Pages:
Author

Topic: [PPC] Peercoin - Indicium Logo & PeerAssets Diagram Released - page 10. (Read 50012 times)

Activity: 321
Merit: 250
How Sunny King perceives Nu ("...the first major DAC project in peercoin ecosystem..."):

Have a look here:
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3440.msg33283#msg33283

or here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9032957
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Nushares is a very interesting compliment to Peercoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Here is an excellent post on how NuBits helps Peercoin...

http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/2hb4cn/why_the_revolution_devours_its_children_is_not/

Plus this quote in case anyone missed it...

Quote from: CoinGame
Peercoin holds a very important role in the design of NuBits. It is the incentive to build a better and stronger Nu Network. If Peercoin is not doing well then NuShare holders will lose out on their own incentive.

This will in time prove to be a beneficial symbiotic relationship between the coins. Improving the usability and utility of Peercoin is good for the NuShares holders as well.

Thank you for this motivator article, hope to see these predictions about Peercoin becomes real soon!
What version do you use (here's some choice: http://peercoin.net/wallet)?
What operating system are you on?
Have you checked firewall settings?
Here are some nodes that are currently connected to one of my wallets:
Code:
addnode=77.57.212.33:9901
addnode=62.207.0.49:9901
addnode=176.9.138.113:9901
addnode=78.46.41.178:9901
addnode=71.211.131.57:9901
addnode=24.64.97.145:9901
addnode=91.64.26.77:9901
addnode=173.255.211.166:9901

You can try to put these lines in your "ppcoin.conf" file (only works if they are still on when you try it with them). Depending on your operating system it can be found at different places.
MacOS (folder might be hidden):
~/Library/Application\ Support/PPCoin/

Windows:
%appdata%\PPCoin

Linux
~/.ppcoin
Activity: 704
Merit: 500
my wallet PPCoin doesnt sync...., addnode ?

any solution?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hey everyone,

The Peercoin community has been running a project for a while now that tips people for setting up Peercoin nodes on a Raspberry Pi. Today we reached the milestone of 50 new nodes!

The project is mostly just for encouraging the use of Peercoin on Raspberry Pi, as well as showcasing some of the benefits of Proof of Stake. And obviously it is also nice to have lots of new nodes on the network distributing the blockchain  Wink

If you have a Raspberry Pi and would like to get 10 PPC just for setting up a node, head over to the thread on PeercoinTalk. There are guides to help you out if you're not an expert, and feel free to ask any questions here.

Cheers
That's what I tried to say: A properly decentralized USD peg would be best. It's still a risk, especially with these unpredictable financial construction, but the trade-off is worth it.
It's this kinda fake-decentralization that is more dangerous. The attack vectors are more hidden (exist though), and there will be no single entity taking responsibility.

If you are talking about the NuShares implementation when saying fake-decentralization, I can't follow. What part of it is fake-decentralized? The NuShares are distributed. They are not in the hands of one single entity. This is what I'd call decentralized. One may argue about the degree of decentralization. It will for sure be more decentralized once the early days of Nu are over and the NuShares are wider spread, but I can't call them centralized - not even now.

...you are saying it yourself: "there will be no single entity...".
But responsibility will be taken: by the NuShares holders. If Nu fails they lose their investment. They are responsible for the benefit of Nu.
Activity: 252
[...]
CoinoUSD are centralized, and open about it - thus more understandable and reliable.

Being centralized and open about it (being open about it is an important aspect!) may lead to a better understanding.

But I don't understand how something centralized is expected to be necessarily more reliable than something decentralized.
How do you prevent someone with bad intentions (bad guys, blackmailers, people with an own agenda, competitors with power, etc.) from attacking the central point?

That's what I tried to say: A properly decentralized USD peg would be best. It's still a risk, especially with these unpredictable financial construction, but the trade-off is worth it.
It's this kinda fake-decentralization that is more dangerous. The attack vectors are more hidden (exist though), and there will be no single entity taking responsibility.
Activity: 648
Merit: 318
Here is an excellent post on how NuBits helps Peercoin...

http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/2hb4cn/why_the_revolution_devours_its_children_is_not/

Plus this quote in case anyone missed it...

Quote from: CoinGame
Peercoin holds a very important role in the design of NuBits. It is the incentive to build a better and stronger Nu Network. If Peercoin is not doing well then NuShare holders will lose out on their own incentive.

This will in time prove to be a beneficial symbiotic relationship between the coins. Improving the usability and utility of Peercoin is good for the NuShares holders as well.
All in all, much simpler CoinoUSD seems to be much more viable to me.
[...]
CoinoUSD are centralized, and open about it - thus more understandable and reliable.

Being centralized and open about it (being open about it is an important aspect!) may lead to a better understanding.

But I don't understand how something centralized is expected to be necessarily more reliable than something decentralized.
How do you prevent someone with bad intentions (bad guys, blackmailers, people with an own agenda, competitors with power, etc.) from attacking the central point?
Activity: 252

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

If I had the option between decentralized pegged USD and centralized, then I would 100% go for the former.
But let's get real: BitUSD has a developer that can just turn off the market and change the code around. Then hides that behind complex and fragile constructions of unreliable collateral and trust in some delegates. NuBits doesn't seem all that different ... so it's "custodians" now instead of "delegates"?

Activity: 546
hm
From my perspective, this NuBits thing is simply too complicated and 'blessed' with the need for human interference. I wish them best.

hm, and Bitcoin is not complicated?

It is, and now imagine with ^2 on top.

But if the idea is sound and the execution sufficient, I will learn eventually  Kiss

I don't see much difference. If you understand Bitcoin it is not too complicated for that person to understand Nu. A person who knows about Bitcoin has the technical abilities to understand Nu easily. But for others? They don't understand how the internet works neither but they use it.
Activity: 639
How does NuBits compare with BitUsd ? They both try to peg USD if I have it right.

Then there is CoinoUSD. Expect lots more in the near future.

All these can only be good news for us. More competition equals more innovation.
After reading about nubits/nushares, it doesn't seem to me, that this project benefits Peercoin[...]
You have read the passage that deals with ditribution of dividends?
How can it not benefit Peercoin if the dividends are paid in Peercoins?
This shows a great trust of Nu in the sustainability and security of Peercoin.
And it creates a momentum for Peercoin price.

[...]it's nice to see Peershares are getting implemented[...]
I agree that it's nice to see Peershares getting implemented.
Other implementation will hopefully follow.
And if they rely on Peercoin for paying the dividends the benefit for Peercoin will grow even further.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
From my perspective, this NuBits thing is simply too complicated and 'blessed' with the need for human interference. I wish them best.

hm, and Bitcoin is not complicated?

It is, and now imagine with ^2 on top.

But if the idea is sound and the execution sufficient, I will learn eventually  Kiss
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
After reading about nubits/nushares, it doesn't seem to me, that this project benefits Peercoin, however it's nice to see Peershares are getting implemented, maybe other Peershares projects will be more interesting. And by the way, could somebody publish Peershares whitepaper here or somewhere, where it could be freely downloaded from. Link from github works only for peercointalk.org registered users.

here u go bro

http://oclc.org/research/activities/sharesp2p.html

~CfA~
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
After reading about nubits/nushares, it doesn't seem to me, that this project benefits Peercoin, however it's nice to see Peershares are getting implemented, maybe other Peershares projects will be more interesting. And by the way, could somebody publish Peershares whitepaper here or somewhere, where it could be freely downloaded from. Link from github works only for peercointalk.org registered users.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
It's always easy to do your business when demand for your product is high. By the way, when demand is high, amount of nubits in existence may grow much faster than even an exponent.
So basically transaction fees are your only hope. If your system enteres low demand mode, you need to destroy more nubits in transactions than you create when you pay interests. If there are not enough tps, you need to increase transaction fees, what makes your system even less popular, the system is now doomed anyway.

That might be a problem. To keep the price up the systems has to pay higher and higher interest rates, so more nubits get created. This leads to lower price. Seems like a doom loop.

Can you explain shorty how CoinoUSD keeps the price at 1USD?
CoinoUSD is just an asset which exists on NXT blockchain.

Quote from: coinomat link=https://coinomat.com/coinousd.php
CoinoUSD is an asset tied to US dollar, 1 CoinoUSD = 1 dollar. CoinoUSD brings USD to NXT trading directly to NXT blockchain, without using exchanges. We maintain a gateway which allows to buy CoinoUSD asset for USD denominated payment systems. When you buy CoinoUSD asset is it transferred to you, and can be traded or sold back to us. It can even be withdrawn to your bank card!
Yes, it's only Coinomat who provides guarantee, that one will be able to exchange CoinoUSD for e.g. VisaUSD, but you are still able to transfer CoinoUSD to anybody who's connected to NXT network. Also it's easy to exchange CoinoUSD on NXT AE (their distributed exchange).
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
Coin Market Apps
Sorry about using the old PPC coin logo that is displayed on http://CoinMarketApp.com - it is still in pre-ann stages, and it will be corrected with the new coin logo once we launch.   We are still preparing for launch tomorrow;  we would need more collaboration from the PPC community as to which links they want to see added. Check the thread here as to how we are laying out bitcoin hhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=792912.msg8951714#msg8951714 we prefer links come from official sources and community managed links.

We will add some links about NuBits, please do bring those in as well.  Great work so far guys, PPC has been looking strong and solid for a very long time now.  NuBits could take it furthers steps I believe
Activity: 546
hm
It's always easy to do your business when demand for your product is high. By the way, when demand is high, amount of nubits in existence may grow much faster than even an exponent.
So basically transaction fees are your only hope. If your system enteres low demand mode, you need to destroy more nubits in transactions than you create when you pay interests. If there are not enough tps, you need to increase transaction fees, what makes your system even less popular, the system is now doomed anyway.

That might be a problem. To keep the price up the systems has to pay higher and higher interest rates, so more nubits get created. This leads to lower price. Seems like a doom loop.

Can you explain shorty how CoinoUSD keeps the price at 1USD?
Pages:
Jump to: