Pages:
Author

Topic: PoS vs POW (Which one would you like?) - page 2. (Read 406 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 05, 2018, 08:17:46 AM
PoS is more energy consuming and is not the best option if we are talking about the limited resources that we have. That being said, PoW has more integrity compared to PoS, and for some reason, I value that more. Good thing though that technology is always evolving so there will come a time that we would create more powerful GPUs and mining will be more efficient.

You said POS more energy consuming but sorry i didn't get your point.How POw is more efficient over Pos?
Activity: 602
Merit: 134
July 03, 2018, 10:37:06 PM
i think POS (proof of stake)  is better than POW (Proof of Work) , the simple reason is POS no need to spend alot of power to run blockchain network.
July 03, 2018, 10:27:43 PM
I prefer PoS as it doesn't require a specialized hardware to stake your coins.
The only PoW coin that I like are CPU mineable coins - I'm currently mining Nimiq with a CPU since day one. Hopefully it will have good value in the future.

Yeah. but there are not many CPU mineable coins are available thhough.
Activity: 46
July 03, 2018, 05:30:59 AM
I prefere PoS because it's more eco-friendly.
PoW is where we started but we need to go forward.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
July 03, 2018, 05:21:02 AM
I prefer PoS as it doesn't require a specialized hardware to stake your coins.
The only PoW coin that I like are CPU mineable coins - I'm currently mining Nimiq with a CPU since day one. Hopefully it will have good value in the future.
Activity: 308
July 03, 2018, 05:08:42 AM
POS will be the best. POS is the future however not as the way conventional POS coins did it. POW is only a misuse of valuable vitality. Master nodes are a successful method to execute POS, a faster and viable approach to comprehend exchanges. Eth is using this pos. POS will reduce the problems of POW.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
July 02, 2018, 10:26:02 PM
PoS is more energy consuming and is not the best option if we are talking about the limited resources that we have. That being said, PoW has more integrity compared to PoS, and for some reason, I value that more. Good thing though that technology is always evolving so there will come a time that we would create more powerful GPUs and mining will be more efficient.
copper member
Activity: 139
July 02, 2018, 10:07:51 PM
HyperionX will be utilizing a hybrid between Proof of Stake and Proof of service. We will have our masternodes stake their token in order to verify transactions and create blocks. Our global list will be based on uptime. The longer a node has been on the list the greater the opportunity they will have of being asked to confirm a block. This will incentivize individuals stay online. To learn more visit HyperionX.org and check out our whitepaper.
July 02, 2018, 09:57:56 PM
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts regarding these systems.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
July 02, 2018, 05:59:57 AM
-Now, as a investor which one is your first choice and why?

-Which one is gonna be the winner in the long run?(I'm bullish on POS though).

as an investor i care about profit and profit doesn't come from being PoS or PoW or PoN (proof of nothing Cheesy). the profit comes from either one of the following:
1. a solid project that is actually a proper currency, is secure, is decentralized, has potential for long run, has limited and small supply,.... and a lot of other things. for this i can only choose bitcoin.

2. any project out there that can be pumped and dumped which is all the altcoins. it doesn't really matter at all whether it is a shitcoin or a good coin. a  PoS or PoW or a combination or something new. it doesn't matter how much supply it has, how centralized it is,.... the pumpers don't care about these things they just pump the shit out of that shitcoin. for this you just have to have a good timing for entering and exiting these coins.
Activity: 340
Merit: 100
July 02, 2018, 05:41:59 AM
I prefer the POS and I think it will become the best in the future because the hardware used in mining it is less expensive and has more vulnerability than the POW.
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
July 02, 2018, 05:27:05 AM
In term of money, I like POW as I have couple of miners.
In term of holding, I like POS, as we can do POS and get stakes.
So I like both type.
If I have to choose 1, I will choose, POS, its nothing like getting money from doing nothing.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
July 02, 2018, 05:20:56 AM
I choose PoS, because this system doesn't require large expenditures of electricity and equipment, it is more scalable and perfect. No wonder the leading blockchain projects choose PoS: Etherium, EOS, BitShares, Tezos.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
July 02, 2018, 04:43:38 AM
I actually like both pos and pow but at this time I don't think pow is the future for cryptocurrencies due to its disadvantages, pos is obviously better to me.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
July 02, 2018, 04:25:07 AM
I like proof of work more then proof of stake because it is not secure than pos. POS also has some vulnerabilities. But POW consumes huge amount of power which is it's only downside.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
July 02, 2018, 04:19:39 AM
Both have advantages and also disadvantages.
Proof of Work is more safe, but requires a lot of energy.
Proof of Stake is good for holders, but it is something new and we have to test it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
July 02, 2018, 04:17:46 AM
I prefer for sure POS because hardware used for mining POW is so expensive and cost a lot of electricity. I think development of POS is the future
July 02, 2018, 04:15:12 AM
I prefer the POS mechanism because it is more environmentally friendly.
The POW mechanism requires a large amount of power resources to excavate and may face 51% attacks.

The environment friendly is one of the most important point i guess, They're just using hell lot of a electricity
and producing a hell lot of heat which itself is a red flag.
July 02, 2018, 04:10:47 AM
This market now has both POS and POW based projects,and both of them have their own unique characteristics.

POS(Low energy consumption negligible to that of proof of work)
POW(Generation of blocks using computing power)

-Now, as a investor which one is your first choice and why?

-Which one is gonna be the winner in the long run?(I'm bullish on POS though).

I will choose POS because it's more conservative than POW and remember there is a lot of way to make it even more decentralized soon. Remember there will be inflation if you are seeing about so many miners are dumping it anytime. POS has fixed supply and that's really fair in my opinion.

I couldn't be more agreeable with what you've said.And i think when there are few pools are generating most of the coins by POW
it hurts the idea of decentralization,those few pools are (https://bitcoinchain.com/pools) controlling the market which very much seems
like a centralized structure to me.
July 02, 2018, 04:01:36 AM
PoS definitely for me, as I don't have the powerful workers like ASCI. Also it looks like PoS now attracts more and more research.

Yeah. I do like POS system as the hardware used for Pow mining is quite expensive.
I read that Ethereum devs are considering to start a POW & POS hybrid mechanism.

You might wanna read this article :

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-devs-publish-upgrade-proposal-to-move-network-away-from-mining-related-issues
Pages:
Jump to: