Pages:
Author

Topic: Presale vs. ICO - page 7. (Read 2962 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 252
September 13, 2017, 07:12:12 AM
ICOs which are coming up with clear cut and focused objectives are the ones making the most out of presale (reaching the max presale cap within no time) and this is the effect of offering an incentive to the investors a discounted rate at the time of presale. Of course it is a gamble for the investors but it is much better to obtain tokens at a better rate than during the ICO itself.
If an ICO presale gets a lot of investors buzzing and fills the max cap very quickly, rest assured the ICO stage's hard cap will also be fulfilled soon and this is exactly why a presale before the actual ICO would mean the difference for many new coins out there.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
September 13, 2017, 06:55:10 AM
Hey folks,

i am wondering what are the differences between presale we see that often and an ICO. why do companies run a presale mostly with higher benefits compared to the following ICO? do investors have to stick to some kind of conditions afterwards? (hold at least for x month?) i dont assume that because ppl sometimes gather, group up to collect the minimum needed in a certain presale and participate. so what is so special about presale?

The price of token on Presale is lower. Also, could be some bonuses by time or by amount of ETH..

Also, a lot of startups want to raise some little amount of money to prepare for ICO + hire some more people, improve the product (like Ahoolee or Crowdholding)
Activity: 310
Merit: 102
JACS.tech
September 13, 2017, 06:36:35 AM
I believe that Presale is like a demo/pilot version of the real ICO where a company can use it to assess its readiness for the big & real ICO.
That said; for the Presale investors; there are usually lots of good features & benefits during the Presale, like: Presale token price is lower than the ICO price (meaning more profit when things stabilize & the token starts to get traded) & also the ability to get refunded if things don't go well during the Presale.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
September 13, 2017, 06:15:23 AM
the ico market is very hot this year, people get cheaper coins at little risk through presale, but when the market is cooling down, presale means high risk as the ico may even not succeed
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
September 13, 2017, 06:05:08 AM
Presale gives you an advantage of buying the crypto at a cheaper price than their targeted price during ICO it could be up to 50 percent cheaper. This is also the same as on pre-sale of Real Estate properties, presale is always cheaper than the actual selling price.It is a marketing strategy to augment market demands.
Activity: 169
September 13, 2017, 05:53:24 AM
I think presale is a private sale before ICO
I agree with your opinion. because the price of a coin at presale is usually cheaper than ICO.
Activity: 663
Merit: 250
September 13, 2017, 05:47:40 AM
We are currently raising a pre sale for our ICO and one of the reasons is to ensure that the product and concept are fully ready for ICO stage.  It's also good to have early ambassadors on board with the project and it allows early stage costs to be covered such as marketing, platform development.  For us it means that at least when we are launching the ICO the idea has already gained quite a bit of traction.  

Hope that helps,

Angela

Yes, pre-ICO may also be used by the project in order to test the waters so to speak. In that way, they would know if their project is gaining a wide support. If not, then they would have much time to upgrade their marketing and promotion so that when the ICO comes, they are sure that they have already reached the targeted investors.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
September 13, 2017, 05:30:26 AM
We are currently raising a pre sale for our ICO and one of the reasons is to ensure that the product and concept are fully ready for ICO stage.  It's also good to have early ambassadors on board with the project and it allows early stage costs to be covered such as marketing, platform development.  For us it means that at least when we are launching the ICO the idea has already gained quite a bit of traction.  

Hope that helps,

Angela
Activity: 149
Merit: 2
September 13, 2017, 04:41:14 AM
What are some ICOs with super smart and successful presales?
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130
September 13, 2017, 12:17:13 AM
From what I see, presale always have minimum amount to invest (for example 10ETH) IMO, it is to attract investors who want to invest a higher amount and enjoy more bonus. This is a way to raise confidence level in ICO.
This is correct. Actually pre-sale is a big chance to get cheaper token than while ICO. But this required min amount to invest/buy, sometimes people who have bought during pre-sale will get other bonus, such trezor wallet (bitjob's offer).
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
September 13, 2017, 12:07:24 AM
From what I see, presale always have minimum amount to invest (for example 10ETH) IMO, it is to attract investors who want to invest a higher amount and enjoy more bonus. This is a way to raise confidence level in ICO.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
September 12, 2017, 11:59:37 PM
Hey folks,

i am wondering what are the differences between presale we see that often and an ICO. why do companies run a presale mostly with higher benefits compared to the following ICO? do investors have to stick to some kind of conditions afterwards? (hold at least for x month?) i dont assume that because ppl sometimes gather, group up to collect the minimum needed in a certain presale and participate. so what is so special about presale?

Presale only about offer before the big sale, from presale a project will have some indicator to still continue project or stop. Presale have a high target, that's why they try to create audience ( community ) and market for their product. At this phase, development will give bonus for buying and also campaign to introducing their product. ICO is different, at this phase development will give you update information and keep audience ( members ) stay with them, the price product will follow presale result. Have a nice day.
Activity: 588
September 12, 2017, 11:53:21 PM
Someone said presale is an ICO. No, it is not. A presale is comparable to an alpha or beta launch of a product/service. An ICO is the official launch of the fully functional product.
Activity: 149
Merit: 2
September 12, 2017, 11:00:23 PM
Presale is still considered an ICO, that is why it is sometimes referred to as pre-ICO. It is for the early investors that are really supporting the project big time. The bonus is bigger of course for the early birds.  I would prefer the ICO proper so that I could use the data of the project's pre-ICO, whether it is a sold out or not, as a basis for my decision.

In pre sales do people just promise how much they plan to commit during an ico or they already bought it during the pre ico by sending their bitcoins to the address?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508
September 12, 2017, 10:48:33 PM
Presale is still considered an ICO, that is why it is sometimes referred to as pre-ICO. It is for the early investors that are really supporting the project big time. The bonus is bigger of course for the early birds.  I would prefer the ICO proper so that I could use the data of the project's pre-ICO, whether it is a sold out or not, as a basis for my decision.
Activity: 533
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
September 12, 2017, 10:26:12 PM
that is are same for porpuse sell of coins. usually for pre-ico is have big offer / bonus than ICO held. possibly you will a be guess star of investment.
Activity: 574
September 12, 2017, 10:23:14 PM
Maybe with pre-ico a project will generate a lot of investors, where every pre-ico will give you an extra or equivalent promo, it's all for the sake of success. then the pre-ico. different with the token price when ico is launched.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
September 12, 2017, 10:17:06 PM
A presale usually has a higher bonus than the ICO.  The project is just trying to get some traffic through the door before they launch the ICO.  They may also need the funds to use for marketing and for the beta version of the project.  Presales are usually very short and sell out pretty quick depending on the project. 
Activity: 302
September 12, 2017, 10:04:36 PM
Hey folks,

Pre-sale to check the demand about your token and to give the more interest in your project, and a lot of the team already offered the high bonus in pre-sale. the ico just the real crowdsale that aimed high result for the crowdfunding. The pre-sale just to teach everyone about the ico or just the way to advertise the ico.
Activity: 450
Merit: 122
September 12, 2017, 08:43:18 PM
Pre-sale is win-win situation.inverstors take high risk and they accept big enterance limits so that they get some bonusses.On the other hand owners also make good profits because before crowdsale they gain so much money.
Pages:
Jump to: