Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 33. (Read 42175 times)

copper member
Activity: 137
Merit: 31
Maybe we could call it Muni coin? It is what it is supposed to replace and it would be great to say "How much Muni does that cost?" or "How much Muni did you pay?"

I particularly like the fact that this sound a lot like the fiat it is to replace giving the association between fiat cash and this coin.

Also the short name would be MUNI so no confusion on exchanges by inexperienced traders.

Anyone else like the name?
I personally appreciate the name Stone, as it relates to RaiStones, which is what RaiBlocks was originally named after, as i quite respect Colin and his remarkable project. As you can see the other Stone project was a mad scramble to release it before mine, as my announcement was dated first, just attempting to ride off my project hype, i disregard these small projects, they will not be anything substantial in 6months or 2 years.

As a side note, the member Apocabal, has now accepted an offer to be part of the Stone team, he will be working in the graphics department, his first role will be a redesign of the announcement thread, which will move to the website, then forum, Stone wallet, then substantial 2018 roadmap, all coming together quite pleasantly.

Some of Apocabal's recent work;

felixando
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
At what date distribution will be started? Are any wallets availiable? Or now it's only prototype now?

Right now Dev have highest priority on Code and working coin. Donations deadline is till 9th of this month so right afterwards you can expect one day Felix can plan for distribution process of coins to the donators.

Wallets still under development phase, some time towards the end of this month Testnet release might occur. Stay tuned for further updates from Felixando.
Activity: 308
Merit: 13
ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY
Maybe we could call it Muni coin? It is what it is supposed to replace and it would be great to say "How much Muni does that cost?" or "How much Muni did you pay?"

I particularly like the fact that this sound a lot like the fiat it is to replace giving the association between fiat cash and this coin.

Also the short name would be MUNI so no confusion on exchanges by inexperienced traders.

might be good to have some sort of voting. let´s see what happens when the donation period ends
Activity: 225

Hi,

This is my first post here.  I came across this project while trying to find alternatives to Raiblocks, rebranded as Nano.  I'm interested in a coin that provides all the features of Nano, while also being a private coin.  My main interest in both Nano and a private version are for actual real world use.  Of course if value increases, its a nice bonus.  My point being there are many coins to invest in if turning a profit is what one is after.  I'm looking for real currency.   A feeless, virtually instant transfer coin that can handle higher transactions is at this point the bar, and privacy is required as there are too many scammers looking to profile people and capitalize on that knowledge. 

You have a vast choice, quite a few coins supposedly looking to make a Nano clone with privacy, eg. Stone, Manta, Paper, Azurlik and quite a few more. Not sure which will come through but I hope at least one does happen. I'm invested in a few but I know the risks and that I am likely to be scammed at least once and maybe every single one will be a scam but that is a risk I have reluctantly undertaken.

I'm hoping some members of this community or Felix himself could answer some basic questions I have.

On the first page I read:

30% donators (ending shortly - exact date yet to be announced)
32.5% Airdrop to BTC holders
22.5% Airdrop to existing XRB holders.
10% Givaway (Thread Posters/Twitter Enhancers)
5% Development fund

How does the airdrop for xrb holders work?  Is it simply that since we purchased xrb, you will send free coins or are we supposed to trade xrb for stone?

I think you show your Nano address, the amount of coins is checked and a proportional amount of Stone gets allocated to you based on that. I think this is currently a low priority for the developer since a working coin is what is critical here. I've never heard of trading coins for an airdrop so I do not think hat will happen.

As far as donations, I also read the price per coin is 0.0000007 btc, which works out at the moment to be .01 usd a coin.  Is it correct to think whatever amount is donated will be based on the current market value? 

Will this coin simply be for transactions or was a decision made to have other features added?

I think value is simply the amount currently invested but this will grow once all coins are distributed and trading starts happening. In the current market, it is going to be tough but I think we will see a fair bit of growth.

At the moment, I think the focus is for this coin to be a secure fast currency and anything else is not being focused on. In the future, maybe someone will want to expand the code but for now, lets just get the basic coin working.

I read here that the name stone is already in use.  I didn't see it on coinmarketcap.  Could someone post link to the other coin? 

There are a number of links on this thread to the other coin just a few pages back. I suggest you read through the entire thread since most of the answers you seek will be in the thread.

I think the name stone is great.  "How much is this book"..."That will be 4 stones"

Stone private. 
Every transaction comes with a clean slate.

Stone.
The bedrock of currency.
[/b][/b][/b][/b]

It is a great name but if it is taken, it is taken. We need to find something else. Ultimately, that is up to the dev.
Activity: 1
Hi,

This is my first post here.  I came across this project while trying to find alternatives to Raiblocks, rebranded as Nano.  I'm interested in a coin that provides all the features of Nano, while also being a private coin.  My main interest in both Nano and a private version are for actual real world use.  Of course if value increases, its a nice bonus.  My point being there are many coins to invest in if turning a profit is what one is after.  I'm looking for real currency.   A feeless, virtually instant transfer coin that can handle higher transactions is at this point the bar, and privacy is required as there are too many scammers looking to profile people and capitalize on that knowledge. 

I'm hoping some members of this community or Felix himself could answer some basic questions I have.

On the first page I read:

30% donators (ending shortly - exact date yet to be announced)
32.5% Airdrop to BTC holders
22.5% Airdrop to existing XRB holders.
10% Givaway (Thread Posters/Twitter Enhancers)
5% Development fund

How does the airdrop for xrb holders work?  Is it simply that since we purchased xrb, you will send free coins or are we supposed to trade xrb for stone?

As far as donations, I also read the price per coin is 0.0000007 btc, which works out at the moment to be .01 usd a coin.  Is it correct to think whatever amount is donated will be based on the current market value? 

Will this coin simply be for transactions or was a decision made to have other features added?

I read here that the name stone is already in use.  I didn't see it on coinmarketcap.  Could someone post link to the other coin? 

I think the name stone is great.  "How much is this book"..."That will be 4 stones"

Stone private. 
Every transaction comes with a clean slate.

Stone.
The bedrock of currency.
[/b][/b][/b][/b]

Okay that´s something that we or felixando has to take care of. Nothing worse with people having a bad start with the project because of name duplication

Read the original post. That was a mockup designed for Stone...not an existing coin.

How about you read the original post, there is another coin out there called Stone and it is listed on an exchange. This is what the poster you replied to was referencing. W need to change the name of the coin or there will be a lot of confusion. If mock up are going to be created, that is awesome but they will need a different name eventually.
Activity: 2
Okay that´s something that we or felixando has to take care of. Nothing worse with people having a bad start with the project because of name duplication

Read the original post. That was a mockup designed for Stone...not an existing coin.
Activity: 13
Hi, Felixando. Please add me to the list of testnet users. I donated some time ago. Thank you.
Activity: 32
Hey guys!
I've been following this project since the early days and I'm eager to see how things will go. Therefore I donated a small amount.

I designed a small concept for a potential splash screen and the overview page in the wallet.
I know it's not even close to perfection, but what do you guys think about it?
I'm not fully content with the logo yet, but let us all contribute and build something nice!

@felixando: Good work so far! I love your ideas and I'm thrilled to see some source code soon. Smiley

Splash screen:
https://i.imgur.com/aVftfVU.png

Overview:
https://i.imgur.com/G97Pft1.png

Apocabal, absolutely outstanding work!

felixando

Great work !
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
Hey guys!
I've been following this project since the early days and I'm eager to see how things will go. Therefore I donated a small amount.

I designed a small concept for a potential splash screen and the overview page in the wallet.
I'm not fully content with the logo yet, but let us all contribute and build something nice!

@felixando: Good work so far! I love your ideas and I'm thrilled to see some source code soon. Smiley

Splash screen:

Overview:

Absolutely agree! Looking great and would love the community input. Might be necessary to think about the name stone though, since its already in use right now

felixando

Being some one already went to exchanges and trading with "Stone", Hoping Felixando rethink on brand name. Absolutely great design work done above.

Hey guys!

Splash screen:

Overview:

Absolutely agree! Looking great and would love the community input. Might be necessary to think about the name stone though, since its already in use right now

felixando

Being some one already went to exchanges and trading with "Stone", Hoping Felixando rethink on brand name. Absolutely great design work done above.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
Hey guys!

Splash screen:

Overview:

felixando
Activity: 121
Merit: 50
At what date distribution will be started? Are any wallets availiable? Or now it's only prototype now?
Activity: 26
im quite interested in this project, where can i see its codebase?
Activity: 7
Hey guys!

Splash screen:

Overview:

felixando

@felixando, please put this guy [Apocabal] on the UI design team, we need professional stuff that looks like this for stone!
Activity: 292
Merit: 100
Hey Felix! I'm a donor. I apply to be a tester. Please check it.

Is the deadline for the donation on the page missing?
 Is there a change, not February 9th?

Stone is a good idea.It takes arduous efforts to achieve it.
copper member
Activity: 137
Merit: 31
Hey guys!

Splash screen:

Overview:

felixando
Questions are still not answered. It's pretty simple to post some type of proof this project exists, a snippet of the code, a github sample of the code with comitts, anything.

You aren't developing an entirely new blockchain here, it should be pretty easy to give us some sort of evidence other than "test-net is coming." Obviously the test net is coming, but after all the donations are done and you've abandoned the project.

I kind of agree with some of your opinions (Not having any proof of work, Snippet code) recently lot of people coming up with scam projects with no principle product with copy cats but seriously making time pass with logo, web design, wallet etc it don't mount to nothing but Couple of thousands.  I think it's about the time Mr. Felixando comes up with  proof of his real work "Code", If i recall his initial statements he was quoting about couple of months for it and it's been about time and i would like to see some proof of work.

Other hand i notice he is been responsive and shared all the donations openly and maintained the transparency in accounts. i personally feel donations will help Developer to concentrate on his work and forget running to other daily job to run the family. With great supportive community he could able to build here(Congratulations to all the dona-tors). I think now it's time for Felixando to show he is worth of trust, I am one of the donator and looking forward to see this project succeed.
Activity: 2
Hey guys!

Splash screen:

Overview:
Pages:
Jump to: