Pages:
Author

Topic: PoS coin with zero interest payout? - page 2. (Read 1289 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
September 24, 2016, 10:30:33 PM
a) fee only scheme : so you would need to ID and prove a TX >> get fee +have valid coins to stake

b) the sender and only the sender 'stakes' .... perhaps they post a 'bond' which can be claimed by witness if the TX is proven invalid ... any one sending coins in a 3 min target window would ride on the same block ... so perhaps a fee reward to the 1st sender incentive.

b) would be an interesting network ... likely very light weight ... only a couple 100 blocks per day.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003
September 24, 2016, 07:44:23 PM
POS coin every stake can reward
pos coin interest much people stake because can reward
so if pos coin with zero interest can't say pos coin, because every pos coin must can reward

i dont think you understand what I mean. I know how pos works. actually i am the one who created the first pure pos coin. but if you use blockchain for something else, you may want the blockchain is alive without active mining using pos mechanism, but you may not want additional coins being generated. Howver I am not sure with zero interest if there are other issues such as security, hence the question.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 24, 2016, 07:38:35 PM
POS coin every stake can reward
pos coin interest much people stake because can reward
so if pos coin with zero interest can't say pos coin, because every pos coin must can reward
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003
September 24, 2016, 05:45:28 PM
Sorry if this question is already answered before, I couldn't find the corresponding info.

PoW by bitcoin is used as a driving force for the blockchain like bitcoin, litecoin etc, so new blocks are being added regularly. Evidently, PoW is not the only way, since 2014, a bunch of "pure" PoS coins are created and in which there is no active mining happening, the blocks are being added to blockchain by the "interests" created. This is a good thing as if I use blockchain to do other things (say to track stock transactions eventually), I won't bother to have a bunch of miners to keep the blockchain alive.

But in some cases I found the "interests" are annoying, I don't want the number of coins increasing, nor do I want to mine the coin actively to keep it alive. Can I set the interest to zero and use the same PoS mechanism? Well for now it tells me that the minimum work not satisfied, but I think I can fix the code to make it going. My question is: do you see other issues (like security etc) for zero interest pos coin?
Pages:
Jump to: