Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN][ZEN][Pre-sale] Zennet: Decentralized Supercomputer - Official Thread - page 9. (Read 57056 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
My question is why do you think we need a decentralized Amazon web services?

There are probably many answers to this.  The "big one" of course is that AWS is not a free market.  Amazon holds something like a monopoly, and fixes their pricing as they see fit.

Zennet offers the same infrastructure technologies that AWS does but with price negotiation.  It enforces competition.

What are you trying to solve with this project? I believe it would be more powerful if say a poor kid in Isreal had an idea and that such a service was available. Or For that class room in Africa and others like it all over the world that do not have the computer power needed to study X technology. I think what the spirit of Bitcoin has is what is missing in Zencoin. Understand what I mean?

I strongly disagree!  Because AWS "prices out" those poor kids in Africa and Zennet allows for open exchange there is an opportunity here for those kids that amazon can never (or would never?) realistically offer.  Zennet would even allow for some provider to choose to *donate* overflow cycles to those poor kids.

This should be disrupting companies like Amazon web services not competing with them. I feel there is a difference.

In the end it will likely do both, but only on some fronts.  It will compete for HPC business, and will disrupt for pricing of highly elastic but continual workload.  Remember that AWS and Zennet serve different-but-overlapping use cases, so there are some applications for which AWS will always be the better choice and for which zennet will neither compete nor disrupt.  It will never be able to attempt to compete on availability assurances and will never be able to attempt to disrupt Amazon's advanced, high-level I/O facilities.  (Because this is simply not something it "can intend" to disrupt in a meaningful way.)

It is a competitor, but not a direct competitor.  It is a disruption, but not a total disruption.

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Now I recall that HMC found some kind of vulnerability in DPoS. He calls it the "kill switch": an ability of the genesis block generator to erase the whole chain and restart it.

Source? Can you provide more details on this?
Activity: 23
Distributed computing is the future and Zennet is a leader in this field.
We're with ya!! Smiley
 - ken
Activity: 319
Merit: 10
My question is why do you think we need a decentralized Amazon web services? What are you trying to solve with this project? I believe it would be more powerful if say a poor kid in Isreal had an idea and that such a service was available. Or For that class room in Africa and others like it all over the world that do not have the computer power needed to study X technology. I think what the spirit of Bitcoin has is what is missing in Zencoin. Understand what I mean?

This should be disrupting companies like Amazon web services not competing with them. I feel there is a difference.

Anyway, having said all that. Besides the business model, I think what you are building is awesome.

Best of luck.
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org
Hi Ohad

I am very pleased that you have a project like this. As a firm believer of DPOS. It is well fitted for the project to use the technology Dan and the rest of Invictus have developed. The transaction time itself is blazingly fast and its confirmation. I'll be watching this project and to whatever you guys chose to adapt as to what blockchain technology is concerned, anything goes. As long as I would be happy to be part of this.

Thank you for your kind offer.
I will get our crypto developer involved in it.
Activity: 910
Hi Ohad

I am very pleased that you have a project like this. As a firm believer of DPOS. It is well fitted for the project to use the technology Dan and the rest of Invictus have developed. The transaction time itself is blazingly fast and its confirmation. I'll be watching this project and to whatever you guys chose to adapt as to what blockchain technology is concerned, anything goes. As long as I would be happy to be part of this.
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
- Ongoing Zencoin generation, similar to mining, is not planned for Zennet. Upon the launch of the genesis block, all coins will be distributed to their owners, except for 8 percent of the Zencoins that will be retained for the Zennet Team, and another 8 percent of the Zencoins that will be retained for community applications and bounties.

I did not see this when I made my last post. This is another reason to lean towards DPoS. If there is no inflation, how will you be able to pay PoW miners to secure the block chain? All coins currently do this in the form of inflation as a block reward.

I will repeat huntercrafterminers wishes not to turn this into a Dpos vs PoW debate, although I disagree with him on a few things. A NaS attack is pretty much impossible on DPoS among other things, but I digress.. I hope you are still considering some form of PoS. Here is a really good write up describing possible attack vectors of DPoS and comparing it to PoW.. I will just leave the link here. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6638.0

I'll be very glad for a deep discussion on the coin's algo. In particular, I'd like to see you fighting with the anti-DPoS guys Smiley
I didn't find yet alternative to DPoS that is 'less worse'.

Now I recall that HMC found some kind of vulnerability in DPoS. He calls it the "kill switch": an ability of the genesis block generator to erase the whole chain and restart it.
I'm sure it's to late as of now but just in case this OS may provide some help in development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Bell_Labs

Nice!
Note that such a mesh can be implemented over Zennet.
Zennet gives you almost nothing but bare metals.

BTW, are you still questioning why not BTC?
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
I'm sure it's to late as of now but just in case this OS may provide some help in development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Bell_Labs

Activity: 28
We will read here when the pre sale start?
Plz write in op too!

The official launch date will be published ahead of time.
it will be in the OP and on major website in order for everyone to have a fair opportunity to participate. 
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
We will read here when the pre sale start?
Plz write in op too!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
- Ongoing Zencoin generation, similar to mining, is not planned for Zennet. Upon the launch of the genesis block, all coins will be distributed to their owners, except for 8 percent of the Zencoins that will be retained for the Zennet Team, and another 8 percent of the Zencoins that will be retained for community applications and bounties.

I did not see this when I made my last post. This is another reason to lean towards DPoS. If there is no inflation, how will you be able to pay PoW miners to secure the block chain? All coins currently do this in the form of inflation as a block reward.

I will repeat huntercrafterminers wishes not to turn this into a Dpos vs PoW debate, although I disagree with him on a few things. A NaS attack is pretty much impossible on DPoS among other things, but I digress.. I hope you are still considering some form of PoS. Here is a really good write up describing possible attack vectors of DPoS and comparing it to PoW.. I will just leave the link here. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6638.0
legendary
I can use this to 51% attack other coins. Has this been discussed?

Considering the target market place it should level to that price. So find a discussion on 51% with AWS and you will find what you are looking for. Tongue
Activity: 319
Merit: 10
 I can use this to 51% attack other coins. Has this been discussed?
Has the presale started? if so how much BTC were raised so far?

Didn't start yet. Legal people need more time.
You won't miss it when it'll begin, it'll be very clear here Smiley
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
Has the presale started? if so how much BTC were raised so far?
For interested investors, since this is a pre-sale, What currency/s will be accepted for tokens?

For this first presale, Bitcoin only.
legendary
For interested investors, since this is a pre-sale, What currency/s will be accepted for tokens?
Pages:
Jump to: