Pages:
Author

Topic: Price down to 1.25 - How low will it go? - page 3. (Read 9820 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
October 19, 2013, 11:37:31 AM
It is crashing  Undecided We are almost at 5, and as a large holder of USD this troubles me.
donator
I heard that some large sellers and shorters are entering the market, over the last year the mining output of USD has significantly increased, needless to say the banksters who borrow their customers' money on speculation of a rapid USD price fall.

Grin

If you expect the "rally" to be like 2011, remember that it is 30x fast forward now. The top was 5 days instead of 5 months, and we will smash the ATL about May 2nd  Wink
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
Looks like the price is stabilizing at about 8.1 or so. I predict this is like a repeat of last summer, we will have generally stable price for a while, perhaps with a gentle rise and fall, and in a few months the price will start moving down again.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
I heard that some large sellers and shorters are entering the market, over the last year the mining output of USD has significantly increased, needless to say the banksters who borrow their customers' money on speculation of a rapid USD price fall.
donator
Perhaps it will go to 2, like BTCUSD did Wink

You think it will reverse when we hit 2, or will it just keep going down?

Prophetic.

I think the probability for a sucker rally increases as we cross 2.
Now the price has continued sinking down to 4.25, it does not show any signs of slowing down.
Units???

I thought the units for this thread were clearly layed out in the first post.

I think that the parity will continue to offer support until this autumn, at least.

You can still get a cheeseburger at McDonald's for one, so I don't think the price can go all the way to zero unless something big changes.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1004
Im guessing it will fall to < 1mBTC this month Cheesy
donator
Now the price has continued sinking down to 4.25, it does not show any signs of slowing down.
Units???

We are quoting the price of 1 USD (or anything else) in milliBitcoins (mBTC = BTC0.001). For this change of viewpoint, we are able to turn everything upside down, and that is fun.

**//**

I am afraid the fall will continue until we get uncomfortably close to 1. When we start to approach it, say, at 1.5-1.3 or so, there will be increased buying pressure that will rock the boat. I think 1 will not be breached, technically that would be a bold prediction. I think that the parity will continue to offer support until this autumn, at least. (I am rather disappointed that 10 did not offer any support at all Sad )

As nothing seems to stop the fall, that is exactly what I will predict to happen: the fall will turn jittery and a sucker rally will commence from the level between 1.3-1.5. That will go all the way to 2.5-3, followed by a plateau which will provide a good exit point for many wealthy individuals and organisations, and a buyback point for those that successfully exited a while ago, since many of the goods they are willing to acquire are still priced in US dollars and have become surprisingly affordable due to the crash in the exchange rate.

0xFB0D8D1534241423
Units???
So the psychological barrier has been breached.

I've been following another price, EUR/mBTC, closely and expect it to follow suit in the near future (currently at 12.21). I'm not sure if it will be as big news as this one, though.

And this is why I do not think there is as much to the whole "psychological barrier" argument as people believe there is. While the USD is hitting a nice round number like 10 mB, the EUR is at a non-round 12.2 mB. Each local currency will have their own points of round numbers, and so the market will just ignore silly things like numbers.

Even though people make a big deal about the price going under 10, or when the price of an ounce of silver was 1000 mB, or when a gram of gold was 1000 mB, I do not think those points are so notable for the overall market. What will be notable is when the monetary base of bitcoins is the same as the monetary base of silver, or gold.

Looking back, we have come a long way from when somebody paid 10000000 mB for two pizzas. Now those two pizzas would be about 200 mB or so.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
So the psychological barrier has been breached.

I've been following another price, EUR/mBTC, closely and expect it to follow suit in the near future (currently at 12.21). I'm not sure if it will be as big news as this one, though.
donator
It will certainly not drop below 10 before next week. The buyers are strongly in control, as the bank holiday hinders the delivery of merchandise to the exchanges. When the influx of dollars to be sold resumes on Tuesday, we will see some serious action to the downside. I don't think 10 will hold for long. In general, I see that the only thing that hinders the crash from accelerating, is the inability of the exchanges to clear enough dollars to be sold.

The prediction was too conservative, it seems that the sellers are in charge now..
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
Down into single digits now, just hit 9.97.
We haven't seen the bottom.

We leveled off for a few days at about 20, then the Cyprus news hit and we dipped down to where it is now, about 10. I suspect we will we the price stay level between about 9 and 11 for a few days or weeks unless another major news hits.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
We haven't seen the bottom.
You know what? This is probably the only long-term serious analysis thread on this subforum right now. Cheesy
donator

I guess since it did not yet drop below 10 my prediction was only half correct.  Undecided

It will certainly not drop below 10 before next week. The buyers are strongly in control, as the bank holiday hinders the delivery of merchandise to the exchanges. When the influx of dollars to be sold resumes on Tuesday, we will see some serious action to the downside. I don't think 10 will hold for long. In general, I see that the only thing that hinders the crash from accelerating, is the inability of the exchanges to clear enough dollars to be sold.
I think the buyers will take the opportunity to buy at this stage. We could see a mini-runup to about 11-12 during the weekend, even higher, as the sellers cannot easily respond due to the bank holiday.

Smashing the supposed support of 10 for good, will not take more than 1-2 weeks, imo. It will offer an ultimate resistance to the price during any subsequent dead cat bounces later down the road.

Looking at the past few price changes, I think we might see a spike back to 13 just before the price drops below 10.

See that? Do you see that? The price just spiked up to 13.3, just like I said it would! Am I amazing or what?

Yeah, you are so amazing. Although it was particular to the big one. In other exchanges 13 wasn't breached, and it didn't give support anyway. Now we are back to 11, because the cold-blooded panic sellers have again taken the upper ground. My asks were filled and I am happy.

I guess since it did not yet drop below 10 my prediction was only half correct.  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: