Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 210. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Should lower the rate of inflation of potcoin down to 1 ~ 5 million coins a year until demand catches up with supply.
If you let supply out-pace demand for too long, you will start to crush any prospects for future demand.
coin needs to come up for air, too many asics and multi-pools.
Still good coin in the long term, very few coins have this much work/dedication put into them, shame to let it sink because people are afraid to tweak some numbers.

I didn't even realize there was a demand for the supply, with the vanishing buy orders on all exchanges and everything. Wouldn't demand mean you have merchants on the ground?

Plus, my question to potcoin relates to creating demand.

It is going to be a long a difficult road to create demand.
In the long-run it might come to exist.

The primary reason people would buy potcoin right now is, the assumption that in the future, when people can go to their local deli and buy weed (post legalization) that potcoin/bitcoin will become a popular method of anonymous payment.

Even big-time medical payment companies stock prices are in the pennies atm (companies that handle payments for dispensaries and such with normal debit/credit systems).
Potcoins price is low for a few reasons
1) Demand is low for medical marijuana , the majority of people pretty much source all their weed illegally and pay cash.
2) The "legal" market is very small and needs time to grow, think of it like bacteria in a petri dish, the seeds have been planted, but the bacteria needs time to grow (years maybe decades even).
3) There is very little incentive to use pot-coin OVER bitcoin.
4) The rate of inflation is soo high , that there is no logical reason to hoard the coins, just yet, unless you believe that when the marijuana industry is HUGE and built into the culture of society, that people will use potcoin and gift potcoin to eachother as a way of promoting and supporting marijuana.
5) People have this instant gratification complex, they want to throw 100$ at a crypto-currency and watch it grow to 1000 in a week, such expectations are unreasonable, and when the coin drops a few % points instead of skyrocketing people line up to dump out of fear.

Best thing you can do is try and shield people from inflation till demand catches up with supply, maybe cap the coins to 420,000 coins a year or something.

That being said, there is no reason to go and buy / mine any other alt-coin, since the majority of them are based on pictures of fluffy animals, best investments you can make if you are hell-bent on investing in crypto is to pick the niche coins that might actually have use one day  namely   bitcoin litecoin dogecoin potcoin ultracoin etc are my personal favorites (although I have somewhat lost all interest in Litecoin).
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Should lower the rate of inflation of potcoin down to 1 ~ 5 million coins a year until demand catches up with supply.
If you let supply out-pace demand for too long, you will start to crush any prospects for future demand.
Still good coin in the long term, very few coins have this much work/dedication put into them, shame to let it sink because people are afraid to tweak some numbers.

I didn't even realize there was a demand for the supply, with the vanishing buy orders on all exchanges and everything. Wouldn't demand mean you have merchants on the ground?

Plus, my question to potcoin relates to creating demand.

Potcoin launches new official blog

We now have a central place for all news and information, everything will now be posted on our official website.

http://potcoin.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=87&Itemid=480

Could you address my question on the previous page near the bottom?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
Potcoin launches new official blog

We now have a central place for all news and information, everything will now be posted on our official website.

http://potcoin.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=87&Itemid=480
Activity: 767
Please finish this sentence:  Potcoin is _________

Potcoin is a work in progress.

I think the next "big" thing they should work on is a multipool of some sorts. Either that, or pay someone to make a multipool for them. NRS just finished their pool and the way they were talking about it, i am under the impression they hired a team of devs to make the pool or something. Maybe see if they could make one for Potcoin. It helps to apply consistent buy pressures on pot and might be able to drive the price up a little.

I say that, and am thinking, I don't really care about the price. No one gave two shits when btc was 12 bucks a coin..

That being said, it is nice to be able to create demand for a coin by having something continually buying it up. It would be a nice way to smooth out the halving, applying pressure on the buy end of things while reducing the reward.

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a bunch of wraps and rolling papers and just reselling them for potcoins. Only really have two concerns for this, the first being i don't know how i can make it so i break even, forget even being profitable. By the time i buy these things and get them, to turn around and resell them and have to then pay shipping. I am not a wholesaler and i don't own a tobbacco shop so i dunno how i could get them cheap enough to make it so i am not losing money. The store aspect of it as well. I don't have a website or ecommerce thing going. I usually use amazon, ebay, or etsy if i am looking to sell something through the web. That and trying to make it so people actually know the site exists. The spreading the word is grunt work and i have no issues posting links and such.

What type of demand is there for such a thing? Would anyone even bother to use it? I am trying to think of things i can do to help add some utility to the coin. Things that are feasible for someone with a life(some what) and not tons of free time. I know i would use it, but that is because i have a ton of potcoins and wouldn't mind spending them on something i can and would actually use. Colorado is too far of a day trip from PA imho. Although just thinking about what i could get for my Potcoins, even with the price as low as it is, still makes it seem pretty worth it to me, so i dunno  Roll Eyes

Any news on how the ATM set-up went? I believe it was supposed to happen today.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
Please finish this sentence:  Potcoin is _________
PotCoin, is there a business plan brochure / overview / "point of sale" package, which you have put together? I presume you'd have this since it's part of your job, and you kindof need them if you're trying to get accepted in stores.

If you could provide it to the community, it would probably help spread the word and educate storefronts.

I'm sure I don't have to explain to you what this is, and you already have them ready.
Activity: 182
Did we ever get any kind of a straightforward response to the questions about proof of the supposed investments in this coin?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
see i told you to stay on page 1.

you have no idea who looks at these threads, millionaires, people with money, people who know how to make a dollar out of 15 cents(2pac)

you missed the boat. i like potcoin but have moved on.

good luck

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Always going to be haters and non believers...

Just need to stop listening to all the negative people.

We are trying to do something that has never been done before and know body said it would be easy.

Our focus is now adoption adoption adoption.

So no more flaming please and let's get people all over world accepting Potcoin.  We can help change the cannabis industry and the world by supporting it.  

Listen, Potcoin... I love the idea of Potcoin.  I love the niche that you're trying to fill in an industry that is growing exponentially.  However... I'm not hating on Potcoin because it's fun.  I'm upset about some of the things that have come to light lately.

The 4/20 video was pretty upsetting(as pointed out by the Reddit poster).  If I was a vendor at that event and you came up to me looking like you looked in the video, and you were baked, I wouldn't want to do business with you.  If we're doing business, I want you sober and professional looking.  I don't care that you smoke... just don't do it when business is on the table.

You're trying to grow a business, not a crop.  The mention of making Potcoin as difficult to mine as it is to grow a crop is silly.  One coin to one gram is silly.  Even at $10 a gram, if you shot for that, you'd be looking at a $4.2B market cap, and I would be a millionaire on POT.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be a millionaire.  But if that was the goal, it should have been the goal from the start.  Do you think the whales holding the bag on POT aren't going to insta-dump at even $1?  It's too late now to try to make it something 1:1.  Work with what you have.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

The Snoop video was so over hyped and ended up being pointless.  You basically paid for some Snoop merchandise and signatures.  I can't sell the idea of Potcoin to my friends by telling them "yeah, well Potcoin gave out a Snoop CD".  I understand the legal stuff, but again, it was disappointing.

The coin halving idea was a mess, and still is.  Where is the community poll?  Is that on the radar still?

Why is bitcointalk the secondary means of communicating info?  I'm tired of having to go to the armpit of the internet, Reddit, for Potcoin news.  It almost feels like a slap in the face every time you post there and then "announce" news here with a link to Reddit.  At least cross post the same info so it doesn't feel like an after-thought.

Just my 2 cents.

Again, I like POT, and I want it to succeed.  I'm going to be blatantly honest and critical because of that.  I'm sorry if that offends anyone.

-Fuse

I agree with everything you are saying. Now...

POTCOIN FIX YOUR WEB WALLET!
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
Whether it was to me or him, I wanted to put that out there anyway.  I have been very critical of Potcoin in the last week or so, and I wanted to state my position.

There will be haters.  That's inevitable.  It's what you do to shut them up that will be your make or break moment.

-Fuse

That is exactly correct. I complain not because i want Potcoin to fail, quite the opposite. If i didn't care i wouldn't say anything, like i do with so many of the other coins i just hold and hope to dump for something more than what it cost to get them. I like Potcoin but there are a few things about it that i am not so crazy about. I am not the dev and i am not in control of it, so i figure the best we can do is voice our perspectives and hope that the dev finds some solid middle ground among all the different view points out there.

I like the coin, if i perceive there to be a weakness i would rather attempt to strengthen it than allow those who don't like the coin to pick away at the weak points. 

thanks sir smokes --  we all have fault and weakness and its great to get feedback and HELP to make sure we keep growing in the right direction.

we will be doing more and more surveys about the direction of potcoin so that the community can help give us direction.

You guys want direction?

Seriously guys, people are dropping out and all you guys have to do is back up all the talk and promises with some proof.  That would do a lot for morale!

I'm still watching POT but I'm still too skeptical to buy and the price say lots of people are feeling the same way.

Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Come get your POT!

We now have worker stats so you can see your own shares and speeds.

http://www.hasher.ca

2% fee PROP reward system
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your POT wallet address OR your generated Public Key
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3544

POT go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your POT!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!
Whether it was to me or him, I wanted to put that out there anyway.  I have been very critical of Potcoin in the last week or so, and I wanted to state my position.

There will be haters.  That's inevitable.  It's what you do to shut them up that will be your make or break moment.

-Fuse

That is exactly correct. I complain not because i want Potcoin to fail, quite the opposite. If i didn't care i wouldn't say anything, like i do with so many of the other coins i just hold and hope to dump for something more than what it cost to get them. I like Potcoin but there are a few things about it that i am not so crazy about. I am not the dev and i am not in control of it, so i figure the best we can do is voice our perspectives and hope that the dev finds some solid middle ground among all the different view points out there.

I like the coin, if i perceive there to be a weakness i would rather attempt to strengthen it than allow those who don't like the coin to pick away at the weak points. 

thanks sir smokes --  we all have fault and weakness and its great to get feedback and HELP to make sure we keep growing in the right direction.

we will be doing more and more surveys about the direction of potcoin so that the community can help give us direction.
Activity: 767

-Fuse

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
NEW POOL NOMP

https://i.imgur.com/xSZSzVh.png
Potcoin POOL Mineoncloud! NO REGISTER Mining on DIRECT ADDRESS !! 1 % FEES
Jump to: