Pages:
Author

Topic: Print your own bitcoin bills - print.printcoins.com - page 3. (Read 23322 times)

Activity: 437
Merit: 415
1ninja
Or port it to JAVASCRIPT

I haven't found any good free js PDF libraries.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
Well from the information being sent back to a PHP server in itself UNENCRYPTED IN ANY WAY gives me cause to call this a SCAM or a SECURITY RISK.

https://github.com/RobKohr/print.printcoins.com/blob/master/index.php

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK FOLKS!

You realize that you can run both scripts locally, don't you?
bitaddress.org just needs to be saved as HTML to run locally and print.printcoins.com can be run on a localhost apache server because you have the source code available and you are free to use it.

You can say it's a security risk but you can't call it a scam. And the OP clearly says you can run the code yourself and don't have to trust him, so, I still can't understand what's your beef...
You can always do something better yourself and give it to the community. Aren't you a programmer?

I am a programmer but not EVERYONE is a programmer. You need to develop tools like this for the MASSES. The ones that have NO CLUE how to set up an Apache server.

So, being a programmer you can develop one of those tools for the masses. Why not?
It's easier to just say what others do isn't good enough instead of improving it?

I thought Mike was going to be doing a plugin for bitaddress.org but instead he did a desktop solution. Do you know if he still plans on doing a bitaddress.org solution?

I'm trying to convert one of the svg layers which is a png into a pure vector so he can change the color programatically. I think the idea is to provide a pure js version using a SVG file of my design.

But it's not being easy to get that specific layer on vector format.

I am completely fine with a NON ARTSY solution.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Well from the information being sent back to a PHP server in itself UNENCRYPTED IN ANY WAY gives me cause to call this a SCAM or a SECURITY RISK.

bitaddress.org just needs to be saved as HTML to run locally and print.printcoins.com can be run on a localhost apache server because you have the source code available and you are free to use it.

You can say it's a security risk but you can't call it a scam. And the OP clearly says you can run the code yourself and don't have to trust him, so, I still can't understand what's your beef...
You can always do something better yourself and give it to the community. Aren't you a programmer?

I am a programmer but not EVERYONE is a programmer. You need to develop tools like this for the MASSES. The ones that have NO CLUE how to set up an Apache server.

So, being a programmer you can develop one of those tools for the masses. Why not?
It's easier to just say what others do isn't good enough instead of improving it?

I thought Mike was going to be doing a plugin for bitaddress.org but instead he did a desktop solution. Do you know if he still plans on doing a bitaddress.org solution?

I'm trying to convert one of the svg layers which is a png into a pure vector so he can change the color programatically. I think the idea is to provide a pure js version using a SVG file of my design.

But it's not being easy to get that specific layer on vector format.

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
Or port it to JAVASCRIPT

+1

EDIT: I hate unsecure quick 'n dirty solutions too!! To much of them in Bitcoinica...
legendary

legendary

Or port it to JAVASCRIPT
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

As I understand it, you can download the source code, run it locally on a webserver thats disconnected from the internet to generate your PDF bills. Thats not a scam, thats a great idea.

If you are too lazy to set up your own webserver, and you dont trust the OPs hosted solution, then dont use it. Its fine to point out potential security risks, its not fine to call this a scam IMO.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Like i fucking said be a hero! Port it to desktop!

Scam. This sends the keys back to a SERVER.

NO THANK YOU

So no investigation by you at all and instead of posting your concerns in a reasonable way, you run around yelling scammer.

Damn trolls.

Well then... let me try and redeem myself!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

NO THANK YOU

So no investigation by you at all and instead of posting your concerns in a reasonable way, you run around yelling scammer.

Damn trolls.
legendary

NO THANK YOU

Where in the source code is the code that does that?

I don't know. Can you show me where or where it does not? If it is a scam please confirm, if not please prove me wrong. I am not trying to discredit anyone.

The one who came here claiming it was a scam was you. I didn't even contradicted you, just asked where was the code that sends the private keys to a server. The proof burden is on you.
Are you from this world, dude?

NO THANK YOU

I don't know. Can you show me where or where it does not? If it is a scam please confirm, if not please prove me wrong. I am not trying to discredit anyone.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Okay, This is pretty damn neat. I believe this will stop the whole "Pay me for paper money" bullshit I've seen flying around as of late. HOWEVER. I'd rather be able to take this offline and print my bitcoin check that way.. I don't think he's going to blatantly scam you if he's got the source code up. I've downloaded it and will be taking a peek here tonight. I'm sure someone will beat me to it.

Not all users however are going to know how to setup a private web server. So may I suggest that a later build be geared for offline use?
legendary

NO THANK YOU

NO THANK YOU
Activity: 437
Merit: 415
1ninja
If you are web tech savy you could set up a web server on your computer and run it locally.

Rob, that is probably the only way people should use it.

Also, there are probably PHP scripts out there to generate addresses.
That way people would not have to be directed to bitaddress.org which might cause people to believe it is an all offline process.
Pages:
Jump to: