Pages:
Author

Topic: Presale vs. ICO - page 2. (Read 2962 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 07:39:03 AM
Main difference is just the price, you usually get more of the alt coins in the pre-sale / more bonuses than in the ICO.
Activity: 257
Merit: 11
January 18, 2018, 08:30:41 PM
Most of the pre-sales of these projects will get investor's higher risk of losing their investment if the sale doesnt meet its goal,the advantage of this the tokens are more cheap than Pre-ICO sales.

Pre-ICO will give less risk to the investors to lose their investment,advantages of this they will get tokens cheaper than the usual price in ICO.
ICO- More investors will invest here because the pre-sales and pre-ICO were successful ,giving them lesser chance to lose their money but the tokens are sold in its usual price.
Activity: 4
January 18, 2018, 08:23:12 PM
From what I've been reading about Pre-Sales, they are primarily designed to get a financial influx ahead of an ICO - to cover costs like hiring additional staff, covering the costs of getting the ICO ready. Some ICO's with Pre-Sales have been run really well, while others have had their challenges. One of the big problems that some projects faced when running a Pre-Sale prior to the ICO, is the Pre-sale price of tokens is often significantly cheaper - and a lot of projects don't enforce any restrictions on when those initial tokens can be sold.

So what has happened with some of these situations, is the early investors who got in at a discount, then sold their tokens when the tokens initially list - generally at a price higher than they paid. This is seen as a safe and guaranteed return on their money without really risking market volatility. This is a reward for early investors, but can have a negative effect on the price of the token once it hits exchanges in the early stages. It's never a good look for the price of something to tank once it's available to the public.

It's an interesting topic and there's so far been a lot of different variants attempted, with varying levels of success. ICO's like Canya and INS have been run intelligently to prevent this kind of dump of tokens early, in that they offer significant rewards for those who buy early, and hold, by using periodic airdrops to those wallets found to still contain coins from the ICO or Pre-Sale phase. Free tokens for hodling is a fairly lucrative incentive to hold after all.
Activity: 4
January 18, 2018, 08:14:11 PM
What are some ICOs with super smart and successful presales?

I have been reading up on this recently - and found Civic was certainly successful, with around $33 million in funds raised in the Pre-Sale - however (again from what I have read) they ended up over-selling tokens, and actually had to recall some - so definitely a successful pre-sale, but perhaps not super smart, as having to recall anything is not a desirable outcome in most cases.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
December 28, 2017, 02:57:13 PM
Pre-sale is very good for investors becuase of the discount one get but there is also risk here, because you tie down your money for long period and you are betting that the project is going to be successful if not it may hurt
Activity: 114
December 28, 2017, 02:12:04 PM
As for developers, Pre-ICO is kind of project protection and round for private investors, and it's the best time to invest in case of ROI. And first of all just a marketing tool)))
brand new
Activity: 0
December 28, 2017, 11:23:11 AM
Usually the only difference is the price of the alt coin compared to ETH, usually you get more x2 /x3 times more than the ICO. This is the reward for being a early adopter.

Be weary of ICO's that have more than 3 times compared to the ICO, as it opens up the fact for a token dump as soon as the token hits the exchanges.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
December 28, 2017, 11:33:10 AM
i will say presale is the way for me to realize will the future of that ICO be success or not, if their coin can be sold out immediately that will be a good sign showing more investors are interting in that ICO, from that the crowdsale of ICO will have much chance to success in the future.
Activity: 196
Merit: 17
EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I
December 28, 2017, 11:26:23 AM
Yeah, of course there's a 3rd option, buy on the market after the ICO. You can get lucky and buy it for half price or less. But you can also have bad luck and the price will be much higher than during the presale.
brand new
December 10, 2017, 04:22:38 PM
Usually the price is just different, nothing else.

It is good because early birds should be rewarded, just be careful of Pre-ICO's with too much difference.
Activity: 58
December 27, 2017, 11:00:44 AM
It seems that the presale offers greater reward to early investors, with the condition that there is also a higher risk involved on the investor´s side as it is completely uncharted territory.  The presale not only fosters coin recognition prior to the ICO, but the funds raised during this time will also help marketing costs for the ICO launch.
Activity: 53
December 10, 2017, 11:16:14 AM
Presales are more riskier then An actual ICO. If you buy in pre sale you are taking higher risk so they give you higher reward.
You can find ICO list here www.listico.io Upcoming and Ongoing ICO projects.
Activity: 644
Merit: 12
Alternative investment banking platform
December 10, 2017, 11:13:46 AM
I advise you invest in Presale only if you confident in project. Presale provides 30%+ add-coins and etc, ICO provides cleary results, you should analyze every detail in project.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Blockchain with solar energy
December 10, 2017, 10:57:20 AM
Presales are annoying. Yeah everyone loves to be first to buy cheaper but it fucks later investors.
So I prefer regular investment scheme. You open ico and sell from fixed price and that's it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
December 10, 2017, 10:54:06 AM
Usually there's a bonus offered with the presale period.. it is a good idea to get those early investors in. Such as the case of CyberTrust project. Right now it is on its Pre-ICO or pre-sale stage.. https://www.cybertrust.io
Activity: 223
Merit: 10
December 09, 2017, 09:56:48 AM
I think the presale is just an avenue by which an potential investor show his/her interest in the purchase of the ICO. The presale helps to cushion the sale of the ICO.it also help the organisation to know how much they could envisage in a prospective project.
Activity: 58
December 07, 2017, 11:42:52 AM
While presale offers a better entrance point financially on the coin, it can also be seen as riskier.  This is why there are typically bonuses for those early investors, as there should be a higher reward for those that get in on the ground floor.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
December 07, 2017, 11:24:38 AM
The price is different because it is rewarding early adopters into the system.

Remember if they have a successful Pre-ICO, it means they can use that money towards increasing their team, more marketing and preparing for their ICO. Personally I like this system as it helps both parties.

Yeah, join in the presale is more risky than joining in ICO since you can see the presale progress Then make a decision. Also, it will give you more profit since there is bonus for presale participates.
brand new
December 07, 2017, 11:19:28 AM
Usually it is just the difference in price, which I agree on.

But they also have to be careful when they go onto exchange, because early adopters might just dump the difference and damage the value of the alt coin. They need to make sure they have a vesting period to allow it to go.

But overall I think it is only fair that early adopters get a better deal.
Activity: 114
December 07, 2017, 09:56:13 AM
At the pre-sale stage, you can get good bonuses for tokens or discounts. For example, IQeon (https://iqeon.io/en) project provides 50% bonus
Pages:
Jump to: