Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 123. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
See i would think that if i am mining with a specific pool such as wafflepool, i would want my fellow miners to help me with my config files after all as RedGreen would say "were all in this boat together"  so it makes sense to me that this particular page is where i would go for support help, after all i would think, all other miners at wafflepool would want all others running as efficiently as possible thus maximizing profits.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
bye all this is a support forum i thought ... setting quota for waffle to 0

i just wanted to thank you for helping me with my config, i was able to get them up to 505 each after tweaking according to some of your posts.  I will post up a config file when i get home from work tonight

you are welcome.  I am going to start messing around with xintensity after another nap.  Many users ARE willing to help newbies here Smiley

Helping newbies is one thing... helping newbies in the proper forum thread is another.

You're putting up general miner settings and asking advice... you can open another thread for that in the Hardware or the Altcoin subforums.  You'll get plenty of helpful advice that way.

Putting it in here on a specific pool's support thread is typically called "hijacking" a thread and is usually frowned upon.  You'll get less help and some angry people that way.

It's like going to a random classroom at a University and loudly yelling in the middle of a Chemistry Class for some help with your Medieval Literature homework.  There's a time and a place for everything.
Activity: 413
Merit: 10

i just wanted to thank you for helping me with my config, i was able to get them up to 505 each after tweaking according to some of your posts.  I will post up a config file when i get home from work tonight

you are welcome.  I am going to start messing around with xintensity after another nap.  Many users ARE willing to help newbies here Smiley
Switching from intensity 13 to xintensity 4 bumped me up about 20-30 kh/s on my 7970 Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Activity: 5
I understand that we suffered a massive DDoS, but despite my hash/shares are being displayed on Waffle website, the Bitcoins count (expected, unconverted, earned) remains without any change hour after hour. What's going on?

Working fine here. You sure your miners aren't on a backup pool?

Now it seems to work, but A LOT of hash seems to be unaccounted since yesterday. Maybe all related to the DDoS attack.
Activity: 21

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I understand that we suffered a massive DDoS, but despite my hash/shares are being displayed on Waffle website, the Bitcoins count (expected, unconverted, earned) remains without any change hour after hour. What's going on?

Working fine here. You sure your miners aren't on a backup pool?
Activity: 5
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Just so we can all get a feel for what is currently going on with regards to the miner hijacking / hashpower theft attack that started sometime during the early weekend (the event that occurred prior to the pool server ddos attack), has anyone noticed any of their miners connecting to an unknown rogue server after Monday at 12PM noon GMT (8am eastern US, 5am pacific US)?  This is approximately the last 26.5 hours from the time of this posting.  Or has that original attack at least subsided for now?

Please note that you do not have to post to say no.  Just post if you have recently been affected.  Thank you!
Activity: 7
Merit: 2
Btw, lookup-gap reduces your per-thread memory usage (trading it for extra computation). So a lookup-gap of 2 cuts memory usage in half, to 64K per thread. Generally this value gives the best performance as well.
Activity: 693
many pages ago and long forgotten BUMP.
anyone with a lot of experience tuning cards?

I am now running cgminer kalroth 3.7.3 20140324.

Going above intensity 13 gives me HW errors.

I arrived at the thread-concurrency setting thru trial and error when I was using cgminer 3.7.2 cklovas (not sure of handle, the orig cgminer dev).

Any tips on tuning my cards 0:R9-280X 1:HD7950 PCS+ (both powercolor brand).
I am getting 729KHs on R9-280x and 559KHs on HD7950.
Both cards have volt-modded bios for lower temps and have been dis-assembled to reapply heat-sink paste (helped immensly)!

an excerpt from my cgminer.conf

"intensity" : "13,13",
"no-client-reconnect" : true,
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "11201,8193",
"shaders" : "2048,1792",
"gpu-engine" : "950-1030,1050-1075",
"gpu-fan" : "60-100,60-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1250",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "1.000-1.081,1.080-1.100",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "69",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "100",
"load-balance" : true,
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-dyninterval" : "4",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "2",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

Nap time now LOL falling asleep watchin a movie ...

Your thread-concurrency is too low for the number of shaders on your card.  Set that value to something higher.  With 2560 shaders on a card, you can only fit 8,192 threads in memory at 128k per thread.  Not-so-coincidentally, I=13 is 8,192 threads.  There is a ton of information out there on how to properly set up a card for mining - I suggest you google it and read up.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
utahjohn could you please stop hijacking this thread with multiple consecutive posts, almost all with no relevant information?

in other words, could you shut the fuck up  Grin

Just click Ignore under his name...

You are our hero!
Activity: 84
utahjohn could you please stop hijacking this thread with multiple consecutive posts, almost all with no relevant information?

Just click Ignore under his name...
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
Fluttercoin (FLT)
Network Hashrate: 4.09 GH/s

yжe нeдeлю ввepxy.
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
my hashrate on pool is  almost half of my actual rate
we are under ddos again? or what?

Nope, everything should be fine. Can you either email me your info, or hop on IRC?
Details: address, miner, miner version, pool config, expected hashrate
Activity: 28

many pages ago and long forgotten BUMP.
anyone with a lot of experience tuning cards?

I am now running cgminer kalroth 3.7.3 20140324.

Going above intensity 13 gives me HW errors.

I arrived at the thread-concurrency setting thru trial and error when I was using cgminer 3.7.2 cklovas (not sure of handle, the orig cgminer dev).

Any tips on tuning my cards 0:R9-280X 1:HD7950 PCS+ (both powercolor brand).
I am getting 729KHs on R9-280x and 559KHs on HD7950.
Both cards have volt-modded bios for lower temps and have been dis-assembled to reapply heat-sink paste (helped immensly)!

an excerpt from my cgminer.conf

"intensity" : "13,13",
"no-client-reconnect" : true,
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "11201,8193",
"shaders" : "2048,1792",
"gpu-engine" : "950-1030,1050-1075",
"gpu-fan" : "60-100,60-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1250",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "1.000-1.081,1.080-1.100",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "69",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "100",
"load-balance" : true,
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-dyninterval" : "4",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "2",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

Nap time now LOL falling asleep watchin a movie ...
I don't sleep much and have all mining pools pages open that I am currently mining and adjust quotas as needed.  works for me Smiley

Edit: only 4 pools set with above 0 quota at moment but others will be fail-over if my main choices get DDOS.

Edit: LTC also a fail-over on cryptotroll.com 0% fee Smiley
Activity: 93
I've been mining with Wafflepool for weeks but since they changed their server last week, my hash was down to zero intermittently for many hours a day.  I know it was blamed on DDOS, but are we protected now?  If not, how do we know if the attack will come back or not?  Until I get some answers, I'm out of here.  So many things going on these days... difficult to trust anonymous and virtual entities when money is involved.  Sometime I feel this whole crypto thing is a big scam with MtGox being the tip of the iceberg.  

make sure you have some fail-over pools configured.  Indeed we lost quite a bit to DDOS over past couple days but if you have one or more fail-over pools configured, no lost mining time Smiley have faith don't give up too soon.

EDIT: I have 8 pools in my cgminer.conf ... what's the probability of them ALL going down ...

See my post on this page about quota mining https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5884395

I have two profit switching pools (4 sites) configured and - as a backup of a last resort - a reliable litecoin mining pool (3 sites).

So, three pools, 7 sites.

Having too much pools configured (especially with quota mining) - also means that your hash power is scattered all around and you have a difficult position of monitoring how your's hash rate is in fact accepted at pool's side. Therefore I prefer two pools at max and one reliable last resort mining pool.

Jump to: