Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 178. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254
So I mentioned this a few days ago, waffle.... Any insights on dogecoin 1.6? They are ending the "provably pre-calculable blocks" in doge. Since we still spend a lot of time mining doge, I imagine this could affect the pool substantially when we're no longer able to grab the profitable blocks.

More info:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/207hfb/ann_dogecoin16_its_ready_all_you_need_to_know/
and
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/204nrf/ann_we_are_fixing_the_block_rewards_and/

Thanks

Yep, I've been reading through it.  I need to do more research into the "why" behind digishield.  I've looked at the code, and understand what its doing, just not exactly why it cripples multipools in the way they claim it does.  At this point, essentially doge will just become another coin, sometimes it will be more profitable, sometimes it will be less profitable, and we'll mine it accordingly.  Just removes the "random" rewards (which did help us quite a bit) Smiley
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Just a heads up guys, but WAFFLESTATS will be down probably until morning. I needed to upgrade the AWS EC2 instance and my instances keep getting AN INTERNAL SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURED whenever I try and launch a new instance and/or request a spot instance. What was supposed to be a simple: Backup database, stop existing instance, start new instance, reattach database turned into an hour of SYSTEM ERROR SYSTEM ERROR SYSTEM ERROR.

Sorry. Undecided
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
WafflePool killing it so far today.  Over 1/4 thru the day, and have been holding at over 0.00878182 BTC/MH for a while.

Doge and Litecoin power.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
MIddlecoin has less than half as much hash as wafflepool but gaining more than half the amount of bitcoin per day.
Not sure where the heck you are getting that from... You realize the MC pool "Balance" never gets anywhere close to 0, right?   Middlecoin has been significantly less profitable then WafflePool recently.

Ahh its the multiple payouts of wafflepool that tricked me.... what made me think more of it was I did a random search on some users they are still getting decent payouts there up until a few days I was looking at this one user who was getting above 0.01 Per /MH this almost halfed a few days ago , this pool halfed almost 1 week ago. couldnt work it out
Activity: 16
So I mentioned this a few days ago, waffle.... Any insights on dogecoin 1.6? They are ending the "provably pre-calculable blocks" in doge. Since we still spend a lot of time mining doge, I imagine this could affect the pool substantially when we're no longer able to grab the profitable blocks.

More info:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/207hfb/ann_dogecoin16_its_ready_all_you_need_to_know/
and
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/204nrf/ann_we_are_fixing_the_block_rewards_and/

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
guys what is the largest dogecoin mining pool?
wafflepool
Activity: 55
guys what is the largest dogecoin mining pool?
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Per worker hashrates have been added to our stats page.

They've also been added to the API that people are using (shouldn't break anything they're using).

I'll notify Wil and let him know Smiley

Added the per worker hashrates stats on http://stratehm.net Smiley
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
@PW - I've been getting a lot of getwork failures from cgwatcher lately. From some general reading, it appears this happens when the pool switches coins. When not using cgwatcher, cgminer will wait for work and eventually stop mining. Do I need to setup my fail-over to another pool (or solo mine) until cgminer gets work from Waffle? I have 2 pools setup currently in my config file (waffle east, waffle west and clever in that order).

i have my cgwatcher set to restart the miner after 2 minutes of no submitted shares.  seems to be working fine.  i start getting shares right away.
Activity: 2
@PW - I've been getting a lot of getwork failures from cgwatcher lately. From some general reading, it appears this happens when the pool switches coins. When not using cgwatcher, cgminer will wait for work and eventually stop mining. Do I need to setup my fail-over to another pool (or solo mine) until cgminer gets work from Waffle? I have 2 pools setup currently in my config file (waffle east, waffle west and clever in that order).
Activity: 31
I'd love to add it back, just gotta come up with a nicer way to store it, and move the old stuff into the new system.

Sounds like a rollup table is your solution, PW, indexed on BTC address.

is it actually normal ? Shocked

also 3-4 % rejects on eu , last 20+ hours wu is 90% + still tho
Looks like you have expiry set too low.  Try scan-time 4 and expiry 8.

No more listings of blocks solved?
Hm, looks like Worker stats replaced individual block finder stats.

@PoolWaffle:  can we get blocks found back on the personal stats page?

Essentially just a load issue.  I was running some profiling today (DB was getting slow), and about 98% of its load was coming from the block lookups (we don't save them separately, so looking them up was digging through the entire shares table), and with people scraping that page, was absolutely raping the db.  Getting rid of it today dropped load from ~4 on the DB to ~0.8 (huge!)

I'd love to add it back, just gotta come up with a nicer way to store it, and move the old stuff into the new system.
Activity: 11

with the exact same settings i had <0.5% rejects until 2-3 days ago
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Activity: 58
Activity: 11
[19:18:26] Pool 0 stale share detected, submitting as user requested
[19:18:26] Accepted 0d9645cb Diff 4.82K/512 GPU 1 at Pool 0
[19:19:03] Pool 0 stale share detected, submitting as user requested
[19:19:03] Accepted 154e58fc Diff 3.08K/512 GPU 1 at Pool 0
[19:19:08] Accepted 56cf95dd Diff 755/512 GPU 1 at Pool 0
[19:19:12] Pool 0 stale share detected, submitting as user requested
[19:19:13] Accepted 61d29406 Diff 670/512 GPU 1 at Pool 0
[19:19:19] Pool 0 stale share detected, submitting as user requested
[19:19:19] Accepted 64cd7c57 Diff 650/512 GPU 1 at Pool 0
[19:19:27] Pool 0 stale share detected, submitting as user requested
[19:19:27] Accepted 29ee1cd4 Diff 1.56K/512 GPU 1 at Pool 0
[19:21:17] Pool 0 stale share detected, submitting as user requested

Activity: 788
Merit: 505
Dear Poolwaffle,

Nice of the Hashrate per worker! Love it. Only thing is, you forgot to put "" around the hashrate in the new API.
Can't fetch the data now. Can you please put them back around the first Hash_rate too Wink.

Many many thx.

Greets,

Daltonganger

Looks like an oddity from how I was pulling the new worker stats.

hashrates across the board should now be integers (no quotes), as they should have been originally Smiley

One balance value is a float value (unconverted, no quotes, not a string), whereas the other two (sent, confirmed) are still string values. I would prefer them to be float values as the string values were being formatted ("1,xxx.xxxxxxxx") and it broke my API for the big dogs that have received that much. :-P

Sorry about that.  This is what I get for changing things =P

All 3 should be floats now Smiley  The original reason for formatting was just to lock to 8 digits (instead of float representation), but the format function I've got here is just for display (adds commas, etc).  They should all be float values now Smiley

What, not doubles? Wink
Activity: 44
Well, it finally happened. My daily payout is officially lower than my electricity costs (at $0.35 kWh). I understand the variance, the market slump, but ... I'll give it another week. If the trend continues this will be power-off for me. Pity, it's been a lot of fun.
Dear Poolwaffle,

Nice of the Hashrate per worker! Love it. Only thing is, you forgot to put "" around the hashrate in the new API.
Can't fetch the data now. Can you please put them back around the first Hash_rate too Wink.

Many many thx.

Greets,

Daltonganger

Looks like an oddity from how I was pulling the new worker stats.

hashrates across the board should now be integers (no quotes), as they should have been originally Smiley

One balance value is a float value (unconverted, no quotes, not a string), whereas the other two (sent, confirmed) are still string values. I would prefer them to be float values as the string values were being formatted ("1,xxx.xxxxxxxx") and it broke my API for the big dogs that have received that much. :-P

Sorry about that.  This is what I get for changing things =P

All 3 should be floats now Smiley  The original reason for formatting was just to lock to 8 digits (instead of float representation), but the format function I've got here is just for display (adds commas, etc).  They should all be float values now Smiley
Jump to: