Pages:
Author

Topic: Probing for Community Interest - page 2. (Read 2161 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
November 21, 2012, 03:38:14 AM
I plan to heavily test the site before opening it to the public. People will just have to wait a few hours for an appropriate number of confirmations for each type of coin to be determined in beta testing.
That doesn't help though. If someone has greater than 50% you can wait as many hours as you want but they can still double spend. I'm not trying to trash your idea, I'm just giving you a heads up on the risk from someone who had an i0coin exchange double spent in this manner for about 200 btc. It was an expensive lesson.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
November 21, 2012, 12:00:48 AM
I want to see this project go forward. Need a place to trade my alt alt coin.  Smiley

LOL, I think a LOT of us do...
November 21, 2012, 12:00:14 AM
I am thinking about setting up an exchange specifically for alt-coins which currently lack an exchange for one reason or another.
How do you plan to protect against double spend attacks on low hash rate alt-coins?

I plan to heavily test the site before opening it to the public. People will just have to wait a few hours for an appropriate number of confirmations for each type of coin to be determined in beta testing. I sometimes have to wait a few hours for my coins to confirm at some of the exchanges, it doesn't bother me and those exchanges seem to be doing just fine.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
November 20, 2012, 10:58:35 PM
I am thinking about setting up an exchange specifically for alt-coins which currently lack an exchange for one reason or another.
How do you plan to protect against double spend attacks on low hash rate alt-coins?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006
November 20, 2012, 10:35:31 PM
I want to see this project go forward. Need a place to trade my alt alt coin.  Smiley
November 20, 2012, 10:33:06 PM

For example, Terracoin, Solidcoin, Liquidcoin, I0Coin, etc...

I would most likely use the open-source software from either Intersango or Bitcoin-Central but I am also open to suggestions from the community.
Pages:
Jump to: