Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 14. (Read 24074 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Yeah I recently saw that. God damn newb with 1 post cloning bytecoin. Even using the same currency code as us, even though we've been publicly testing for many weeks now and we claimed the name and currency code way before that guy.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
mini blockchain sounds good , looking forward to this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
m7 pow? more info about this
Taken from the wiki:

The M7 PoW algorithm, otherwise known as the "magnificent 7" PoW algorithm, is a proof-of-work algorithm designed for the mining process in Cryptonite. The M7 PoW is not a memory hard algorithm, it's more like the algorithm used by Quark and similar alt-coins. Seven different hashing functions are used to generate the final hash which is tested against the target. The only difference is that Cryptonite doesn't use any obscure hashing functions that no one has ever heard of before. We wanted quality over quantity so we only used cryptographically secure hashing functions which are well tested. In order to avoid bias accumulation we multiply the 7 hashes together and then pass that number through the SHA-256 function one last time. The multiplication step is also harder for GPU's and ASIC's but works very efficiently on a CPU.

The magnificent 7:

- SHA-256
- SHA-512
- Keccak
- RIPEMD
- HAVAL
- Tiger
- Whirlpool

oh it's like an x7
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Taken from the wiki:

The M7 PoW algorithm, otherwise known as the "magnificent 7" PoW algorithm, is a proof-of-work algorithm designed for the mining process in Cryptonite. The M7 PoW is not a memory hard algorithm, it's more like the algorithm used by Quark and similar alt-coins. Seven different hashing functions are used to generate the final hash which is tested against the target. The only difference is that Cryptonite doesn't use any obscure hashing functions that no one has ever heard of before. We wanted quality over quantity so we only used cryptographically secure hashing functions which are well tested. In order to avoid bias accumulation we multiply the 7 hashes together and then pass that number through the SHA-256 function one last time. The multiplication step is also harder for GPU's and ASIC's but works very efficiently on a CPU.

The magnificent 7:

- SHA-256
- SHA-512
- Keccak
- RIPEMD
- HAVAL
- Tiger
- Whirlpool

Miner available at launch?
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Taken from the wiki:

The magnificent 7:

- SHA-256
- SHA-512
- Keccak
- RIPEMD
- HAVAL
- Tiger
- Whirlpool
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Nice!  Thanks for eliminating transaction malleability.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
i will watch, the OP is hero member so  some interest Smiley
Lol I never thought having a hero status would pay off. But yeah I've been around since the early days and we have no intention of making any type of crappy clone or scam coin. There will be no pre-mine, no IPO's, and every effort to prevent an instamine. Even though a fairly large sum of money was spent on development of this coin we still want it to be as fair as possible and we don't want to damage our credibility, so we're just going to mine it with the same rules as everyone else.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
VootCoin PR/IRC Admin
Watching. Nice to see a real member use their account!
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
i will watch, the OP is hero member so  some interest Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Pages:
Jump to: