Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Will BFL deliver a Bitforce SC ASIC by November 30, 2012 - page 3. (Read 6458 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
As for the actual specs, they'll be on target. Think about it this way...if you just paid $30,000 for a single Rig, would you like to see the promised 1TH/s (or thereabout)? Not to mention, they have venture capital backing (VCs don't mess around with shoddy products for the most part) and $600,000 in preorders/trade-ins for the Rigs (that have been posted so far), so the specifications they promised will surely be met.

Just because u send a shitload of money to anyone doesn't guarantee you the product that you where offered .....

And VC's want you to sell your product even if it's unfinished or crap.... That's how funding works. They want to see some numbers adding up, before they grant you more money!

They send back their recieved under spec Units hoping for a refund that ll never see the daylight .....

Or they just mine with them, accepting that bfl cares FUD about that?

I seriously want to have one or two sc units. But I'll only order if I see an actual unit hashing!

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Might be they deliver some sort of new product - but by no chance the ASIC they claim to be developing...

I can't tell if I'm being trolled or people just don't know how businesses work...

Let's simplify it a bit:
1. Product offered
2. Product bought in large quantities
3. Product meets expectations

Does anybody know what happens if #3 isn't met?

This isn't rhetorical by the way...I'm actually curious about what people think is going to happen given the cynical views so far.
Activity: 700
Merit: 507
Simple: no

Might be they deliver some sort of new product - but by no chance the ASIC they claim to be developing...
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I voted no. From what I've read so far, I think they're either pulling a massive scam, or if they're sincere, they're

a) way too optimistic with their timeframe... no ASICs before the new year at least, and
b) pulling the specs out of their arse... sure, ASICs would improve on FPGAs and do great damage to the GPU and FPGA miner diehards, but their quoted speeds and powers are bullshit.

That said, I fear wishful thinking on my part. I've sunk a whole load of money into a GPU farm since first hearing about bitcoin in October last year, and it's going to take a heck of a long time to recover my costs even if ASICs don't materialise (partly my rigs being continually uncooperative, partly poor buying decisions). If they do I can pack this all in. So I'd definitely much prefer that they're pie-in-the-sky and/or scammers, so I can continue to recover costs and feel smug about all those eedjits who jumped on the bandwagon.

Also I don't know if you can change the form of a poll once you've posted it, but
a) Your poll says we can only choose up to two options. Herp derp and so on.
b) You say the poll closes Nov 2. It would make more sense to close it some time before the Oct 31 deadline. How about either 30 Sept, or sometime mid-October?

Technically, the answer is 'no'. The question is, will BFL deliver before October 31st, 2012...and although their website states they will be available in October, they surely won't be in our hands until a number of months afterwards.

As for the actual specs, they'll be on target. Think about it this way...if you just paid $30,000 for a single Rig, would you like to see the promised 1TH/s (or thereabout)? Not to mention, they have venture capital backing (VCs don't mess around with shoddy products for the most part) and $600,000 in preorders/trade-ins for the Rigs (that have been posted so far), so the specifications they promised will surely be met.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Let's see who has the last  Cheesy
Wait, so I can select yes AND no? SWEET!!
Activity: 492
Merit: 503
I voted no. From what I've read so far, I think they're either pulling a massive scam, or if they're sincere, they're

a) way too optimistic with their timeframe... no ASICs before the new year at least, and
b) pulling the specs out of their arse... sure, ASICs would improve on FPGAs and do great damage to the GPU and FPGA miner diehards, but their quoted speeds and powers are bullshit.

That said, I fear wishful thinking on my part. I've sunk a whole load of money into a GPU farm since first hearing about bitcoin in October last year, and it's going to take a heck of a long time to recover my costs even if ASICs don't materialise (partly my rigs being continually uncooperative, partly poor buying decisions). If they do I can pack this all in. So I'd definitely much prefer that they're pie-in-the-sky and/or scammers, so I can continue to recover costs and feel smug about all those eedjits who jumped on the bandwagon.

Also I don't know if you can change the form of a poll once you've posted it, but
a) Your poll says we can only choose up to two options. Herp derp and so on.
b) You say the poll closes Nov 2. It would make more sense to close it some time before the Oct 31 deadline. How about either 30 Sept, or sometime mid-October?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Let's see who has the last  Cheesy
- So Oct 31 was a no-go for ASIC in the wild. Majority of the voters were correct in their guess. Some best-effort promises were broken. Waiting until Nov 30.
Pages:
Jump to: