Pages:
Author

Topic: post - page 4. (Read 13616 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
September 06, 2012, 06:15:17 PM
In the event of a full pirate default, is CPA solvent? I know you had a ton of pirate insurance that was not in YARR, or NYAN.

In the event of a full pirate default, NYAN.C will loose out, and CPA holds NYAN which holds NYAN.C. Then we have contracts on the outside as well. All in all CPA will remain very solvent, it may lose 20% of it's value in a full default. But we stands just as ready to gain 20% if pirate doesn't default.

So play your cards Smiley Buy or sell, and only the future knows what will happen Smiley

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding something here  (I don't really know what launching all zigs means...), but how does the above quote relate to the quote below (your reply to techshare regarding the dispute over payments for logo work)?
For the record, the quote below is from august 18th, five days before the above quote, and the bolds are both by me.

Hi!

Unfortunately Pirate's BTCS&T just blew up. As an insurance company we're launching all zigs. I have to stop this. I am not going to be able to use any of the designs, and we might go under.

Sorry o_o it was a bad time for us to get into the insurance business, right before pirate collapsed :>

I might have said something like that, but you're going to have to quote me, as I didn't say anything like that in this thread. I'm not denying I said it, but I think you should provide more context. Was I talking about CPA? Was I talking about BMF? YARR? NYAN? Something else? I probably wasn't talking about CPA. That didn't appear in this thread so...

The thread in question is locked so I don't know how to properly quote.
However, the quote is from this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/payment-not-delivered-work-rendered-for-usagi-payment-made-by-matthew-n-102798

It is under number (7), at the end of Techshare's opening post.

Since you were talking about an insurance company I assume it was CPA.

Oh I was just trying not to be an asshole to TECSHARE since his art was shit and he was moving away from the guidance I gave him and not following the direction I wanted to take. He kept saying that he couldn't do what I wanted and that what I wanted was boring, so I just fired him. I was trying to be nice about it too. Sheesh, some people.

So now you feel it necessary to slander me further? You made a mistake and this all could have been avoided by simply admitting it rather than attempting to intimidate and slander me into submission.

In case anyone is wondering if you can trust anything out of USAGI's mouth here is a direct quote after he reviewed my work:

..."So once again, the top center image and bottom center image are my two favorites and I would like to move forward with those. This is my first purchase of a logo so I'm unsure of what to do next. I originally had the idea that you would design a banner add as well (like the https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.472116]two for IBB or for bitcointrading). Almost anything would be good because there are no really good advertisements around here IMO. So I just need to get something out pretty quickly, although you can take your time (lol) if you like.

Ok so let's see. I assume you will want 15 bitcoins for all this. I like those logos so I can pay half (7.5) bitcoins right now for those logos? And then we can move forward on the banner add? Or what is your suggestion.. thanks"

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/payment-not-delivered-work-rendered-for-usagi-payment-made-by-matthew-n-102798

It is quite obvious based on his statements posted on the above link he canceled the agreement because of his failing company. You reap what you sew buddy, and I wouldn't be here if you had stopped your slander.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 03, 2012, 03:31:38 AM
Please update those spreadsheets often, these are troubled times, correct information is vital!

Seems you didn't take my advice too seriously. http://www.tsukino.ca/cpa/accounts/ still has not a "september" spreadsheet, while the august one has modified the NAV, losing more than 40% (at worst 25%, were you saying?  Angry ), while still showing "last updated: 1 august".

NYAN has an eccellent transparency and communication, I was hoping it would be the same here, was I mistaken?
August 27, 2012, 04:56:52 AM
In the event of a full pirate default, is CPA solvent? I know you had a ton of pirate insurance that was not in YARR, or NYAN.

In the event of a full pirate default, NYAN.C will loose out, and CPA holds NYAN which holds NYAN.C. Then we have contracts on the outside as well. All in all CPA will remain very solvent, it may lose 20% of it's value in a full default. But we stands just as ready to gain 20% if pirate doesn't default.

So play your cards Smiley Buy or sell, and only the future knows what will happen Smiley

Ok, 20%; in fact your contract states that no more than 25% of exposure should go to a single sector. Could you then explain me this?
http://www.tsukino.ca/cpa/accounts/

Type:                Pirate Account   
BTC exposure: 1,280   
Percentage:     47.76%

either I can't read this figures, or CPA will go down to about 0.5 per share in the event of a complete default.

I haven't updated that section of the spreadsheet in a while. We've signed quite a few deals, that contract is less than 15% of our total assets, our total exposure to pirate is about 20-25% as stated.

Thanks! Now I can buy  Smiley
Please update those spreadsheets often, these are troubled times, correct information is vital!
August 26, 2012, 06:57:35 AM

Ok, 20%; in fact your contract states that no more than 25% of exposure should go to a single sector. Could you then explain me this?
http://www.tsukino.ca/cpa/accounts/

Type:                Pirate Account   
BTC exposure: 1,280   
Percentage:     47.76%

either I can't read this figures, or CPA will go down to about 0.5 per share in the event of a complete default.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
August 25, 2012, 06:25:18 AM

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding something here  (I don't really know what launching all zigs means...), but how does the above quote relate to the quote below (your reply to techshare regarding the dispute over payments for logo work)?
For the record, the quote below is from august 18th, five days before the above quote, and the bolds are both by me.

Hi!

Unfortunately Pirate's BTCS&T just blew up. As an insurance company we're launching all zigs. I have to stop this. I am not going to be able to use any of the designs, and we might go under.

Sorry o_o it was a bad time for us to get into the insurance business, right before pirate collapsed :>

I might have said something like that, but you're going to have to quote me, as I didn't say anything like that in this thread. I'm not denying I said it, but I think you should provide more context. Was I talking about CPA? Was I talking about BMF? YARR? NYAN? Something else? I probably wasn't talking about CPA. That didn't appear in this thread so...

The thread in question is locked so I don't know how to properly quote.
However, the quote is from this thread:

It is under number (7), at the end of Techshare's opening post.

Since you were talking about an insurance company I assume it was CPA.

Activity: 382
Merit: 253
August 24, 2012, 06:10:01 PM
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding something here  (I don't really know what launching all zigs means...),

I can't answer the questions about CPA and insurance, but I can inform http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/all-your-base-are-belong-to-us
Activity: 134
August 24, 2012, 05:00:48 PM

Hi!

Activity: 126
August 22, 2012, 11:34:55 PM
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 08, 2012, 06:44:40 PM

I trust Patrick to verify you are legit and hope he takes the offer.

One way you can prove you actually have the assets backing your claims is to regularly move coins around after pre announcing the addresses you move it to.

Only just stumbled on this while looking for something else - will pm usagi.
Activity: 504
July 03, 2012, 03:31:41 AM
As a potential investor in CPA I am not comfortable with insuring individual 'hacking' cases as they would be near impossible to prove. Maybe require that there was some known breach of security that lead to multiple, verifiable instances. very unlikely, which is fine. ;p

or Make the premiums for unverifiable hacking insurance such that;
A.The premium is 10% of insured value per period and insured is only qualified for n% of payout per x amount of premium periods up until incident.
Activity: 532
July 02, 2012, 09:46:34 PM
<<>>
Please disclose the claims paying ability of CPA such as a basic three line balance sheet (assets, liability, spare liquid assets).  Without this information, the 100% insurance is only as good as the backer, and I'm not interested in taking "someone's word" on this.  An investor now has to rely on YARR, CPA and BS&T all doing their best to meet obligations.

As a counter example, Starfish BCB backs deposits (approx 9000BTC worth) with assets of approx 29,000 coins.

This financial information is available and quite a number of people have access to it, but it must remain confidential and NOT public due to our customer's requests. Some of them have requested anonymity. As it is possible to discern the identity of our clients with access to the info, and as some of that info is simply private, we will not be releasing that information any time soon to people who have not invested money with us (as they would have an incentive to protect the customer's information).  That being said I am working on a series of spreadsheets that will be released soon, to the public, which should help.

Until then you will have better luck getting Pirate to expose his books. Unfortunately that is simply the nature of this game, and I sincerely apologize if you do not trust me and prefer to invest directly with Pirate.

Anyway, if you're interested in becoming an insider, that could be arranged. You would have full access to company info then, and a round table-style discussion list where we discuss company policy. There are 4 or 5 members besides myself. I have to admit we would love someone with your experience to come on board.

CPA's e-mail is [email protected] -- that is probably your best bet for information on CPA. I guess you are under the impression this is me alone doing this. That is true, in the sense that we haven't hammered out a corporate structure yet. Maybe this is something you could assist us with if you were to join us.

One way you can prove you actually have the assets backing your claims is to regularly move coins around after pre announcing the addresses you move it to.

Is CPA not going to use the float to generate more revenue?
Activity: 686
Wat
July 02, 2012, 09:43:55 PM
<<>>
Please disclose the claims paying ability of CPA such as a basic three line balance sheet (assets, liability, spare liquid assets).  Without this information, the 100% insurance is only as good as the backer, and I'm not interested in taking "someone's word" on this.  An investor now has to rely on YARR, CPA and BS&T all doing their best to meet obligations.

As a counter example, Starfish BCB backs deposits (approx 9000BTC worth) with assets of approx 29,000 coins.

This financial information is available and quite a number of people have access to it, but it must remain confidential and NOT public due to our customer's requests. Some of them have requested anonymity. As it is possible to discern the identity of our clients with access to the info, and as some of that info is simply private, we will not be releasing that information any time soon to people who have not invested money with us (as they would have an incentive to protect the customer's information).  That being said I am working on a series of spreadsheets that will be released soon, to the public, which should help.

Until then you will have better luck getting Pirate to expose his books. Unfortunately that is simply the nature of this game, and I sincerely apologize if you do not trust me and prefer to invest directly with Pirate.

Anyway, if you're interested in becoming an insider, that could be arranged. You would have full access to company info then, and a round table-style discussion list where we discuss company policy. There are 4 or 5 members besides myself. I have to admit we would love someone with your experience to come on board.

CPA's e-mail is [email protected] -- that is probably your best bet for information on CPA. I guess you are under the impression this is me alone doing this. That is true, in the sense that we haven't hammered out a corporate structure yet. Maybe this is something you could assist us with if you were to join us.

donator
Activity: 224
July 02, 2012, 03:55:16 PM
watching
Wat
July 02, 2012, 07:10:52 AM
Bought all the shares that were priced under 0.1 Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
July 02, 2012, 04:23:57 AM
Very good dividend, I'm glad I invested here.
Wat
July 02, 2012, 01:05:44 AM
Recieved 1st Div's and very happy Smiley

+1
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
July 02, 2012, 12:37:50 AM
Recieved 1st Div's and very happy Smiley
Wat
June 30, 2012, 06:59:50 AM
Ive been building up shares in companies that pay dividends so I can reinvest the recurring income. Now it starts paying divs I will adjust my portfolio Smiley
Wat
June 29, 2012, 10:36:03 PM
The dividends will help with raising more funds. What sort of yield do you think it will come out too ?

Wat
June 22, 2012, 09:10:38 PM
+1 on not being a bloodsucking conglomerate lol.

Thanks.

Its really just a thought experiment on possibilities. Its a pity I didnt have house and contents this way as we just had an earthquake and have to make a claim  Shocked
You might want to peg the bitcoin value  to the AUD value because it might be worth a lot more or less in a year.  So the amount to pay out and the premium each week/day would move up and down as the exchange rate varied. If 100btc was worth 80 000 in a year and my car is still only worth 20 000AUD it introduces moral hazard Smiley 

Well, most insurance policies will just pay you for the damages. If you incur 70 bitcoins of damage, we aren't going to pay out the entire claim ;-)

No moral hazard there.

Yes thats a good point. As a matter of fact i am dealing with insurance companies right now after we had the recent earthquake. Its been relatively painless so far. All the tiles have moved on the roof so it might be worth less to replace the house than to restump,replaster and re-roof the damn thing.
Pages:
Jump to: