Pages:
Author

Topic: Problem with Stake.com Signature - page 4. (Read 1991 times)

copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
June 09, 2019, 10:40:06 PM
A representative of stake.com did not immidiately respond to a request for comment.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
June 09, 2019, 10:39:56 PM
As it is known by a decent number of people, the Stake.com signature campaign is causing some problems with the amount of spam and junk posts it is generating.

I had a little bit of free time today, and decided to put this into numbers.

As some have complained about, there is no public spreadsheet with stake signature campaign participants, so it is difficult to know for sure who is in the campaign. For the purposes of this thread, I am assuming anyone who submitted an application, and is currently wearing a signature that contains "stake.com" they are in the campaign. There were only a small number of participants who it is apparent were not immidiately accepted into the campaign, and this mostly appears to be because of missed applications.  

To obtain the number of posts have been deleted written by each forum member, I used bpip.org, and the data is starting from whenever they started keeping track of the number of deleted posts, presumably approximately a year ago.

Based on the above, there are 173 participants in the stake signature campaign.

In regards to merit, the stake signature campaign has not attracted very high merit posters:
Of Stake.com signature campaign participants:
Average Merit: 9.74566474
Median Merit: 3
Number of participants with:
Above 20 Merit: 22 12.17%
Above 30 Merit: 15 8.09%
Above 50 Merit: 5 2.89%
Under 5 merit: 106 61.27%
1 or less merit: 69 39.88%

The stake.com signature campaign participants have had a lot of posts deleted:
Of Stake.com signature campaign participants:
Average number of deleted posts: 11.9017341
Median number of deleted posts: 6
Number of participants with:
Above 5 deleted posts: 87 50.28%
>10 deleted posts: 52 30.05%
> 50 Delete posts: 10 5.78%

I am not sure what the circumstances were in regards to why these people had their posts deleted. For example, if they had an active sales thread open for a long time and forgot to delete some old bumps, it might not be a huge deal to have some posts deleted.

I did not run the names of who applied for their signature campaign up against users who are currently banned, however while looking through their signature campaign thread, I saw many users who had their signature blanked out, which is an indication the person may be permabanned. I did not keep track of the number of these people, but I would estimate a solid 20-30 users had their signature blanked out who had applied to participate in the stake.com signature campaign. (I would estimate this would make up about 15% of the number of participants).

I also have many anecdotal examples of people wearing stake.com signatures either posting nonsense, or posting something that clearly indicates they have not read the thread, and their posts have not been removed as of when I read their posts.  

Based on the above, I think some, or all of the below should happen:
*Stake.com signatures should be banned/disallowed/blacklisted for a period of time -- this is based on both the high number of deleted posts spread among many wearing the stake.com signature, and the high number of people who applied for the stake.com campaign who are apparently permabanned now.
*Those who are currently wearing stake.com signatures should be cross referenced against those who are currently banned to check for ban evasion -- this is based on the high percentage of participants who have earned zero or a single merit, which I believe to be an indication of farmers.
*The merit history of the below people should be reviewed for possible abuse, based on the below numbers.
*The below people should be considered for a temp/perma ban, if they have not previously been banned for low quality posts + paid signature AND have not subsequently had a large number of their posts deleted

Needs to be reviewed for merit abuse:
Bitinity merit received: 56 | Posts deleted: 29
LUCKMCFLY merit received: 40 | Posts deleted: 51
Haunebu merit received: 34 | Posts deleted: 30
cryptjh merit received: 23 | Posts deleted: 35
alisafidel58 merit received: 26 | Posts deleted: 32
r1a2y3m4 merit received: 19 | Posts deleted: 22
CryptoBry merit received: 39 | Posts deleted: 29
jake zyrus merit received: 21 | Posts deleted: 26
Yatsan merit received: 40 | Posts deleted: 94
Adriano2010 merit received 40 | Posts deleted: 94

Needs to be reviewed for a temp/perma ban:
blockman Posts Deleted: 42
mrdeposit Posts Deleted: 45
Bitinity Posts Deleted: 29
steampunkz Posts Deleted: 54
LUCKMCFLY Posts Deleted: 51 (should be in below list if there is merit abuse)
xvids Posts Deleted: 42
Haunebu Posts Deleted: 30
Adriano2010 Posts Deleted: 56
lyks15 Posts Deleted: 93 (should be in below list if there is merit abuse)
cryptjh Posts Deleted: 35
alisafidel58 Posts Deleted: 32
Ximoandali Posts Deleted: 28
CryptoBry Posts Deleted: 29
Yatsan Posts Deleted: 94 (should be in below list if there is merit abuse)

The following people should be reviewed for a permaban, and should be permabanned unless there are some kind of special circumstances (such as many of their deleted posts are old bumps, or other posts that are not "spam"):
Catmurs Posts Deleted: 127
Akshat21 Posts Deleted: 110
okala Posts Deleted: 64
furylmz Posts Deleted: 58
Carrelmae10 Posts Deleted: 56

Deleted posts are deleted by moderators.

corrected above lists to match information from my spreadsheet

Edit: June 14// removed request to have Stake signatures blacklisted. I do think checking for ban evasion, merit abuse, and ban review for those who had many posts removed is still appropriate.
Pages:
Jump to: