Pages:
Author

Topic: [Project Canceled] 'AN VERITAS, AN NIHIL' - Canceled. - page 2. (Read 1053 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 185
If you are going to copy some piece about 95%ish. If you could copy a cool looking coin and hologram like the lealana pirate(ish) ship one I think that one was neat
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
But we thought it would be really neat to incorporate Vedder's work into a physical coin. It has never been done before and we personally appreciate what Vedder portrayed.  We really liked his philosophical concepts and his presentation. And we figured his work would be much appreciated on a coin.  
There has never been an artwork by Elihu Vedder on a coin before?

(Medal for Columbian Exposition, for the 400th Anniversary for the Landing of Columbus, October 21, 1892; Bronze with brown patina; 2-1/2 inches or 6.4 cm diameter)
Sounds an awful lot like a coin to me.
[Reference to the original drawing by Vedder at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC]

Another one with the same artwork was done the following year:

And those weren't only these two single/named pieces pictured above, they also had public sales of silver coins/medals with this artwork.

100 years later (in 1992), the United States Pavilion released a Commemorative bronze medal with the same design once again:

Activity: 1344
Merit: 295
Its a hard pill to swallow paying 0.1BTC when all you did was trace/flip these two pictures and throw it on a coin with no original artistry of your own. I feel as though you and your team could have come up with something a little better and hopefully you continue with your series and incorporate bitcoin into the face of the coin.

At the very least I appreciate that the original artist's signatures are still on the drawup of the coin. I feel as though once the actual coin is minted that it may be one of the things that doesnt make it onto the actual silver coin. ( i hope it stays on but as we have seen with the bordering on the NattyMind Samsara coin sometimes the little intricate parts can not actually be done )

Demanding this sort of price point from a bitcoin collectibles community just because another proven coin creator also has a 5oz Silver coin series does not mean that yours is worth the same amount as his. If you go back to when team NattyMind brought out their first coin you can see that they almost/possibly did take a hit just to get their name out there.

This is your second piece in a row that is piggybacking off of another artist/product. Your 65crypto metal wall piece and now this.

This is not a hitpiece but you can see that a lot of the collectors on here are skeptical to reserve these, I think once an actual prototype or the first coins are struck with hologram revealed and applied you might see more interest.

No artistry?  We did a ton of research on Vedder to determine which pieces we wanted to use and why, exactly, we wanted to use them.  Even coming up with the idea of using Vedder's work is artistic in itself.  And determining the images to display, representing the meaning of corrupt government and the ability to revolt, inducing anarchy, is not artistic?  These are key components of Bitcoin.  And that itself has artistic power, I feel.  We created the slogans, as well.  Even just coming up with the concept of mirroring the two arts, in order to depict both stances, seems pretty artistic in my eyes.

We did discuss perhaps using our very own original art for our very first coin.  In fact, we are working on a new art piece, now, that has been in the works for a few weeks and will continue to be in the works for at least 2-3 more.  It features the past and the present.  On the left of the art features a city in ruins, the federal reserve eagle shattered on the ground, burned currency, etc etc.  On the right, a city in beauty - beautiful grass and trees, graceful birds, and futuristic buildings erected into the shapes of several popular cryptos.  We thought long and hard about offering that as our very first coin, along with the original art piece to go with an auction of the #1 coin.  But we thought it would be really neat to incorporate Vedder's work into a physical coin.  It has never been done before and we personally appreciate what Vedder portrayed.  We really liked his philosophical concepts and his presentation.  And we figured his work would be much appreciated on a coin. 

I'm not sure what you mean about the Top 65 coin piece.  How was that "piggybacking" off of another artist?  I created that art myself.  I took all of the logos, determined the marketcap at the moment of creation, and worked all of those in Illustrator before printing them onto our metal panels.  I didn't take anyone's artwork nor did I take anyone's idea.  If this is in regards to the fact that someone pointed out it looked like a book cover, then I'm sorry, but that was a mere coincidence.  In fact we only created the art because someone reached out to us with the idea and asked us if it's something we could possibly do.

Regarding price, I feel that the price is quite fair and warranted.

How do you know that we are not taking a loss, as well, on this project?

The coin is not simply a cost of minting.  There are a ton of costs that are going into this.  To name a few, the silver, as you mentioned, the charge for the actual coin striking, the charge for the coin's die, the charge for our designer to prepare the artwork, the charge to prepare the hologram artwork, the charge for the setup fees and creation of the physical hologram as well as the charge for the actual holograms themselves, the charge to have keys generated and engraved, the charge for shipping (for domestic, and international), the charge for receiving, preparing, and packaging, which covers all of our facility charges and faculty charges, as well, ... there's a ton that goes into the cost of this as well as many of our projects - many of which can easily be overlooked when you're not fully aware of the entire cost of said project.

Regarding hesitation - I did not anticipate this coin selling out in a day or two.  Many people, as you mentioned, will want to see the physical coin, first, and see its quality, before moving forward with any type of reservation.  And that's perfectly acceptable.  I look forward to presenting something of high-quality that the community can cherish and display proudly.

legendary
Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203
Its a hard pill to swallow paying 0.1BTC when all you did was trace/flip these two pictures and throw it on a coin with no original artistry of your own. I feel as though you and your team could have come up with something a little better and hopefully you continue with your series and incorporate bitcoin into the face of the coin.

At the very least I appreciate that the original artist's signatures are still on the drawup of the coin. I feel as though once the actual coin is minted that it may be one of the things that doesnt make it onto the actual silver coin. ( i hope it stays on but as we have seen with the bordering on the NattyMind Samsara coin sometimes the little intricate parts can not actually be done )

Demanding this sort of price point from a bitcoin collectibles community just because another proven coin creator also has a 5oz Silver coin series does not mean that yours is worth the same amount as his. If you go back to when team NattyMind brought out their first coin you can see that they almost/possibly did take a hit just to get their name out there.

This is your second piece in a row that is piggybacking off of another artist/product. Your 65crypto metal wall piece and now this.

This is not a hitpiece but you can see that a lot of the collectors on here are skeptical to reserve these, I think once an actual prototype or the first coins are struck with hologram revealed and applied you might see more interest.

Where are you shipping from ?

St Augustine, Florida.

Note:  Shipping is included for both domestic and international shipments (we're eating the cost of it, basically).
Activity: 1111
Merit: 584
Where are you shipping from ?
Nice one ! I'll take #15 please

thank you.  you got it!  Cool
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Nice one ! I'll take #15 please
Activity: 126
Merit: 16
#21 please
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140
Wow.  This coin is stunning.  Nice work!   The contrast is amazing!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
Engraved pub AND priv key sounds awesome.
Not really feeling the design tbh, two artworks on one side seem a bit much. Cool message, though.
Definitly interested to see how the glass prints will look like.
Stunning release Frank! Really beautiful design!  I hope you or a lucky customer share a pic of the beveled glass print artwork!

Thank you, Sir!  Smiley
Activity: 1035
Merit: 659
friendsofsatoshi.com
Stunning release Frank! Really beautiful design!  I hope you or a lucky customer share a pic of the beveled glass print artwork!
Is there an error in op:

Back:  Back will contain a pre-affixed hologram as well as engraved public and private keys.

The private key is engraved on the coin under the hologram? Not visible I trust.

You are correct, the hologram will cover the private key.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
Is there an error in op:

Back:  Back will contain a pre-affixed hologram as well as engraved public and private keys.

The private key is engraved on the coin under the hologram? Not visible I trust.
copper member
Activity: 1249
Merit: 108
25 and 50 please
Do these coins have a certain denomination of BTC that you can fund? Or do you just get an address and fund as much as you want?

Buyer funded; you can fund what you would like on the coins, if you'd like to fund them at all; it is not loaded nor designed for any specific denomination.  None of these coins will be offered funded by us.  They are empty.  But you can load as much or as little as you'd like to load.
Activity: 1873
Merit: 840
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend
Do these coins have a certain denomination of BTC that you can fund? Or do you just get an address and fund as much as you want?
Pages:
Jump to: