Pages:
Author

Topic: ⛏️ Poolin.com ⛏️ Bitcoin Mining | 16% of Global Hashrate | FPPS ⛏️ LOW fee - page 2. (Read 4039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1490
Merit: 1021

A very warm thank you to all our miners and partners attending our summit today! We look forward in building the future of decentralization together for many years to come! Thank you!

New video out! This time, poolin team visits the largest mining farms in China:

https://youtu.be/NrLENhrTrMA
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
After using Poolin for a few months i must say i'm realy pleased and excited using it.

Do you have any update about the "lock payout address" feature that i proposed? Also, are you going to offer some sort of buying option for mining equipment anytime soon?

Last but not least, i'd love to see a 0.001 btc payout option in the near future. I know you are already offering daily payouts at Poolin wallets, but setting up so many wallets, is a no go at least for me at the moment.

Thank you and i'm waiting for your reply.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Court Denies Bitmain $30M in Damages From Co-Founders of Rival Poolin

https://www.coindesk.com/court-bitmain-bitcoin-mining-damages-poolin

They were in breach of contract, but lesser fines Smiley
As such, Pan Zhibiao, Li Tianzhao and Zhu Fa are required by the court to pay fines of about $200,000, $178,000 and $154,000, respectively.
legendary
legendary
It's Poolin not Pooling.

Please don't bring drama here Kano, thanks.
If you consider Bitcoin invalid forks caused by not verifying the transactions in a block, as something that poo lin doesn't care about, which would clearly appear to be the case since you don't verify the block's transactions before sending new work to your miners, they start each block change working on blocks that may be invalid, then clearly this pool is indeed VERY bad for Bitcoin.

Indeed any of the sources that you use to get the block headers before you verify the block's transactions, could use that fact to make ALL your miners mine on invalid blocks.

Alas it would appear that your minors are ignorant of this fact, or you don't divulge, hide this fact, from them.
Which is it?
legendary
Another EMPTY block today by Poolin.
Block 646643

Generating EMPTY blocks means they are not fully testing the blocks they are building upon and risking causing a Bitcoin fork like happened in 2015 when the Pooling manager worked for Bitmain and F2Pool and Bitmain forked onto an invalid chain.

Be wary of supporting pools that do such bad things for Bitcoin.

It's Poolin not Pooling.

Please don't bring drama here Kano, thanks.
legendary
Another EMPTY block today by Poolin.
Block 646643

Generating EMPTY blocks means they are not fully testing the blocks they are building upon and risking causing a Bitcoin fork like happened in 2015 when the Pooling manager worked for Bitmain and F2Pool and Bitmain forked onto an invalid chain.

Be wary of supporting pools that do such bad things for Bitcoin.
legendary
Hello everyone.
I recently joined poolin in order to test the profitability and see how often it finds blocks.

My previous pool was slushpool so i want to compare it with poolin.
I know Slush is a much smaller pool but it was really convenient being able to see whenever a block was found.

I've got some recommendations to make in order for poolin to become a little more friendly to use.

1. I would like to see in the main dashboard page everytime a block is found and also the reward.
2. The pool's major drowback IMO is that we can't lock the payout address which is something we can do in Slushpool.
    Are you going to offer this option any time soon?

Thank you in advance

Thanks for testing out Poolin, the recommendations you have given are really good, especially number 2. I will add it to the roadmap, are there anymore recommendations you have? We are all ears and appreciate the feedback!
legendary
Poolin generates empty blocks.
EMPTY blocks are not necessary and are a sign that the pool is slow and coded badly.
Today: block 645465 EMPTY
legendary
the hard part is that so many times in the past people have left crypto in exchanges for the same purposes and what tends to happen is that the exchange/pool/wallet service  or whatever you want to call it, ends up getting hacked or the owners go poof and people lose it all - if you dont own the keys, you dont own the crypto.

There is always a risk in not owning your keys, I agree. This is why we leave it as an optional feature.

Hey everyone! Announcement from our end, all our products are now under the Poolin brand! More information can be found here: https://medium.com/poolin/all-under-the-poolin-brand-1065561bbd3f
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
Hello everyone.
I recently joined poolin in order to test the profitability and see how often it finds blocks.

My previous pool was slushpool so i want to compare it with poolin.
I know Slush is a much smaller pool but it was really convenient being able to see whenever a block was found.

I've got some recommendations to make in order for poolin to become a little more friendly to use.

1. I would like to see in the main dashboard page everytime a block is found and also the reward.
2. The pool's major drowback IMO is that we can't lock the payout address which is something we can do in Slushpool.
    Are you going to offer this option any time soon?

Thank you in advance
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
the hard part is that so many times in the past people have left crypto in exchanges for the same purposes and what tends to happen is that the exchange/pool/wallet service  or whatever you want to call it, ends up getting hacked or the owners go poof and people lose it all - if you dont own the keys, you dont own the crypto.
legendary
that's correct! I showed various scenarios in the report. please have a read and let me know if you have any other feedback Kano. Would love to hear YOUR feedback of all people!

We have lowered our default bitcoin fee from 4%-2.5%!

happy mining!

Poolin Mining App, monitor your operation on the go.

https://medium.com/poolin/poolin-mobile-mining-app-93bb16c87789

Mining with Poolin now allows for bitcoin lending, borrowing and yield enhancing strategies! Just choose the BLOCKIN WALLET in the your Poolin account to take advantage of these features, more information can be found here: https://medium.com/poolin/blockin-custodial-wallet-with-savings-and-loan-features-471f7d0e77bf.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'
Yeah. a modded s9 with 1 board doing 3.5 th does not even make the chart.
yet a lot of people will use them after the 1/2 ing.
they will mine solo
they will be a space heater first
and power price will be 7kwatts a day or 210 kwatts  a month.

☮ 🌈 ⚛ ⚖ 🌐 📡 📖 📹 🔑 🛩

I am testing symbols.

please note:

Pattern order was  lifted from a tweet by Andreas@aantonop. not sure if it needs credit.
legendary
Comparing Hashrate of Old Generation Bitcoin Miners to Estimate Halving Capitulations:

miner-survivability-post-halving-a-hash-rate-comparison-198bb8918563

https://miro.medium.com/max/1248/1*N_QEdwSExxSdKfY9nVN1_A.png

Actually, it depends on the price, the difficulty and the J/H
The hash rate doesn't decide it.

The price is the main decider.
legendary
Calculate how much it costs a mining rig to create bitcoin with our updated miner profit estimation tool: https://medium.com/poolin/mining-profit-estimate-tool-64765b6fcb29

Comparing Hashrate of Old Generation Bitcoin Miners to Estimate Halving Capitulations: https://medium.com/poolin/miner-survivability-post-halving-a-hash-rate-comparison-198bb8918563

legendary
[...]

we recommend using one verified URL.

unfortunately we were unable to recreate your issue and no other user has faced this issue, might be your network?

*edit: we will have a deeper look again in a couple of days, stand by.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Code:
{  
   "account":[  
      {  
         "name":"workername",
         "weight":1
      }
   ],
   "account_mode":0,
   "agent_listen_ip":"192.168.0.1",
   "agent_listen_port":8888,
   "pools":[  
      {  
         "address":"btc-va.ss.poolin.com",
         "port":443
      },
      {  
         "address":"btc-bj.ss.poolin.com",
         "port":1883
      },
      {  
         "address":"btc.ss.poolin.com",
         "port":25
      }
   ]
}
legendary
Let me relay your comment to the dev team. Any other questions or concerns please keep 'em coming, we appreciate the feedback.

Hey Artemis,

"offline_keep_mining" can be found in our other tool 'Offline Keeper' in our tool section: https://www.poolin.com/tools

We are now testing the software to find out whats up with the server specified issue.

Artemis do you mind sending me your config file please?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
This is a shame, "offline_keep_mining" was one of the most interesting features, it kept the asic cool when there is no connection.

My test run had the 3 different servers specified, yet it only connected to the first (VA). If connection fails for long (some minutes) the proxy quits entirely.

This and lack of offline keep mining makes it rather pointless to use it, except for bandwidth compression unless that also was removed.
Pages:
Jump to: