Pages:
Author

Topic: Privacy Coins - page 3. (Read 631 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 7
January 26, 2018, 01:48:09 PM
Monero - You can't go wrong with. King of Privacy and will be for a while.
Verge - Meh, don't trust the developers and they barely just released stealth. I only ever see people investing in Verge to try and make money, not use it for privacy.
DeepOnion - all hype/marketing, no tech. I feel like the only reason they have such a large community was because of the airdrop program. Concerning when it ends.

Another coin to check out would be Spectrecoin (XSPEC). Its got Tor, OBFS4 so it works in Tor blocked places like China & Iran, ring signatures, fast speeds, and its a Proof of Stake coin so you get a 5% yearly return on your coins if you're staking them. The 2.0 release for XSPEC is going to make stealth addresses default (right now they're optional) and introduce Stealth Staking. People don't think Stealth Staking is possible, so it could be a good investment if you get in before its implemented in Q2 2018. Feel free to join the slack and talk to the developers and do your own research.

So basically, I'd go with Monero if you're looking for something that works well RIGHT NOW. Should definitely look into XSPEC though.  

XSPEC is a scam.

The top 1000 holders own 99% of the coins.

It has a richlist, with a public blockchain where everything is visible.  

Notice how this person has nothing of quality to say about the topic at hand, he just follows threads around involving XSPEC and calls it a scam. He's just as bad as people that shill XSPEC saying "WILL 500X MOON I promise no doubt".

Top 1000 holders issue:
According to the public blockchain, a large amount of coins appear to be held by only a few wallets, is this an issue?

Some people express concern that a large amount of Spectrecoin is concentrated in a few wallets and that the individuals who own the wallets may sell a large quantity of Spectrecoin at once, thus causing the price to drop drastically.

If this were to occur it would simply be a natural process of supply and demand, and under most conditions the price would correct in a reasonable amount of time as buyers purchase the Spectrecoin for a cheaper price. Additionally as the daily traded volume of Spectrecoin increases, the chance of a significant price drop due to a large amount of Spectrecoin for sale on the market decreases.

Furthermore if it were to happen multiple times, the chance of it happening again would exponentially decrease as the Spectrecoins would be distributed more evenly throughout the network, further reducing the risk of a sudden massive sell-off of Spectrecoin by any single individual.

It would also be unwise for any single individual to sell a large amount of Spectrecoins at once because they would not receive a desirable price. It would make sense for the individual to sell them over time.

Similarly, there are large holders of Bitcoin, and although the price has changed dramatically at times due to supply and demand and market corrections, it has increased steadily over time as most large holders know it would be unwise to sell all at once.

Richlist and public blockchain:
Why does Spectrecoin have a rich list?

With the use of a block explorer it is possible to view the transactions that have occurred on the public blockchain; this data can be used to compile a rich list. However, any such list is inaccurate, as Spectrecoin has both public and stealth addresses, and the stealth addresses are not visible on the public blockchain.

Once stealth addresses and transactions become default with the planned 2.0 update, the already inaccurate rich list information will become obsolete.

Someone on the spectrum responded to me, heh.

So the defense of the top holders owning the majority of the coin, is:

It would also be unwise for any single individual to sell a large amount of Spectrecoins at once because they would not receive a desirable price. It would make sense for the individual to sell them over time.

So it would be unwise for the top holders to sell, so they are currently selling slow to milk their profits over time.  Heh.  So the top 1000 that own 99% and the top 100 that own 82% are going to slowly scam people.  Got it.  Is this Bitconnect 2.0?  Rhetorical question.

With the use of a block explorer it is possible to view the transactions that have occurred on the public blockchain; this data can be used to compile a rich list. However, any such list is inaccurate, as Spectrecoin has both public and stealth addresses, and the stealth addresses are not visible on the public blockchain. Once stealth addresses and transactions become default with the planned 2.0 update, the already inaccurate rich list information will become obsolete.

So in defense of the rich list, the current consensus is that they have one because only a few people use the OPTIONAL privacy features...  The rich list is inaccurate?  Currently the Top 1000 people OWN 99% of the coins.  If you want to see a more dramatic change in that, the coins need to be hidden.  But they're not.  It's fucking public because people are too dumb to figure out that XSPEC is not private.  The richlist shows the holders of the largest wallets because they are publically visible and they are MEANT to be visible.  No stealth addresses would change that.  They're public, and people can follow 99% of the transactions on the blockchain thats public.  They're not default currently.  Thus calling it a privacy coin right now is a SCAM.  In the future, once it has the features of other coins then we can have the talk about it being a privacy coin. At its current state it's NOT private.

XSPEC is a SCAM

You use the giant red text to take away from the fact that in your actual response, nothing that you are saying is of substance, otherwise you wouldn't need to do that and follow XSPEC around. No one is saying that XSPEC is by default, a completely private coin in its current state. How can you say that because a project hasn't implemented a feature thats currently on its roadmap, that its a scam? XSPEC has private capability ALREADY, its just not default.

Lets go with your ridiculous argument that the top 1000 people own 99% of the coins. Looking at the INACCURATE blockchain viewer (which by the way, can see wallets from exchanges) to break the Top 500 you would only need 1700 coins! I can't imagine how few coins you would need to break the Top 1000, because on that viewer, there are only 3271 total wallets. Its simply just a newer coin that not a lot of people have invested in yet. Once it gets more popular that spread is going to even out.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 01:47:04 PM
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich

Is that a Dev?  Bahahahahah... Scam.  Good luck with that "privacy" and half-assed coin.  Don't call it a privacy coin, you're misrepresenting it and people will get hurt because of the devs lack of rational thinking.

Are you retarded bro? then I would understand everything

George, quit posting your broken-English comments in every thread.
Activity: 350
Merit: 122
January 26, 2018, 01:43:06 PM
Verge - Meh, don't trust the developers and they barely just released stealth. I only ever see people investing in Verge to try and make money, not use it for privacy.
DeepOnion - all hype/marketing, no tech. I feel like the only reason they have such a large community was because of the airdrop program. Concerning when it ends.

Another coin to check out would be Spectrecoin (XSPEC). Its got Tor, OBFS4 so it works in Tor blocked places like China & Iran, ring signatures, fast speeds, and its a Proof of Stake coin so you get a 5% yearly return on your coins if you're staking them. The 2.0 release for XSPEC is going to make stealth addresses default (right now they're optional) and introduce Stealth Staking. People don't think Stealth Staking is possible, so it could be a good investment if you get in before its implemented in Q2 2018. Feel free to join the slack and talk to the developers and do your own research.

So basically, I'd go with Monero if you're looking for something that works well RIGHT NOW. Should definitely look into XSPEC though. 

I agree 100% with this post.  I'd like to add that the biggest hindrance for XSPEC is the lack of good exchange listing.  I think once it is listed on a major exchange it will spike.  Sadly, I think without that change, it cant grow too much.

There are other cheap anon coins worth considering like Aeon...who knows, they might pick up eventually.

Over all...Monero is still the safest bet.
Activity: 26
January 26, 2018, 01:41:51 PM

Is that a Dev?  Bahahahahah... Scam.  Good luck with that "privacy" and half-assed coin.  Don't call it a privacy coin, you're misrepresenting it and people will get hurt because of the devs lack of rational thinking.

Are you retarded bro? then I would understand everything
Activity: 142
January 26, 2018, 01:41:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll look into spectrecoin and some of these others mentioned.
January 26, 2018, 01:36:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
January 26, 2018, 01:32:03 PM
And what if one does not know code, how are they to decipher through all these coins? I mean most sound good but out of the bunch only a handful are going to make it or be anything by this years end, tough to chose a winner imho. For that reason I go with the already proven coins like DASH and ZEC but I still like to gamble a little and have coins like Onion and Cloak!

you don't have to be a coder to know. developers are open enough about how they implement things like this. stuff like dash private send is nothing more than official mixing. that's completely different to monero which is private through and through.
January 26, 2018, 01:31:17 PM

XSPEC is a scam.

Notice how this person has nothing of quality to say about the topic at hand, he just follows threads around involving XSPEC and calls it a scam. He's just as bad as people that shill XSPEC saying "WILL 500X MOON I promise no doubt".

Top 1000 holders issue:
According to the public blockchain, a large amount of coins appear to be held by only a few wallets, is this an issue?

Some people express concern that a large amount of Spectrecoin is concentrated in a few wallets and that the individuals who own the wallets may sell a large quantity of Spectrecoin at once, thus causing the price to drop drastically.

If this were to occur it would simply be a natural process of supply and demand, and under most conditions the price would correct in a reasonable amount of time as buyers purchase the Spectrecoin for a cheaper price. Additionally as the daily traded volume of Spectrecoin increases, the chance of a significant price drop due to a large amount of Spectrecoin for sale on the market decreases.

Furthermore if it were to happen multiple times, the chance of it happening again would exponentially decrease as the Spectrecoins would be distributed more evenly throughout the network, further reducing the risk of a sudden massive sell-off of Spectrecoin by any single individual.

Similarly, there are large holders of Bitcoin, and although the price has changed dramatically at times due to supply and demand and market corrections, it has increased steadily over time as most large holders know it would be unwise to sell all at once.

With the use of a block explorer it is possible to view the transactions that have occurred on the public blockchain; this data can be used to compile a rich list. However, any such list is inaccurate, as Spectrecoin has both public and stealth addresses, and the stealth addresses are not visible on the public blockchain.

Once stealth addresses and transactions become default with the planned 2.0 update, the already inaccurate rich list information will become obsolete.

Someone on the spectrum responded to me, heh.

So the defense of the top holders owning the majority of the coin, is:

So it would be unwise for the top holders to sell, so they are currently selling slow to milk their profits over time.  Heh.  So the top 1000 that own 99% and the top 100 that own 82% are going to slowly scam people.  Got it.  Is this Bitconnect 2.0?  Rhetorical question.

With the use of a block explorer it is possible to view the transactions that have occurred on the public blockchain; this data can be used to compile a rich list. However, any such list is inaccurate, as Spectrecoin has both public and stealth addresses, and the stealth addresses are not visible on the public blockchain. Once stealth addresses and transactions become default with the planned 2.0 update, the already inaccurate rich list information will become obsolete.

So in defense of the rich list, the current consensus is that they have one because only a few people use the OPTIONAL privacy features...  The rich list is inaccurate?  Currently the Top 1000 people OWN 99% of the coins.  If you want to see a more dramatic change in that, the coins need to be hidden.  But they're not.  It's fucking public because people are too dumb to figure out that XSPEC is not private.  The richlist shows the holders of the largest wallets because they are publically visible and they are MEANT to be visible.  No stealth addresses would change that.  They're public, and people can follow 99% of the transactions on the blockchain thats public.  They're not default currently.  Thus calling it a privacy coin right now is a SCAM.  In the future, once it has the features of other coins then we can have the talk about it being a privacy coin.  At its current state it's NOT private.

XSPEC is a SCAM
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
January 26, 2018, 01:27:23 PM
i would only trust a privacy coin with the privacy as an innate part of the code. there seem to be quite a few with an extra layer glued on top of it and the chances are it'll crack eventually.

And what if one does not know code, how are they to decipher through all these coins? I mean most sound good but out of the bunch only a handful are going to make it or be anything by this years end, tough to chose a winner imho. For that reason I go with the already proven coins like DASH and ZEC but I still like to gamble a little and have coins like Onion and Cloak!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
January 26, 2018, 01:20:49 PM
i would only trust a privacy coin with the privacy as an innate part of the code. there seem to be quite a few with an extra layer glued on top of it and the chances are it'll crack eventually.
Activity: 178
January 26, 2018, 11:51:57 AM

XSPEC is a scam.

f..ckyourself..
January 26, 2018, 11:39:50 AM

XSPEC is a scam.

Top 1000 holders issue:

Activity: 406
Merit: 104
January 26, 2018, 11:24:08 AM

XSPEC is a scam.

All you do in your post history is call SpectreCoin a scam. Don't you have anything better to do with your life?
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
January 26, 2018, 11:22:25 AM
Will name some:
PIVX: so far actitve dev team, with nice community to be around with, POS

DASH: I don't liek the fact that some % from mining goes to devs, its good for marketing and such stuff but why would you mine for somebody else?

ZCASH: is a bit questionable I'd say in terms of real privacy

IntenseCoin: recently heard about it, currently investigating more they are something like private coin + decentralized VPN at least this is their goal, mainly is based on cryptoNight but devs are trying to switch to something a like monero
January 26, 2018, 11:13:10 AM

XSPEC is a scam.

Activity: 406
Merit: 104
January 26, 2018, 11:10:46 AM

Well summarized.

I hold some SpectreCoin because why not, it has a lot of potential. Potential. If they deliver stealth staking it's going to be huge. If not, it's still a decent privacy coin with some of the best privacy tech.
January 26, 2018, 10:05:52 AM

Activity: 142
January 26, 2018, 05:50:21 AM
I'm very interested in privacy coins. With all the speculation about government involvement in regulation, I believe lots of people will gravitate towards Privacy. What are your thoughts on the different privacy coins available? Obviously Monero is established, Verge seems to be having on the up and up, and I've heard very good things about the tech behind DeepOnion. Any thoughts on these coins or any other privacy coins?
Pages:
Jump to: