Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 211. (Read 920105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
Whether it was to me or him, I wanted to put that out there anyway.  I have been very critical of Potcoin in the last week or so, and I wanted to state my position.

There will be haters.  That's inevitable.  It's what you do to shut them up that will be your make or break moment.

-Fuse
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
i was talking about dope coin.. not you man
legendary
HODL for life.
Always going to be haters and non believers...

Just need to stop listening to all the negative people.

We are trying to do something that has never been done before and know body said it would be easy.

Our focus is now adoption adoption adoption.

So no more flaming please and let's get people all over world accepting Potcoin.  We can help change the cannabis industry and the world by supporting it.  

Listen, Potcoin... I love the idea of Potcoin.  I love the niche that you're trying to fill in an industry that is growing exponentially.  However... I'm not hating on Potcoin because it's fun.  I'm upset about some of the things that have come to light lately.

The 4/20 video was pretty upsetting(as pointed out by the Reddit poster).  If I was a vendor at that event and you came up to me looking like you looked in the video, and you were baked, I wouldn't want to do business with you.  If we're doing business, I want you sober and professional looking.  I don't care that you smoke... just don't do it when business is on the table.

You're trying to grow a business, not a crop.  The mention of making Potcoin as difficult to mine as it is to grow a crop is silly.  One coin to one gram is silly.  Even at $10 a gram, if you shot for that, you'd be looking at a $4.2B market cap, and I would be a millionaire on POT.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be a millionaire.  But if that was the goal, it should have been the goal from the start.  Do you think the whales holding the bag on POT aren't going to insta-dump at even $1?  It's too late now to try to make it something 1:1.  Work with what you have.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

The Snoop video was so over hyped and ended up being pointless.  You basically paid for some Snoop merchandise and signatures.  I can't sell the idea of Potcoin to my friends by telling them "yeah, well Potcoin gave out a Snoop CD".  I understand the legal stuff, but again, it was disappointing.

The coin halving idea was a mess, and still is.  Where is the community poll?  Is that on the radar still?

Why is bitcointalk the secondary means of communicating info?  I'm tired of having to go to the armpit of the internet, Reddit, for Potcoin news.  It almost feels like a slap in the face every time you post there and then "announce" news here with a link to Reddit.  At least cross post the same info so it doesn't feel like an after-thought.

Just my 2 cents.

Again, I like POT, and I want it to succeed.  I'm going to be blatantly honest and critical because of that.  I'm sorry if that offends anyone.

-Fuse
Always going to be haters and non believers...

Just need to stop listening to all the negative people.

We are trying to do something that has never been done before and know body said it would be easy.

Our focus is now adoption adoption adoption.

So no more flaming please and let's get people all over world accepting Potcoin.  We can help change the cannabis industry and the world by supporting it.   
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Also, i am a little behind the times but i just saw a post on twitter from the 10th about a new wallet and such being released monday. I don't see any posts about a new wallet or the delay of said wallet on the same twitter. 

Seriously?

Community is falling apart?
http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/25w74t/im_out/

Welcome to coin insecurity Dopecoin.

PotCoin is here to help the cannabis industry, it's legalization, and most importantly medication for those in need. We are here to stay.

- Nil
legendary
HODL for life.
Activity: 36
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Also, i am a little behind the times but i just saw a post on twitter from the 10th about a new wallet and such being released monday. I don't see any posts about a new wallet or the delay of said wallet on the same twitter. 

Seriously?

Community isn't falling apart. Just because you see one person crying because they didn't make profit and dumping their coins doesn't mean the community is falling apart.

The community is still very active and alive. Every day I see people from the PotCoin community spend their own time and money to help the community out. This is just the beginning.

Stop spreading FUD
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
The Dude Of DopeCoin

Seriously?

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Seriously?
That's a lot of hype over the months for this video for something that ended up being a shout out to you personally.

Oh well.  At least someone will get a new pair of house slippers.

we are giving away all the snoop prizes to members of the community who have helped out the most.

the slipper are size 6 maybe so .. need to find someone that fits...

and as for the shoutout it was legal crap as you can see in the email i got from prizeo...

got 3 signed things, im sure thats worth a good amount for people who donate..

Why not a Potcoin auction for the items and then donate the proceeds back to Snoop? More prizes, more auctions, etc etc.

That idea is a good one! I hope they do something like that, makes the best of the situation.

It's a win-win all around. Supporters won't get pissed that Smokemon is keeping the loot. There are a lot of Snoop fans not in crypto's that would love a chance at having something autographed by him. I can't think of a better way of promoting the coin, if the dev doesn't do something like this I'm going to start wondering where his motivation lies.

Well he did ask the reddit community for people they think are deserving of the prizes, personally, i am not too keen on this idea. It leads to hurt feelings, and while some members have made considerable contributions which are of a measurable metric, others contributions aren't nearly as easy to measure.

I think listing the items on the site, potcoin.info, for a week and taking bids on them with Potcoins is the best idea. Those Potcoins could then be put to use as promo coins for dispensaries or something. It is the way the world works, you need to have funds to be able to do things. Greasing the gears is necessary when there are already plenty of other options, have to make it enticing.

Donating the proceeds to charity would be fine and well but i do think the coins could be better utilized to further the cause. The coins could be used for potential bounties and what not, there are a limitless amount of possible uses.

But i might be delusional or something, who knows!
Activity: 9
Activity: 16
Update on river rock

Our Colorado Ambassador Russel thomas is going to be meeting john the ceo on tuesday at the dispensary to discuss where the ATM will go and how we will secure it - we will also be placing our big pop potcoin banners next to the atm.

We hope to have the first ATM at the main river rock location by the end of next week, we will should no tho by Wednesday.

We are very excited about this and we will be doing A formal press release in conjunction with river rock medical and combine forces to do a good social media push together.

We have been also getting lots of people filling out of merchant on the website and we look forward to getting them accepting potcoins and getting them listed on smokepotcoins and potcoinme

So what happened with the meeting this week with River Rock.  Russell Thomas the Denver Ambassador has he even been it talks with them this week?  Are there more delays due to the attacks?  It's seems like this thing with River Rock will never happen.

The PotCoin ATM's are scheduled to be delivered to both Riverrock locations Tuesday, May 20th, and available to the public on Wednesday. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on ways to simplify transactions and provide a positive experience using cryptocurrencies for the consumer and the merchant. This will be the first deployment of ATM's and we are very excited to introduce PotCoin to the Colorado market. This is the first of many advancements planned for PotCoin as we aim to help the industry by providing alternate means of monetary exchange in lieu of traditional banking and in support of legalized cannabis for medical and recreational use.

- Russ.T
Activity: 524
That's a lot of hype over the months for this video for something that ended up being a shout out to you personally.

Oh well.  At least someone will get a new pair of house slippers.

we are giving away all the snoop prizes to members of the community who have helped out the most.

and as for the shoutout it was legal crap as you can see in the email i got from prizeo...

Why not a Potcoin auction for the items and then donate the proceeds back to Snoop? More prizes, more auctions, etc etc.

That idea is a good one! I hope they do something like that, makes the best of the situation.

It's a win-win all around. Supporters won't get pissed that Smokemon is keeping the loot. There are a lot of Snoop fans not in crypto's that would love a chance at having something autographed by him. I can't think of a better way of promoting the coin, if the dev doesn't do something like this I'm going to start wondering where his motivation lies.

Oh well.  At least someone will get a new pair of house slippers.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

For consistent returns, come mine with an OG potcoinpool. We still host the potcoin paper wallet, because our senior dev made it for the community. Don't mess up the rotation, join us for a great sesh.
Activity: 524

legendary
HODL for life.

Jump to: