Pages:
Author

Topic: Problem with Blockchain.com - page 2. (Read 530 times)

copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
November 16, 2021, 02:54:20 PM
Since there is higher chance you can recover your coins, as what mentioned above you can get more $$$$ if you claim other bitcoin forks using the private keys of your bitcoin.

You can follow these steps on how to get those, following security measures too LoyceV's Bitcoin Fork claiming guide (and service)
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
November 16, 2021, 02:29:54 PM
but now as I am trying to recover my account it's giving no information about this.
~Snipped~
I have my Email
In addition to the above posts, you might want to go over the authorization emails that they've sent you before and look for the "wallet identifier [it's at the footer area of their emails]" and try using that one instead for logging in to their wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
November 16, 2021, 02:24:39 PM
With some luck it may be working with IanColeman tool. https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/releases/latest/
It won't work.
The IanColeman tool can be used only if your seed phrase is BIP39.
The seed phrase generated by blockchain.com before their 2016 upgrade were not BIP39. These old seeds were generated by blockchain.com using their own algorithm.

OP should use the link shared by DaveF in the above post.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
November 16, 2021, 02:18:01 PM
1) Make sure your PC is 100% clean and virus free
2) Check it again.
3) https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password
That link is for the  legacy wallet recovery mnemonic
4) Move your BTC to something more secure then a web wallet.

Ask around here if you have any issues, We are mostly friendly people.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
November 16, 2021, 02:13:55 PM
With some luck it may be working with IanColeman tool. https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/releases/latest/
But you should really copy it and try it out offline on a clean computer and if it works, move the coins to a hardware wallet. 10BTC worth a lot of money and you will also be able to cash in some fork coins too.
If you find out the private key for the address with the actual money, you'll be able to import that in basically any wallet.
Activity: 12
Merit: 12
November 16, 2021, 02:05:13 PM
Are you sure you have exactly 12 words? If so, I doubt those words have anything to do with blockchain.com wallet.

Blockchain.com started to use 12 word BIP39 seed phrase in 2016.
As you say you created your wallet in 2013 (which is before their upgrade), your seed phrase should include 16-17 words.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake because I just check again it's not 12 it's 18 words seed I just check again and count words now sure about these 18 words.

Now correcting in Post 1
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
November 16, 2021, 02:01:32 PM
I have my 12 word seed.
Are you sure you have exactly 12 words? If so, I doubt those words have anything to do with blockchain.com wallet.

Blockchain.com started to use 12 word BIP39 seed phrase in 2016.
As you say you created your wallet in 2013 (which is before their upgrade), your seed phrase should include 16-17 words.

Search in your email inbox and see if there's a .json file. You can recover your wallet if you manage to find it.
Activity: 12
Merit: 12
November 16, 2021, 01:53:23 PM
Today I joined this forum because I have some trouble with my account as posted in headline. I read few other threads related to this topic but still creating my own because I don't want to hijack some other's thread, or maybe it's against rule.
I bought nearly 10 bitcoins when I was in early days of college, it's all happen because of my teacher who was also involved in this community. It's happen in 2013 price was around $450 to $500 I stored them in this wallet and have back up of 18 word seed and I also have my password both 100% secure and correct but now as I am trying to recover my account it's giving no information about this. I also have my email address from where I register but now nothing happening any suggestion or help could be really appreciated.

For Information posting again.

I have my password.

I have my 18 word seed.

I have my Email nothing else.
Pages:
Jump to: