Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] XCoin--100% Decentralized--50%Free Distribution-50%POW [Idea seeking] - page 7. (Read 5602 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 251
Nice wallet and I will keep this XCoin in my mind, waiting for its airdrop.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!
Would like to translate the ANN to german Smiley
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
i'm interesting to join the logo bounties?? how about the rules??
Activity: 150
Merit: 12
Specifics (Tentative
Coin name: XCoin
Supply:21,000,000 XCoins
Algo:X11 POW+POS
PREMine:10,500,000 XCoins for Free distribution ,Bounties, Developing Fund
POW:10,500,000 XCoins in 5 years
POS interest:??%

change the algo for something asic-resistant, please.

and reduce the premine to more honest figures, not 50% Grin of total supply!

thanks.
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
What do you think about this?
The Bounty for  Community and Campaign Manager:  500K (+-)XCoin
Pretty nice bounty for the community manager,According to the total supply is 210M,like the Bitcoin.
it's a little more imo..
Activity: 599
Merit: 500
Pretty nice bounty for the community manager,According to the total supply is 210M,like the Bitcoin.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 28
Could anybody design a signature for XCoin campaign? We could spread this project quickly.
Thanks for your remind,Bounty added.
Activity: 323
Could anybody design a signature for XCoin campaign? We could spread this project quickly.
Activity: 12
There are two things I'd definitely consider basic features of a coin claiming to be centered around the idea of decentralization:

• An algorithm that provides access to mining with everyday hardware, such as yescrypt. The reasoning is pretty clear: The more exclusive access is, the more mining will be centered around those with dedicated mining setups. Bitcoin and its corporate decision process clearly demonstrates where that leads: Anywhere, just not decentralization. With CPU-oriented algorithms, even when people with dedicated CPU-mining rigs enter the fray, there will still be a good number of people mining on their CPUs, as the accessibility for mining reaches further into casual micro-mining territory, providing at least a little bit more of a counterweight. Also, CPU power scales much less than GPU power as a function of time these years (CPUs age better), which is one of the factors that make CPU algorithms such worthy candidates in terms of casual miner enfranchisement.
  • First class support for a free software environment, such as GNU/Linux or GNU/FreeBSD. In other words: At least have a Linux client from day 1. Releasing for corporate controlled platforms only, such as Mac OS X or Windows, is a statement against decentralization and flies into the face of the idea of people having control over our infrastructure and their own computers. Choosing an algorithm that doesn't depend on closed source drivers such as those from Nvidia or AMD for efficient mining would also be a plus in that regard (e.g. a CPU algorithm).

Edit: It seems yescrypt might not be as CPU-centered as it once seemed to me (a look at how Myriad coin is doing it might be worth it, though. I've mined XMY with just one CPU core, and I did get a handful of coins, so it does work). The basic point stands, though: A CPU-centered algorithm would be best for the goals of this project.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
hi dev,

algo should be asic resistant for to embrace everyone . Equihash , neoscrypt or cryptonight..
regards and good luck.

Or may be new algorithms like Skunk , Tribus etc which uses less power .
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
It make no sence in mining X11 with gpu comparing asic mining. 

If we speak about decentralization then we have to choose gpu-mining, not asic in fact. Something like neoscrypt, xevan, equihash or anyone asic-resistant.
Just my 2c.

+1.
If this need a strong support from miners, algo needs to be changed .
is X11 asic-resistant algo?

No . X11 is for ASIC
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!
Would like to join twitter and signature campaign!
And reserve for german translation!
Activity: 56
hi dev,

algo should be asic resistant for to embrace everyone . Equihash , neoscrypt or cryptonight..
regards and good luck.
Activity: 323
It make no sence in mining X11 with gpu comparing asic mining. 

If we speak about decentralization then we have to choose gpu-mining, not asic in fact. Something like neoscrypt, xevan, equihash or anyone asic-resistant.
Just my 2c.

+1.
If this need a strong support from miners, algo needs to be changed .
is X11 asic-resistant algo?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Decentralization shall be the end of the Old World
Interesting. Looking out for this. Good luck dev!
Pages:
Jump to: