Pages:
Author

Topic: Post Reporting Being Used As A Form Of Censorship - page 5. (Read 1558 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
~

Sorry, you're absolutely right 100%, all the time. Carry on.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
All of the above. Ah I see! That is the problem, because I said it more than once! Why would I need to do that? Oh right, because you attempted to dispute these claims and I was demonstrating why it was the case.

You can still "demonstrate" it in a more appropriate thread without any risk of it being removed.

Funny how its wrong of me "to get the last word" but when the last word is one you agree with, well then, there is no problem there right?

No, regardless of which side of debate you happen to be on I think it's naive and hypocritical to expect that your opponent's post would get removed while your equally off topic reply would stay. Don't respond to off topic posts if you don't want your responses to be deemed off topic - that's not really rocket surgery, is it? I made that mistake with figment's and Timelord's posts but I'm not gonna start a butthurt thread if my posts get shitcanned. Off topic is off topic even if I agree with my own posts very much.

Convenient you declare my on topic criticism of the behavior of you and your friends should be held elsewhere away from where people would see it in the relevant topic isn't it? I don't expect that at all, as I have already stated, but you feel free to create straw man statements as much as you like and attribute them to me.
legendary
All of the above. Ah I see! That is the problem, because I said it more than once! Why would I need to do that? Oh right, because you attempted to dispute these claims and I was demonstrating why it was the case.

You can still "demonstrate" it in a more appropriate thread without any risk of it being removed.

Funny how its wrong of me "to get the last word" but when the last word is one you agree with, well then, there is no problem there right?

No, regardless of which side of debate you happen to be on I think it's naive and hypocritical to expect that your opponent's post would get removed while your equally off topic reply would stay. Don't respond to off topic posts if you don't want your responses to be deemed off topic - that's not really rocket surgery, is it? I made that mistake with figment's and Timelord's posts but I'm not gonna start a butthurt thread if my posts get shitcanned. Off topic is off topic even if I agree with my own posts very much.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Just because I am critical of the pushing of useless drama and mobbing behavior you partake in, serving zero purpose other than self serving vendettas, doesn't make my posts "derailing" just because you disagree with it.

Is the thread about "useless drama" or "mobbing behavior" or "self serving vendettas"? I mean you're entitled to your opinion, and perhaps it's appropriate to state it once or twice in a thread you're unhappy about, but when it last for pages then it's definitely a derailment.

Marloroza's post that I replied to and reported still stands, my defense against it of course was removed.

That's another clue. Don't perpetuate off-topic derailments by replying to them, report and move on. It seems like you want to have the last word and at the same time to get the opposing point of view removed.

All of the above. Ah I see! That is the problem, because I said it more than once! Why would I need to do that? Oh right, because you attempted to dispute these claims and I was demonstrating why it was the case. Knowing the mods have been almost totally non-responsive to my reports of off topic posts, I don't have much alternative other than just letting people like you and marlboroza just flat out make shit up about me without a response. I would have even been totally satisfied if both posts were removed as at least that would be uniform enforcement of the rules. I would love to just ignore the posts and report them, but mysteriously all of these types of off topic posts I report go unhanded perpetually and almost universally. Funny how its wrong of me "to get the last word" but when the last word is one you agree with, well then, there is no problem there right?
legendary
Just because I am critical of the pushing of useless drama and mobbing behavior you partake in, serving zero purpose other than self serving vendettas, doesn't make my posts "derailing" just because you disagree with it.

Is the thread about "useless drama" or "mobbing behavior" or "self serving vendettas"? I mean you're entitled to your opinion, and perhaps it's appropriate to state it once or twice in a thread you're unhappy about, but when it last for pages then it's definitely a derailment.

Marloroza's post that I replied to and reported still stands, my defense against it of course was removed.

That's another clue. Don't perpetuate off-topic derailments by replying to them, report and move on. It seems like you want to have the last word and at the same time to get the opposing point of view removed.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Pretty much the only posts I report that are handled consist of spam, or posts in the wrong section.

That's a clue right there. Don't waste time reporting posts just because you don't like them.

You derailed the second half of that thread and you got 1 post removed. Such tragedy. BTW marlboroza's reply to your post was also removed so you're even.

I am not reporting posts because "I don't like them", I am reporting them for being off topic. If they were bad reports they would be marked as bad, not just left "unhandled" perpetually. Just because I am critical of the pushing of useless drama and mobbing behavior you partake in, serving zero purpose other than self serving vendettas, doesn't make my posts "derailing" just because you disagree with it. Marloroza's post that I replied to and reported still stands, my defense against it of course was removed.
legendary
Pretty much the only posts I report that are handled consist of spam, or posts in the wrong section.

That's a clue right there. Don't waste time reporting posts just because you don't like them.

You derailed the second half of that thread and you got 1 post removed. Such tragedy. BTW marlboroza's reply to your post was also removed so you're even.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Regardless of the intent of this action, it serves as yet another example of the mobbing type behavior I am talking about in this post. I reported the post that I am responding to, as it is clearly off topic and designed as a form of distraction from the criticism, and retribution for being critical of the people pushing the accusations in the thread, as is a common response from these individuals when anyone is critical of them or their friends. In an effort to silence my criticism, they spam reports hoping something will stick.

Mysteriously this post I responded to and reported is "unhandled", but my reply calling it out for more of the same of what the OP is, needed to be removed for some reason, A.S.A.P. This is a common occurrence as any of these types of posts I report almost universally go unhandled. Pretty much the only posts I report that are handled consist of spam, or posts in the wrong section.

Love how the accusers are all of a sudden pretending to be the voices of reason so they can project their own behavior on to everyone calling them out. This is of course as they have their proxies attack via trust ratings and spamming false accusations in other threads. How long is everyone going to put up with this kind of behavior?

Again, this is the kind of thing that demonstrates to me that reports are selectively enforced.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=156113

And who that "well known member" will be?

@TECHARE all your other "opinions" are very well documented here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53534115.

Thanks for demonstrating how the mob handles criticism... with more mobbing.
Pages:
Jump to: