Pages:
Author

Topic: Pro gun mom got shot by her 4 years old son - page 2. (Read 2238 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Yeah and we're saying you can't...

Let's imagine one of your neighboor didn't obey a law. He should go to prison. You think the law is dumb. Your whole village gather and decide to protect your "community" from government. So what? You're going to fight the army?

Hey look more shifting goal posts! Sorry but the Army doesn't enforce domestic law here. Additionally we aren't talking about ignoring laws. I am talking about defending the law, people's lives, and freedoms from criminals within the government, not the entire fucking army, but you gun control freaks love to bring everything to its most extreme possible interpretation don't you?

I don't even know what you're talking about... You want to defend yourself with guns from representatives of the state while not ignoring the law? Please explain me how you might do so xD
No you didn't. You didn't gave any argument.
Please prove your claim "guns for everyone is better than no gun and makes the society safer".

Actually I did. You tried to state that the people could never resist the government by implying they have such superior weaponry we wouldn't have a chance. I refuted that argument by giving an example of a place where people still live in caves and only have small arms and still managed to hold back the most powerful military on earth. You keep moving those goalposts tho when you have to avoid the flaws in your own arguments. As far as your demand I prove "guns for everyone is better than no gun and makes the society safer", I never actually said that, so I am not going to waste my time. Try picking a statement I actually made instead of speaking for me then expecting me to defend your interpretation of my words.
Great. So we agree, a society without guns is safer. Thanks and good bye.
Activity: 448
This is what happens with any fucking gun control argument, yes, very often when confronted with facts the pro gun control side immediately resorts to this kind of crap, if that's all you have to back yourself up with af_newbie then no wonder your not getting anywhere. It's fucking tiresome seeing supposed adults who are allowed to vote resort to mocking the other side claiming they masturbate to guns when they don't get their way.

Facts? Facts? You saw facts? All I saw is this dumb Tecshare using the worst examples ever and insulting others... Didn't see any fact anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
This is what happens with any fucking gun control argument, yes, very often when confronted with facts the pro gun control side immediately resorts to this kind of crap, if that's all you have to back yourself up with af_newbie then no wonder your not getting anywhere. It's fucking tiresome seeing supposed adults who are allowed to vote resort to mocking the other side claiming they masturbate to guns when they don't get their way.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
So enjoy your guns, masturbate to them for all I care, and watch TV for the next shooting :-)
Give this lady access to full auto AK47s while you are at it...She has the RIGHT to own them.

Good one. So I demolished your sad excuse for an argument, so my demand for freedom = masturbating to guns. Makes sense. Also you are showing your ignorance about firearms and the law in the US even more. Even in states where full auto AK-47's are legal for the general public (most states full auto is not legal for anyone but police and military), they still have to get special federal permits that include a more thorough background check, but why let facts get in the way of a good bias?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
30 000 deaths every year by guns in the USA

Most of which are suicides (exercises of a human right) and self-defense (exercises of a human right), but go ahead, dance in the blood of the exceedingly rare victim of a kid-inflicted GSW to "justify" enabling more democide of disarmed & defenseless innocents.
Activity: 434
Young but I'm not that bold
this is just an accident that might happen even if there was no gun at home as the child might throw her with knife. so the problem is not with gun control, the problem is keeping weapons in a safe place away from children
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Did I say to strip citizens from the right to own or carry arms?  I said to take away guns form people who give guns to 4 year olds and get shot in return (for example).  People like that are dangerous.  They should not be allowed to own guns, EVER.

US gun regulation (or lack of) is out of control.  So blame YOURSELF for blindly supporting 2nd amendment next time a kid takes a gun from their parents, shoots them dead, gets to a mall or school and kills 20-30 people.

Blindly supporting laws that allow insane people to own, have access to guns or to store them unsafely, is nuts and irresponsible, IMHO.

I understand it is not easy, NRA political grip is strong, any bills that attempt to restrict 2nd amendment will not have enough support to even be introduced.

I'm saying it should be a grass roots movement to correct the wrongs of this law.  Once enough people would agree that the changes are needed, politicians will go with it.

But rejecting any proposals to reform gun control laws, you'll be just counting bodies of innocent people who died because of your blind support of a really bad idea.

No, you didn't, but your "simple" ideas will easily lead to people being stripped of those rights. There are no laws that allowed her to do this,she did it because she is irresponsible. Laws won't make irresponsible people magically more responsible. In fact what she did is already illegal! The prosecutor just decided that she was the injured party, she had already suffered enough and decided not to prosecute which is at their discretion as prosecutors, it doesn't mean there isn't a law against it. Also its not just the NRA, THE PEOPLE largely do not want gun control. Mostly a minority of hysterical control freaks driven by media fear mongering are the ones pushing gun control, and 9 times out of 10 they have never even held a gun and know nothing about firearms to begin with to even make an informed decision about them. Gun control freaks ALWAYS appeal to emotion to sell their ideology. Debating gun control advocates is like debating moody teenage girls on their periods. Everything upsets them to tears, and their emotional trauma is obviously caused by guns, certainly not their own emotional instability!

So enjoy your guns, masturbate to them for all I care, and watch TV for the next shooting :-)

Give this lady access to full auto AK47s while you are at it...She has the RIGHT to own them.

Sounds reasonable. Give her all the guns she wants. She learned her lesson. She will be a lot more careful. But you don't deserve any guns, because you haven't learned your lesson. People are free. Except you, you slave by personal design.

Cool
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Did I say to strip citizens from the right to own or carry arms?  I said to take away guns form people who give guns to 4 year olds and get shot in return (for example).  People like that are dangerous.  They should not be allowed to own guns, EVER.

US gun regulation (or lack of) is out of control.  So blame YOURSELF for blindly supporting 2nd amendment next time a kid takes a gun from their parents, shoots them dead, gets to a mall or school and kills 20-30 people.

Blindly supporting laws that allow insane people to own, have access to guns or to store them unsafely, is nuts and irresponsible, IMHO.

I understand it is not easy, NRA political grip is strong, any bills that attempt to restrict 2nd amendment will not have enough support to even be introduced.

I'm saying it should be a grass roots movement to correct the wrongs of this law.  Once enough people would agree that the changes are needed, politicians will go with it.

But rejecting any proposals to reform gun control laws, you'll be just counting bodies of innocent people who died because of your blind support of a really bad idea.

No, you didn't, but your "simple" ideas will easily lead to people being stripped of those rights. There are no laws that allowed her to do this,she did it because she is irresponsible. Laws won't make irresponsible people magically more responsible. In fact what she did is already illegal! The prosecutor just decided that she was the injured party, she had already suffered enough and decided not to prosecute which is at their discretion as prosecutors, it doesn't mean there isn't a law against it. Also its not just the NRA, THE PEOPLE largely do not want gun control. Mostly a minority of hysterical control freaks driven by media fear mongering are the ones pushing gun control, and 9 times out of 10 they have never even held a gun and know nothing about firearms to begin with to even make an informed decision about them. Gun control freaks ALWAYS appeal to emotion to sell their ideology. Debating gun control advocates is like debating moody teenage girls on their periods. Everything upsets them to tears, and their emotional trauma is obviously caused by guns, certainly not their own emotional instability!
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
It is very simple.  Some people should not be allowed to own or use guns.  Guns should be confiscated from those people as they are endangering themselves and others around them.  Yes, guns will be used to confiscate guns from them.  How in the world you got to the hypocrite part?  Do you even know what the word means?

How do you disarm a lunatic with a gun in a theater?  With other guns.  No sure what is your point?

If you change the laws, that 2nd amendment right will not apply to you if you don't meet new legal requirements.  So your guns would be confiscated from you.  If you resist, guns will be used to force you
to comply with the law.  If you confront police with fire, you'll be dead.  Just like today, if you try to fire at a cop, you'll be dead within minutes, hours or days.

Which part of my argument you don't understand?

Actually, its not simple at all. Your idea is simple. The reality of implementing it is not simple. Who shouldn't have guns? Who decides this? Based on what standards? Who enforces these standards? What is stopping them from abusing this system to strip gun rights from people who should rightfully be allowed to own guns? Your "simple" point is fraught with tons of holes, which is why most pro-gun people reject any form of gun control outright, because nothing is stopping the government from abusing that process until no one can be armed.

Like he already said before, in the USA, the constitution is the supreme law of the land. Any law counter to the constitution is not lawful, including your half baked gun control plans.

"How do you disarm a lunatic with a gun in a theater?  With other guns."

Absolutely. Now please tell me the magic powers that a costume and a badge grant people to do this better than any other law abiding citizen with a gun, and please don't tell me training, because most Police in the US are extremely poorly trained. In fact a lot of them are criminals themselves, which is exactly why citizens need to be armed so they are not so easily victimized by these thugs in costume operating under color of law. Even assuming they have your best interests at heart, they still get there in minutes when seconds count.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-civil-rights-prosecutions/
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/weekinreview/09baker.html?

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
It is very simple.  Some people should not be allowed to own or use guns.  Guns should be confiscated from those people as they are endangering themselves and others around them.  Yes, guns will be used to confiscate guns from them.  How in the world you got to the hypocrite part?  Do you even know what the word means?

How do you disarm a lunatic with a gun in a theater?  With other guns.  No sure what is your point?

If you change the laws, that 2nd amendment right will not apply to you if you don't meet new legal requirements.  So your guns would be confiscated from you.  If you resist, guns will be used to force you
to comply with the law.  If you confront police with fire, you'll be dead.  Just like today, if you try to fire at a cop, you'll be dead within minutes, hours or days.

Actually, its not simple at all. Your idea is simple. The reality of implementing it is not simple. Who shouldn't have guns? Who decides this? Based on what standards? Who enforces these standards? What is stopping them from abusing this system to strip gun rights from people who should rightfully be allowed to own guns? Your "simple" point is fraught with tons of holes, which is why most pro-gun people reject any form of gun control outright, because nothing is stopping the government from abusing that process until no one can be armed.

Like he already said before, in the USA, the constitution is the supreme law of the land. Any law counter to the constitution is not lawful, including your half baked gun control plans.

"How do you disarm a lunatic with a gun in a theater?  With other guns."

Absolutely. Now please tell me the magic powers that a costume and a badge grant people to do this better than any other law abiding citizen with a gun, and please don't tell me training, because most Police in the US are extremely poorly trained. In fact a lot of them are criminals themselves, which is exactly why citizens need to be armed so they are not so easily victimized by these thugs in costume operating under color of law. Even assuming they have your best interests at heart, they still get there in minutes when seconds count.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-civil-rights-prosecutions/
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/weekinreview/09baker.html?
legendary

Giving access to all citizens because of 2nd amendment is just too broad so you allow all people to own guns, people who should not be trusted with screwdrivers, never mind guns.

So you want some people to stop other people from having guns? How would they do it? By using guns?

You pass the laws.  If someone breaks guns laws, it is a matter for police and courts.

If the existing gun owners don't meet the new legal requirements, their guns would be confiscated by police and sold at auctions.  Proceeds can be used to pay off some of US 19T+ debt  Wink

You are so focused on your own righteousness that you can't even see the nose on your face. His point is gun control MUST be enforced, you guessed it, by using guns. Armed police with guns will be required to enforce your anti-gun policy, but hey lets not let something minor like hypocrisy get in the way of a good antigun hysteria eh?

Laws are enforced using guns.  What is your point? 

You pass the laws, if you are on the wrong side, you face a long arm of the law.  Not sure what are you arguing?  You want to break the law?  Go rob a bank with your guns, see what happens.

I'm saying you should screen people and allow gun ownership to sane people who would store and use guns safely.  Not give guns to a 4 year old.  That family should be banned (forever) from owning guns.

Anything else is just irresponsible.

...and even more shifting goal posts! We are arguing you are a hypocrite demanding the use of guns to disarm people. Your inability to have this contradiction enter your brain doesn't invalidate the argument.

The part that isn't understandable is how to not allow. Whoever does the not allowing, will need to do it with guns.

It should be the other way around. The people should all have guns so that they can disallow others from taking their guns - and anything/everything else - away.

Cool
legendary

Giving access to all citizens because of 2nd amendment is just too broad so you allow all people to own guns, people who should not be trusted with screwdrivers, never mind guns.

So you want some people to stop other people from having guns? How would they do it? By using guns?

You pass the laws.  If someone breaks guns laws, it is a matter for police and courts.

If the existing gun owners don't meet the new legal requirements, their guns would be confiscated by police and sold at auctions.  Proceeds can be used to pay off some of US 19T+ debt  Wink

You are so focused on your own righteousness that you can't even see the nose on your face. His point is gun control MUST be enforced, you guessed it, by using guns. Armed police with guns will be required to enforce your anti-gun policy, but hey lets not let something minor like hypocrisy get in the way of a good antigun hysteria eh?

You pass the laws, if you are on the wrong side, you face a long arm of the law.  Not sure what are you arguing?  You want to break the law?  Go rob a bank with your guns, see what happens.

I'm saying you should screen people and allow gun ownership to sane people who would store and use guns safely.  Not give guns to a 4 year old.  That family should be banned (forever) from owning guns.

In America, the Preamble to the Constitution is supreme law. This means that if the Constitution and ANY or ALL of the laws that flow out of it are not a benefit to a person (except when he harms his neighbor) then the laws do not stand, if they go against the Preamble. The Preamble says that government was created to be a benefit to the people.

If you steal my gun, you steal my property. If you are the government of laws and you steal my property by law or any other way, you are not being a benefit to me. You are not doing the thing you were created for in the Preamble. You are acting outside of government and foundational law. You are a wrongdoer. You deserve punishment.

Go ahead and screen people. But you better do it by being a benefit to them in their own thinking. If you are not a benefit to them according to their own thinking, you are a wrongdoer, except if you are stopping them from harming someone else. But you better be sure about what you are doing.

This governmental set-up has the same effect in Canada, the U.K., Australia, India, Bangladesh, and a few other countries, even though these countries may not have the same structure as the United States.

Cool
legendary

legendary
I won't add anything to the irony of this situation. It's just incredible that she doesn't realize how lucky she was to have a second chance. Most never had it.
30 000 deaths every year by guns in the USA. The highest murder rate of the Western world. Maybe start to think about it?
Anyway, seems at least her son can't aim well!

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/progun-mum-jamie-gilt-will-never-give-up-her-guns-despite-being-shit-by-son-family-say/news-story/36303137d00bab41c3e8eaa936e3319f

A MUM who was accidentally shot by her four-year-old son “will never give up her guns”, her family have announced.
Family members said Jamie Gilt will still be pro-gun — despite being almost killed in an accidental shooting in her truck.
Ms Gilt, 31, is in a stable condition and faces criminal charges after her son found a fully loaded .45 handgun next to his child booster seat and pulled the trigger.
The boy’s grandmother Jane Bramble told The Sun the youngster has no idea that he had almost killed his mum.
And she insisted her daughter would not change her opinion about owning guns — and will keep the semi automatic gun fired in the incident.
“This was an accident and nothing more,” said the 71-year-old from Palaka, Florida.
“All the gun control people are jumping on this, but it will not change her opinion about owning guns.
“She is very pro-gun and will not change her opinion about owning them.
“She will keep her guns and I’m happy that she will.”

Ms Bramble said her grandson was unaffected by the shooting.
“He is sitting opposite me eating pancakes and has no idea what he did. It was an accident, that is all it was.”
Ms Bramble refused to say how her grandson got hold of the loaded weapon.
“I don’t want to go into that now,” she said.
“I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers in this difficult time.
“The family wants to remain private and focus on the long road of healing ahead.”
Days before the shooting Ms Gilt had used social media to support the right to own guns and boasted that her son knew how to shoot.
“All of ours know how to shoot too. Even my 4-year-old gets jacked up to target shoot the .22,” she wrote in a Facebook posting.
As well as a personal account Ms Gilt has a Facebook page called “Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense”
The four-year-old boy has not been named and is in the care of his grandmother while social services launch an investigation. Police said he will not face any charges.
Ms Gilt was driving to her sister’s home near Jacksonville, Florida, when the youngster fired a single shot into the driver’s seat.

The bullet passed through her back and exited out of her stomach.
A police officer saw the driver waving at him frantically and when he approached the vehicle Ms Gilt said her son had shot her in the back.
Police found a handgun on the floor of the vehicle and the boy was unrestrained in the child booster seat.
Ms Gilt was flown by air ambulance to the UF Hospital in Gainesville where she remains in a stable condition.
She has yet to be interviewed by police as doctors have said she is not medically fit to make a statement.
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said Ms Gilt could face a negligence charge if it was found the boy had easy access to the gun.
However, a former state prosecutor said it was unlikely Ms Gilt would be charged as she had suffered enough.
Harry Shorstein said “You have to put great weight on the fact that the person who is criminally liable is the one who was shot.
“I’d be very reluctant to prosecute in this situation.”

he who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword .. it is really hard to  understand those pro gun people and this woman still insist on having a gun inside of her house .. this is so insane.. if i were her shoes , i would completely get rid of all the guns i have. for sure..

You miss the point. "he who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword" has to do with living. Two things:
1. He who lives by the gun (sword) may become a murder and lose his soul, if he is not careful;
2. He who lives not by the gun, will die by whatever he lives by....

... and it just might be the gun that he dies by if he is not prepared to do self-defense in a way that works.

Let's hope that people who live, whether it be by the gun or not, get some better sense about the way that they live.

Cool
legendary
First Exclusion Ever

...and even more shifting goal posts! We are arguing you are a hypocrite demanding the use of guns to disarm people. Your inability to have this contradiction enter your brain doesn't invalidate the argument.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
he who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword .. it is really hard to  understand those pro gun people and this woman still insist on having a gun inside of her house .. this is so insane.. if i were her shoes , i would completely get rid of all the guns i have. for sure..

If you were her shoes you would sit in her closet in the dark. BTW that parable of living by the sword is from the bible as well as other Greek classics. It means those who live by violence die by violence. Guns are not violent. People are. No matter how much you want to personify an inanimate object with your stigmas and misconceptions, you still will not change the fact that guns don't make people violent. People CHOOSE to be violent, and guns and laws against guns are not part of the considerations of violent people no matter how much you try to wish it so.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028
I won't add anything to the irony of this situation. It's just incredible that she doesn't realize how lucky she was to have a second chance. Most never had it.
30 000 deaths every year by guns in the USA. The highest murder rate of the Western world. Maybe start to think about it?
Anyway, seems at least her son can't aim well!

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/progun-mum-jamie-gilt-will-never-give-up-her-guns-despite-being-shit-by-son-family-say/news-story/36303137d00bab41c3e8eaa936e3319f

A MUM who was accidentally shot by her four-year-old son “will never give up her guns”, her family have announced.
Family members said Jamie Gilt will still be pro-gun — despite being almost killed in an accidental shooting in her truck.
Ms Gilt, 31, is in a stable condition and faces criminal charges after her son found a fully loaded .45 handgun next to his child booster seat and pulled the trigger.
The boy’s grandmother Jane Bramble told The Sun the youngster has no idea that he had almost killed his mum.
And she insisted her daughter would not change her opinion about owning guns — and will keep the semi automatic gun fired in the incident.
“This was an accident and nothing more,” said the 71-year-old from Palaka, Florida.
“All the gun control people are jumping on this, but it will not change her opinion about owning guns.
“She is very pro-gun and will not change her opinion about owning them.
“She will keep her guns and I’m happy that she will.”

Ms Bramble said her grandson was unaffected by the shooting.
“He is sitting opposite me eating pancakes and has no idea what he did. It was an accident, that is all it was.”
Ms Bramble refused to say how her grandson got hold of the loaded weapon.
“I don’t want to go into that now,” she said.
“I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers in this difficult time.
“The family wants to remain private and focus on the long road of healing ahead.”
Days before the shooting Ms Gilt had used social media to support the right to own guns and boasted that her son knew how to shoot.
“All of ours know how to shoot too. Even my 4-year-old gets jacked up to target shoot the .22,” she wrote in a Facebook posting.
As well as a personal account Ms Gilt has a Facebook page called “Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense”
The four-year-old boy has not been named and is in the care of his grandmother while social services launch an investigation. Police said he will not face any charges.
Ms Gilt was driving to her sister’s home near Jacksonville, Florida, when the youngster fired a single shot into the driver’s seat.

The bullet passed through her back and exited out of her stomach.
A police officer saw the driver waving at him frantically and when he approached the vehicle Ms Gilt said her son had shot her in the back.
Police found a handgun on the floor of the vehicle and the boy was unrestrained in the child booster seat.
Ms Gilt was flown by air ambulance to the UF Hospital in Gainesville where she remains in a stable condition.
She has yet to be interviewed by police as doctors have said she is not medically fit to make a statement.
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said Ms Gilt could face a negligence charge if it was found the boy had easy access to the gun.
However, a former state prosecutor said it was unlikely Ms Gilt would be charged as she had suffered enough.
Harry Shorstein said “You have to put great weight on the fact that the person who is criminally liable is the one who was shot.
“I’d be very reluctant to prosecute in this situation.”

legendary
First Exclusion Ever

legendary
2nd amendment is too broad. We are not equal.  We have lots of morons.  Morons should not have access to guns, ever!

BTW, if you think you can win with the present day US army with your rifles and handguns, you should make an appointment to see a psychiatrist.

And who gets to decide who should get to have guns? You?

Also I never said anything about "winning" against the US army. I am not talking about a head to head battle (as if that would ever even happen), I am talking about defending one's self and one's community from state sponsored terror in the form of individual peoples representing the state. That is most certainly attainable.

In Canada, you can have most of the guns you can get in US, but you have to go through an extensive background check, pass safety courses.  For handguns, you have to show you belong to a shooting club.

All permits are issued by the police.

I think in the US, you could introduce a similar screening process so that you can determine who can be trusted to own and store guns safely.

You can leave it the way it is and let the natural selection take care of things.  But some innocent people will die in the process.

Pages:
Jump to: