Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 176. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Nonsense. Nobody else has the kind of stock newegg does. Also, if you are a premier member, it makes shipping and returns much easier to deal with. They used to be a pain, the premier thing really made things better. I've been buying lots of GPUs for months, nobody else ever has stock, or limits you to one card at a time.

Edit to add, just checked superbiiz and microcenter. Both have prices significantly above newegg.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I really doubt that gridseed miners are doing anything to the prices. They cost much more per KHs than GPUs, especially now that Newegg has lowered gpu prices again. I know people are still building mining rigs as fast as they can, I'm selling thousands of usb risers a week. It has slowed down some, but a lot of people are still getting started.

Don't buy anything from newegg, their service is TERRIBLE and their prices are absurd. If a card costs 500 on Newegg it will very likely be $50-100 cheaper from other online stores with better service - check superbiiz, microcenter, etc. I recently did a comparison for several key mining items and found newegg had the highest price of all the retailers I looked at for every single item I was checking.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I really doubt that gridseed miners are doing anything to the prices. They cost much more per KHs than GPUs, especially now that Newegg has lowered gpu prices again. I know people are still building mining rigs as fast as they can, I'm selling thousands of usb risers a week. It has slowed down some, but a lot of people are still getting started.

I agree on the gridseed miners - I watch this carefully, but at current capital costs, they are not more cost effective.   It is better to purchase cheaper GPUs and run them undervolted - I look at windows of 3-6 months of time for ROI.  Gridseeds may be 6+ months ROI, and that starts to get very risky with the current BTC and alt coin climate.
Activity: 129
Yep, I agree. $0.137/kw here. Not the best, but it's not horrible..
Yup - I'm at 0.077/kwh, so I'm pretty happy with that...  Hydroelectric power at its best!

DAMMMM That is way way good...

Im here in Portugal (the country where the citizens get "ass fucked without vaseline!").

Im paying (at special negotiated prices with ENDESA) - 0.160182 € per Kwh.
To this value add more 23% of tax...

Expensive...

So im very sensitive to the money prices... Even if the alt-coin was low, but the BTC was high... it could compensate...

LPC
Yup - I'm at 0.077/kwh, so I'm pretty happy with that...  Hydroelectric power at its best!
Activity: 18
I think this will be completely dependent on your price of power.  It can range from 5 cents to 40+ cents per kwh depending on where you are, and that can be enough to make GPUs profitable for many months to come, or not at all right now.

My personal goal is to get to 25% ROI, at which point I feel "safe". I feel from that point on, I can at least break-even on selling parts and what not, and all my rigs were just a fun hobby. Hard to say of course, since the market would be flooded with people selling off their gear, but we'll see just how much longer GPU mining can hold out for.

I think this will be completely dependent on your price of power.  It can range from 5 cents to 40+ cents per kwh depending on where you are, and that can be enough to make GPUs profitable for many months to come, or not at all right now.
Activity: 18
Altcoins are anything but independant of BTC. The recent slump is to be expected when BTC falls upon hard times in the public eye - less speculators with faith in BTC means even less speculators buying up cheap altcoins.  Scrypt ASICs from gridseed are also playing part, very likely.

If your power is expensive, scrypt mining with GPUs may soon be (or already be) unprofitable for you.  Such is reality.

My personal goal is to get to 25% ROI, at which point I feel "safe". I feel from that point on, I can at least break-even on selling parts and what not, and all my rigs were just a fun hobby. Hard to say of course, since the market would be flooded with people selling off their gear, but we'll see just how much longer GPU mining can hold out for.

I think a big step forward would be for multipool's to stop coin dumping and attempt more long-term profitability methods. What those are, I don't know, but we're killing coin values.

Don't worry about Gridseed's too much: Worry about 2nd generation when they start coming.
Altcoins are anything but independant of BTC. The recent slump is to be expected when BTC falls upon hard times in the public eye - less speculators with faith in BTC means even less speculators buying up cheap altcoins.  Scrypt ASICs from gridseed are also playing part, very likely.

If your power is expensive, scrypt mining with GPUs may soon be (or already be) unprofitable for you.  Such is reality.

The problem here is really the low value of the coins atm...
If we think that...

Alt-Coin -> BTC -> USD -> EUR, when it finally gets to my account fees and craps/currency conversions, eats away the money...

Like everyone else here, im trying to get some money on the side... i have invested some money but this whole situation its getting me nervous...
Will the coins recover their value? What the story with the Gridseed asic? There is something new? From what i saw last time, the chips where not that fast on scrypt... 5 for 330khash, 10 for 3 mhash... 7w for each usb... 70 total on 10 but way expensive...

Best Regards,

LPC
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What is going on with the Alt-Coins latelly?...

Im getting miserable payouts... Much lower then the 0.01 per Mhash i was getting a few weeks ago...

If we join the low value of the BTC atm, i think i will have to shut down part of my farm (maybe half), why are the coins so low?
I understand the MT GOX Fiasco and the low BTC price, but the alt-coin market should be independent right?

LPC

What you are seeing is a combination of factors, but alt-coins are not independent of BTC.  Shutting down your farm may be the right decision for you and will help other individuals who are able to keep their rigs operating at lower cost by decreasing the network hashrates.

Full disclosure, I am increasing my position in scrypt hashing at the moment.
What is going on with the Alt-Coins latelly?...

Im getting miserable payouts... Much lower then the 0.01 per Mhash i was getting a few weeks ago...

If we join the low value of the BTC atm, i think i will have to shut down part of my farm (maybe half), why are the coins so low?
I understand the MT GOX Fiasco and the low BTC price, but the alt-coin market should be independent right?

LPC
Activity: 560
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
are workernames working now?
They have always "worked". Just now, stats are actually shown.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5657095

What happend to being able to the blocks we found?
Disabled because the query for found blocks was very heavy on the database.  PoolWaffle plans to create a new table to store block finder data in a less resource stress-full way, at some point.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5663855
Merit: 252
are workernames working now?
Activity: 31

Essentially just a load issue.  I was running some profiling today (DB was getting slow), and about 98% of its load was coming from the block lookups (we don't save them separately, so looking them up was digging through the entire shares table), and with people scraping that page, was absolutely raping the db.  Getting rid of it today dropped load from ~4 on the DB to ~0.8 (huge!)

I'd love to add it back, just gotta come up with a nicer way to store it, and move the old stuff into the new system.

Two pages back.
Activity: 39
What happend to being able to the blocks we found?
Activity: 9
Slowly we are becoming worlds largest litecoin mining pool  Grin Grin

PW, i think the last payout is not displayed in the miners table...

Yeap, transaction 1b7fd9ba47c8f7ec3f69019e39d4617a8d66d560fe53b8bfdc636671f4f1353b is showing for some users in the recent payouts table but not for others. The 'total BTC sent' reflects the transaction happened and the BTC is in my account, but no mention of it in the payouts table.
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
For anyone interested in Litecoins

Get your double reward for mining Litecoins on GHash.IO!!!

Being the pool #1, GHash.IO has made a huge step towards scrypt mining and enabled Litecoin mining. But that’s not all!

To make things even better, we give you a chance to earn twice as much!

Connect your miners to our pool and get double rewards for mining Litecoins!

This unique offer starts tomorrow (13/03/2014) at 2 p.m. GMT and will last for 1 week.

Click on the GHash.io on the top right of the page next to support after you register to get started mining.

Thanks for the refferal! I have a small rig setup and any little bit really helps!

Register Here = https://cex.io/r/0/gelsicapital/0/

I would specifically NOT go to any pool who spams on another pool's announcement forum.  What a douche move...

The pool isn't spamming.. it's just that guy spamming with his referal code. Don't use his referal code.
Hope poolwaffle takes advantage of the double LTC rewards available there... would be a nice boost to income.
Jump to: