Pages:
Author

Topic: Privacy is not a crime, learn to do it yourself (DIY) - page 2. (Read 445 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
What is the safest crypto wallet for android smartphone? Not everyone has laptops or hardware wallets all android crypto wallets can't be closed source or I'm wrong?

If you intend to store bitcoin on your wallet, download Bluewallet, it's an open source but for Altcoins, that's another entire thing.
You can always create independent wallet of your choice.
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
-snip-
Your post contains a lot of good advice, but most of it is improving user security, rather than privacy. Open source non custodial wallets, not installing unnecessary software/apps/extensions/add-ons, installing latest updates, and so on, are all great advice to increase your security, but don't do very much for your privacy. For exasmple, an open source non custodial wallet like Electrum, while good for your security, can be very bad for your privacy depending on how you use it. Better advice from a privacy point of view would be to run your own node.

I use trust wallet which I heard it's open source, I think it should be in your list as one of the safest mobile wallet for newbies
Trust wallet is closed source and owned by Binance. Terrible for both your security and your privacy. It should be nowhere near any list of good wallets.
What is the safest crypto wallet for android smartphone? Not everyone has laptops or hardware wallets all android crypto wallets can't be closed source or I'm wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
You can check this list of open source hardware wallets:

Open Source Hardware Wallets

For privacy, Bitcoin Core will be preferable, to run full node.

The best bitcoin online simplified payment verification (SPV) wallet which are the ones people are most commonly using is Electrum. Mycelium is not bad either.

Your post contains a lot of good advice, but most of it is improving user security, rather than privacy.
That is true, there are many ways bitcoin users are not private but using noncustododial wallets which is not included at all in the OP.

I use trust wallet which I heard it's open source, I think it should be in your list as one of the safest mobile wallet for newbies
Trust wallet is closed source and owned by Binance. Terrible for both your security and your privacy. It should be nowhere near any list of good wallets.
What I have noticed is that if dealing with altcoins, it is best to go for hardware wallet which are open source because online wallets that support many altcoins are not open source, Trustwallet is also one of them that is also not open source.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587
-snip-
Your post contains a lot of good advice, but most of it is improving user security, rather than privacy. Open source non custodial wallets, not installing unnecessary software/apps/extensions/add-ons, installing latest updates, and so on, are all great advice to increase your security, but don't do very much for your privacy. For exasmple, an open source non custodial wallet like Electrum, while good for your security, can be very bad for your privacy depending on how you use it. Better advice from a privacy point of view would be to run your own node.

Activity: 234
Merit: 35
Moon.win
I use trust wallet which I heard it's open source, I think it should be in your list as one of the safest mobile wallet for newbies, I also think that the greatest privacy every newbies should take serious is not replying PM from strangers, no one is ready to help you by PMing you first, it's always a luring trick, in crypto space it's always each man for himself and the best place to ask for help is this forum, watch out for PMs on telegram most especially no good comes out of it
Activity: 1344
Merit: 742
Privacy is protected by two sides: service provider and user. A good service can not provide good privacy for user if user does not follow user manual and requirement to maintain privacy.

It is applied for Bitcoin transactions, wallets, how we use the Internet and more.

Good topics on security and privacy
Introduction about Privacy-o-meter. It is to check estimated score for privacy of your transactions. It helps you to check your past transaction score and improve your transaction in future.
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
Hardware wallet
1. Trezor model one
2. Trezor model T
3. Ledger Nano X
4. Ledger Nano S
5. Coldcard (but more complicated to use)

Online wallets
1. Mycelium mobile wallet
2. Electrum desktop wallet

Both Electrum and Mycelium wallets are open source, although there have been complaints regarding Mycelium's inaccurate balance display and lack of synchronization due to a lack of frequent updates.

Pages:
Jump to: