice to prevent dilution of existing investment?

I checked all BCNexts's posts and there had never been any time limit or number of stakeholders
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
unbelievable Ripple is not on this list and MegaGoin

Should have listed in alphabetic order, but hands down the scam coins have to have these attributes:

1. Not Bitcoin
2. No mining
3. PreMined

My top four:

1. Ripple
2. NXT - love the differentiation but man what a crap product and no mining of coins is a deal killer.  
3. QRK - come on, how is this coin even popular
4. Mega - avoid shiny things that steal their luster from others
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
black swan hunter
It's kind of funny that some of the coins that got rated the highest as most likely to grow in 2014 similarly got rated highest as most likely to be shit or a scam.

I voted for NXT coins though, because the fine print on its exchange reads something like "All bitcoins placed into the exchange belong to the exchange.", and the owner of the exchange, and the main NXT website, also owns another domain with the word "Ponzi" in it for some reason.

It's an interesting concept but it needs to be steered clear of at all costs with the people running it.

NXT got my vote as well. They closed their investment 6 weeks early without advance notice to avoid dilution of existing investment, so the early investors could own a much larger stake, and then start selling a week later at a 4762% markup.

Yes, there would always be angry people, but NXT would be able to make the claim that everyone who knew about it and made the stated deadline was able to invest.

Do you deny that the pre-sale was closed early without advance notice to prevent dilution of existing investment?
Activity: 490
Merit: 504

if they waited 6 weeks, 6 months, 6 years... there would still be angry people
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

Activity: 448
black swan hunter

legendary
519 hypocrites overall right now. Smiley

Actually there r only ~10 real people behind most of them.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
519 hypocrites overall right now. Smiley
xgc
Activity: 69
Merit: 10

You voted for a coin because of a 3rd party exchange website verbiage?  Interesting.  The main Nxt website is NxtCrypto.org, it's run by the community.  The currency has zero affiliation with Dgex, he is just the first person to start an exchange, that's all.  Tell you what, open a Nxt account, PM me your account #, and I'll send you 100 Nxt so you can at least check it out.

I agree.. people don't do their research. DGEX was one of the first exchanges to support FRC when no exchanges wanted to touch demurrage.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

You voted for a coin because of a 3rd party exchange website verbiage?  Interesting.  The main Nxt website is NxtCrypto.org, it's run by the community.  The currency has zero affiliation with Dgex, he is just the first person to start an exchange, that's all.  Tell you what, open a Nxt account, PM me your account #, and I'll send you 100 Nxt so you can at least check it out.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Why don't you list coins that were actually a scam, like Visacoin?
Activity: 720
Merit: 103
is btc Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
StayFocus and LIVE
wow QRK - Quarkcoin @ 90 (9.7%) ;/ why?
legendary
Activity: 1512
you should list bitcoin.
where is visacoin?
Activity: 546
Merit: 503
You have forgot to add to that poll the true cryptocurrency - DigiByte )
Please add it. I need to vote.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
you missed out bitcoin, the biggest scam coin of them all, probably the shitist also. please add bitcoin so i can vote

Oh dear, someone is all butthurt about something.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Total Voters: 406

Well... Census hypocrites is a good thing too, watching.  Smiley
legendary
POLL: What trains did you miss?

Interesting poll, watching...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
QRK will be forked soon.
Activity: 294
Need to please add earthcoin. The online wallet was initially developed by a scammer. Lost 7620.46 coins before the desktop wallet was released, and I know for a fact I wasn't the only one, check the forums.  We cannot possibly support and grow a coin knowing there is a scammer that would get super rich due to the Devs carelessness on launch.
Pages:
Jump to: