Pages:
Author

Topic: [preANN] [NYAN] Nyancoin !!! A Wealth in Every Rainbow (demission) - page 2. (Read 19488 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 250
pool should be set up at the same time.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
make it SHA256
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Is this a cpu coin?  Grin Cheesy

Actually, this is still debatable question. I think it should be CPU. Just 'cause miners community is overloaded with GPU clones right now.

yea and we don't have a CPU funcoin yet (only quark  Cheesy )

i hope you can release it this year!  
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

Actually, this is still debatable question. I think it should be CPU. Just 'cause miners community is overloaded with GPU clones right now.
Activity: 140
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I like what Nullu said there and I think its going to happen. From reading the posts here it looks like the Dev wants this coin to succeed and be a community effort. Sounds like he even has a team together. So we have a 24 hour Pre-Ann coming soon I hope. I'm impatient!

I like the idea of no pools at start. If this is what prevents forking of the blockchain at the beginning then I'm all for this and I'm sure everyone will agree. Release the source/windows binaries/mac binaries(would be cool) at start. Let the community make its own pools.

Good luck, I'm sure this coin is going to do great.

Yeah. Pools just make it a huge gamble for early adopters for a coin, and at the end of the day early adopters should be rewarded, not punished. I will support this coin if it's well launched. As I said, it has two other altcoins to compete with now. If the launch is good, and the concept of the coin is good and thought out, it will have an advantage over the other two. Catcoin was released a Scrypt alternative to Bitcoin, and I believe Kitteh Coin is a straight up Dogecoin copy/paste.

Coin launches look fun. I'd enjoy participating in one that's done right.

It's not going to be able to compete if the launch or concept is bad, though. Nyancoin doesn't have the luxury of being the only cat-based altcoin anymore. It's CPU mining ability does give it an edge though.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
I like what Nullu said there and I think its going to happen. From reading the posts here it looks like the Dev wants this coin to succeed and be a community effort. Sounds like he even has a team together. So we have a 24 hour Pre-Ann coming soon I hope. I'm impatient!

I like the idea of no pools at start. If this is what prevents forking of the blockchain at the beginning then I'm all for this and I'm sure everyone will agree. Release the source/windows binaries/mac binaries(would be cool) at start. Let the community make its own pools.

Good luck, I'm sure this coin is going to do great.
Activity: 193
Fun coin!  Cheesy
If it is cpu mining it's better than dogecoin!
Activity: 532
If this launches..please please please don't let it launch like catcoin with pools forking the chain left, right and centre.

Make the first block rewards 0 or low and give solo miners a chance to strengthen the chain. Might be an interesting coin, but it's got competition from two other coins now, so the quality of the launch could make or break this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
All cat coins will survive!

RELEASE ME (says Nyancat)

Activity: 136
 Will it kill off other cats ?
legendary
Im a megahasher and tbh i only jump onto new coins. Not interested in old coins.

sure, everybody do that. Just 'cause pump n dump is still profitable.
Activity: 714
Skol!
What I would like to see is a way to scale up the hashing power of machines joining the network, so say the first few hundred blocks can only be mined by single GPUs or CPUs, then allow for multiple GPUs, up to 3 or 4, one system, then allow those people with 10's of megahashes to join in, so that the first few blocks aren't all found by the megahashers and then after they mine huge amounts and run off to something else the people who have just a single GPU to mess around with aren't left with the leftovers. Anyways that probably didn't make much sense.

'megahashers' typically don't jump on to new coins when they're released, they're more concerned about ROI.  Most people will only throw a GPU or two on until the coin becomes popular.

Im a megahasher and tbh i only jump onto new coins. Not interested in old coins.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
What I would like to see is a way to scale up the hashing power of machines joining the network, so say the first few hundred blocks can only be mined by single GPUs or CPUs, then allow for multiple GPUs, up to 3 or 4, one system, then allow those people with 10's of megahashes to join in, so that the first few blocks aren't all found by the megahashers and then after they mine huge amounts and run off to something else the people who have just a single GPU to mess around with aren't left with the leftovers. Anyways that probably didn't make much sense.

'megahashers' typically don't jump on to new coins when they're released, they're more concerned about ROI.  Most people will only throw a GPU or two on until the coin becomes popular.
Activity: 96
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan

I've got to stop sharing my idea's with people online. I was mentioning this not even 3 days ago on plug.in with a pool member.... somehow i think it was stolen from me. Not that i own nyan meme or anything but it was still my idea to make a coin out of it. bastards....

nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
Activity: 112
www.multipool.us
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
 So, we don't want a stupid pump and dump here. I've started this topic because I don't want this meme to be spoiled completely. Actually,
 3 members told me that they are willing to start it: vual, origins and TheLAWNoob. I believe that deaconboogie and his team can join as well. Let's make it, let's make it great. Meow, to the galaxy!
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan

Agreed, we all want a fair launch.  Let's do this!
legendary
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
 So, we don't want a stupid pump and dump here. I've started this topic because I don't want this meme to be spoiled completely. Actually,
 3 members told me that they are willing to start it: vual, origins and TheLAWNoob. I believe that deaconboogie and his team can join as well. Let's make it, let's make it great. Meow, to the galaxy!
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
nyannyannyannyannyannyan
www.multipool.us
Everything is fine. Someone else was developing a nyancoin but myhoho beat them to it.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/2426-nyan-the-official-nyancoin-un-announcement-post/

Fork coin, generate new genesis block and then release it with the 24hour ANNOUNCEMENT warning like is expected.
the guy who made  OP here dosnt care if you guys develop it, its more about it being fair and for the community not some shitty pump and dump..
contact him tell him what you are doing, he will love it. Its not like its hard to change a few variables around and recompile the source... thats how you made the coin anyway right.

We weren't aware of myhoho's post.  A bunch of people on IRC decided to develop this coin and then didn't talk again.  I've been working with Deacon to develop it over the past few days.  Myhoho is working with us now.  We'll recreate the genesis block and re-release.

There's no evil intent here, just disorganization/miscommunication.  Someone needs to take a chill pill.
Activity: 714
Everything is fine. Someone else was developing a nyancoin but myhoho beat them to it.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/2426-nyan-the-official-nyancoin-un-announcement-post/

Fork coin, generate new genesis block and then release it with the 24hour ANNOUNCEMENT warning like is expected.
the guy who made  OP here dosnt care if you guys develop it, its more about it being fair and for the community not some shitty pump and dump..
contact him tell him what you are doing, he will love it. Its not like its hard to change a few variables around and recompile the source... thats how you made the coin anyway right.
Pages:
Jump to: