Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN][HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast - page 73. (Read 140040 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
you need independent escrow for the IPO

I'm open to this idea.  I'll speak to Nomisugi tomorrow and make a decision.  Maybe a senior forum member or do you have another suggestion?

I'd suggest Anon136 from my side but any independent and trusted senior forum member should be fine. Thank you!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
you need independent escrow for the IPO

I'm open to this idea.  I'll speak to Nomisugi tomorrow and make a decision.  Maybe a senior forum member or do you have another suggestion?
Moreover, the top bits are considered to be much stronger than the lower bits.

This is highly untrue for cryptographic hash functions.

Take, for instance, SHA-256

The tops bits A will have been through more rounds of the compression function.

experimentally validating it against FIPS 140-2 and the Dieharder statistical test suite

This is very irrelevant.

Formal analytical proofs seems quite rare in this area.  SHA-256 and many others don't have them.  To the best of our knowledge, FIPS 140-2 and Dieharder are commonly used for evaluation, but we are keen to do more work on this in the future.
Activity: 156
Activity: 349
Merit: 250

We will be working with devs to ensure everything will be working on launch! First pool!

Stablehash Features:

• 48GB DDR3 ram + Xenon 4/8 core processor
  • 2TB HDD + RAM memcache
  • 160 Gbps DDoS mitigation
  • 99+% efficiency
  • 99+% uptime
  • VARDIFF
  • Commitment to uptime and stability
  • IRC chat

http://heavy.stablehash.com/

0% fee for next 50 miners!

I'd be more than happy to set up a pool for this, just sent you a pm about it keccak512.

Got it. Thanks!  I'll be in touch.
Where are the other 1.5 million coins?

I see 5m + (55m or 120m) + 1.5m, but that leaves 1.5 left over. Are you just keeping them?

The 1.5 is from the 1-2% premine, which is described in the announcement

Total supply: 63M to 128M HVC (depending on votes)
Multipool protection: Kimoto Gravity Well Temporal Retargeting
Premine: 1-2% (depending on total supply) for future development, support and maintenance
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I'd be more than happy to set up a pool for this, just sent you a pm about it keccak512.
So the investors will get 5mil no matter how many coins are voted?

correct.  Investors split the 5M proportionally.  It's a relatively small IPO.

The miners, which are probably more will vote 128M at the disadvantage of investors.
Or i'm getting this wrong?

The IPO's 5M is guaranteed to be 4% or more of the total money supply, once mining is exhausted.

If the decentralized voting decreases the supply, then the IPO's 5M can be at most 8%.

Did the IPO Start? I'm interested but it doesn't seem like it started, or maybe just no one is interested yet?

Dates and info
  • IPO dates: Feb 17th - March 3rd, 2014

From http://heavycoin.github.io/launch.html
Activity: 311
So the investors will get 5mil no matter how many coins are voted? The miners, which are probably more will vote 128M at the disadvantage of investors.
Or i'm getting this wrong?
Activity: 96
Added to Cryptocoins Calendar looking forward to seeing this, all the best with the release.
Activity: 79
Where are the other 1.5 million coins?

I see 5m + (55m or 120m) + 1.5m, but that leaves 1.5 left over. Are you just keeping them?
Activity: 349
    http://coinok.pw would like to apply for bounties as:

- the first faucet
    - the first paper wallet
    - the first game

Your interest has been registered.  Thanks!

In most cases bounties will be determined after the mining launch and will be awarded for working services only.  In special cases a bounty may be reserved ahead of the launch date.  Some examples are

• Translating the Heavycoin PRE-ANN post to another language
    • Promoting Heavycoin on another forum, twitter, Facebook, etc
    • Development contributions for a block explorer
    • Development contributions towards a mining pool.
    • Development contributions toward p2pool

The last three examples may require interactions with the core Heavycoin developers before the launch.  If someone is willing to commit to such an effort before the mining launch, then it makes sense to promise their bounty ahead of time.  Assuming they can deliver, then they would received their bounty after we go live.

Please watch this space for announcements about pre-launch bounties that we may offer for spreading the word about Heavycoin.[/list]

Talking about bounties I would be willing to work with you to get a stratum-mining implementation working for my pool. Please PM me.
    Activity: 336
    Moreover, the top bits are considered to be much stronger than the lower bits.

This is highly untrue for cryptographic hash functions.

experimentally validating it against FIPS 140-2 and the Dieharder statistical test suite

This is very irrelevant.
    Activity: 132
    Did the IPO Start? I'm interested but it doesn't seem like it started, or maybe just no one is interested yet?

- the first faucet
      - the first paper wallet
      - the first game

Your interest has been registered.  Thanks!

In most cases bounties will be determined after the mining launch and will be awarded for working services only.  In special cases a bounty may be reserved ahead of the launch date.  Some examples are

• Translating the Heavycoin PRE-ANN post to another language
      • Promoting Heavycoin on another forum, twitter, Facebook, etc
      • Development contributions for a block explorer
      • Development contributions towards a mining pool.
      • Development contributions toward p2pool

The last three examples may require interactions with the core Heavycoin developers before the launch.  If someone is willing to commit to such an effort before the mining launch, then it makes sense to promise their bounty ahead of time.  Assuming they can deliver, then they would received their bounty after we go live.

Please watch this space for announcements about pre-launch bounties that we may offer for spreading the word about Heavycoin.[/list]
      legendary
      Activity: 1358
      Merit: 1093

- the first faucet
      - the first paper wallet
      - the first game
      Activity: 41
      Merit: 0
      Activity: 91
      Pages: