Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof - The long Hodl - page 2. (Read 746 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
November 19, 2020, 02:40:23 AM
I don't know about the others, but people around me mostly hodl all their btc and they didn't sell during bear market. All this patience is finally paying off. I always planned that once btc reaches 20k that i will sell at least half, but now i am not so sure since end of 2021 might be like end of 2017 and then even $100,009 is possible.

So in the end i will probably  just go on with hodl.
People around you must be rich and have alternative sources of generating income because if you solely rely on the investment made on bitcoin, there is no way you will not sell part of the coin even though it is trading below the price they were bought. Anyone that bought when the price reached the peak will be poised now maybe to wait or sell the bitcoin. Waiting for more than 2 years for me is a sacrifice that deserves an accolade
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
November 19, 2020, 02:02:02 AM
How many had the forsight to HODL what they had
for the next bull market, which is now?

I'm quite sure these people are only few individuals that have really strong minds. They did not let their emotion get ahead of them. And for sure they have some other income or money to not touch their bitcoin for that long.

My mistake on the other hand happened on altcoins, I bought at its ATH 2 yrs ago and hoping that it would pump when it's alt season.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
November 18, 2020, 11:48:46 PM
Holding is very risky because you didn't know if the price of the coin you hold will return to it's ATH so, be smart and always take the risk. I think it's better if you hold the 50% and sell the another 50% to save even a little if your holding turn to lose.

I agree, hodling atleast 50% of what you have and sell the other half. You'll never know when will its' ATH will reach those numbers again, and as expected, in few more weeks, bitcoin's value may surpass the ATH of 2017. Lets all hope for the best! Lets hodl up to Q1 of 2021.

As long as you hold bitcoin, you should not worry because even if the bitcoin price is down, the price will be back to the higher price. We already saw when the bitcoin price was down deeper to $3k a few months ago, but then the price can rise in a short time, and still increase until now. And we already saw the price can break $10k, which we are waiting for so long. The price will be back to $18k again because the price gets a green candle again, and hopefully, the price will break $18,500 and go to $19k.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
November 18, 2020, 11:24:45 PM
Holding is very risky because you didn't know if the price of the coin you hold will return to it's ATH so, be smart and always take the risk. I think it's better if you hold the 50% and sell the another 50% to save even a little if your holding turn to lose.

I agree, hodling atleast 50% of what you have and sell the other half. You'll never know when will its' ATH will reach those numbers again, and as expected, in few more weeks, bitcoin's value may surpass the ATH of 2017. Lets all hope for the best! Lets hodl up to Q1 of 2021.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
November 18, 2020, 05:46:02 PM
~snip~

Easy to say but not really easy to do when you are on the actual situation because you would really mainly be tested out by your patience
and emotion that you should neither panic sell and buyback in lower amounts to at least compensate on what you had lost.Its a matte on how
someone do manage his portfolio into those times yet 3 years time is a long time for you to do at least on what you had lost.
Its amazing to know that there are people who do able to withstand the test of time and do really believe that bitcoin will really make out its recovery.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
November 18, 2020, 05:13:56 PM
I can give my salute to those who hodl from that event, I myself sold some of my bitcoin after sometime when bitcoin somehow recovered but I failed to gain profit in it instead I got a loss.

I am thinking about what kind of feeling do the hodlers feel right now about holding that bitcoin for some years since we are reaching near the ATH. Do you feel Scared? Amazed? Exited? Doubtful? I know those who hodl up till now will not sell their bitcoins until they get some profit into it so they can get a sort of reward after years of hodling.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 524
November 18, 2020, 05:05:32 PM
Holding is only for the chosen ones Wink

You need to have some spare fiat to be able to buy and you need to have enough income to satisfy your needs so that you are not tempted to sell.

Not many people in the world can afford to be investors and not many of those have the strong will not to be satisfied by a small profit.

If you are a holder you're a 1% or less. 
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1041
November 18, 2020, 04:33:59 PM
But the bigger question is, if you hodled all this while, are you going to act like a scared bunny, and take your money out when it reaches $20,000 again in a week or two?

Cool

That would be a weak decision. If you hold that long to wait for the next bullrun, you would rather be waiting for longer years again to wait until you wanna retire surrounded by a pile of money. You are not going ot be scared now than what had happened last 2018 where the price plunged.

If you dumped now, you just wasted the long wait you have invested. You got to make it worth the stressful time you felt during the bear market and wait til it doubles like $40K.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Cashback 15%
November 18, 2020, 04:21:32 PM
I think this is all about how someone believes in BTC.  The time they keep on holding shows that they have the insight of seeing BTC price skyrocket in the future.

there is no real rewards that are dealt but you only waited for 3 years to recover your losses , that was not bad at all atleast you show that you have strong patience and you didnt loose yet but this time was different that last time and everyone is expecting that btc can be better than before . holding for extra long time can be beneficial now

Indeed! For those who bought at ATH still waiting for the recovery of those losses but for those who bought at deep  after that is for sure at a very huge profit right now.  I agree, but we should set our sell price so that the experience that happens 3 years ago (those who failed to sell at peak or at profit) won't happen to us.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
November 18, 2020, 04:11:13 PM
These times are proof that when you buy high, not panic and HODL for the future is rewarding

let say that if you buy as high as the 2017 bull run and you hodl it till now because you miss the train because your expecting for more , the price is now is equal or lower than the price last 3 years ago .

there is no real rewards that are dealt but you only waited for 3 years to recover your losses , that was not bad at all atleast you show that you have strong patience and you didnt loose yet but this time was different that last time and everyone is expecting that btc can be better than before . holding for extra long time can be beneficial now
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
November 18, 2020, 04:10:48 PM
No one can ve patient to hold bitcoin when its price was reduced more than 80% . If you had had 1 million dollar, you would have lost more than $800000 during the hard time. Would you continue to hold your coin? You would have at least sell some of your coins to save the remaining capital. Even the most possitive bitcoin enthusiast could be depressed in this situation.

Holding is a good strategy. But not all holding is. Be smart with your money or you will become bankrupt.
You are right. Holding is a good strategy but most of them sell their coin when its panic time. But when it up and cross the limit this time these people don't sell their coin so its prove going to greedy day by day and do not want to lose their asset but they lost. We do not use our assets or money properly because we are not satisfied.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076
zknodes.org
November 18, 2020, 03:54:53 PM
Long Hodl is not just about holding back for a long time, but there must be a strategy and targets that must be achieved. The eight entry and exit strategy will be indispensable. So as not to get stuck at a high enough price. The target must be determined in advance, how long or at what price it should be sold. Don't hodl indefinitely. The goal of long hodl remains to seek profit, not just waiting.
Activity: 307
Merit: 100
November 18, 2020, 12:15:25 PM
Holding all coins/ tokens aren't good idea specially shitcoins but if you purchase Bitcoin or top few coins and face price reduction after purchase, you can hold for longer time. One day it will recover. Today Bitcoin price hit $18000. Those who purchased in December 2017 and hold till today, now recovered their portfolio balance in Bitcoin holding. I also believe that panic sale is very bad for the growth of crypto market.

Bitcoin is a suitable investment field for a very long time. Undoubtedly it is a profitable investment. The tokens at the top always behave like that. If you look at shitcoins/token, you will see that they help us to do a lot of profitable business. Although they are the ones who have the potential to lose. It is foolish not to think of profit without loss. In a short time it can cause us to lose from profit while it can float in the sea of profit.
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
November 18, 2020, 09:39:17 AM
Anyone who was into crypto this time 3 years ago
will remember the run up to the ATH of $19783.

It was a wild time in December of that year, there
were big gains made and alternatively a lot of losses
where some people FOMO'd in close to the ATH
and either sold at a loss or are still holding what they
had back then.

I would say, not many!

Eventhough we (the positive) have been preaching
about the long haul and a look to the future.

These times are proof that when you buy high, not panic and HODL for the future is rewarding

yes, we recommend HODL if we buy bitcoin when the price of bitcoin is very expensive because we will lose if we sell it when the price drops. I think there are very few people who have benefited from HODL in the long term in 2018. I saw the crypto market price really crashed in 2018 many people sold their bitcoins because the price went down. In 2018 there was a lot of bad news about bitcoin, so a lot of people who sold all their bitcoins at a very low price, they thought it was better to sell cheap than to get nothing.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
November 18, 2020, 07:52:06 AM
Long HODL won't make an assurance that you will gain profit out of it and sometimes you may miss some good opportunities to earn. We have different experience about it but for me I find it not good.

Reference is needed if we want to go long HODL, because the movement is still fluctuating. PUMP and DUMP will always be there and I think a lot of things are needed to really make the decision to want to long HODL.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
November 18, 2020, 07:33:24 AM

~

I would say, not many!

Eventhough we (the positive) have been preaching
about the long haul and a look to the future.

Certainly not many, lets be honest, anyone in the situation of those who bought at the top of 2017 will definitely have some mixed feelings about what to do, some have sold around 18k, 17k, 16k,..... because it is not easy to watch your investment keep sinking and not knowing when it will recover or if it will ever will, the word 'HODL' is much easier said than done but when you have the courage to do so you will end up smiling at the end (but it is not in every cases)

Sometimes it is not just because you are not positive, it is mostly the fear of the unknown and what people say when the market is crashing that will make one to start having second thoughts, so just as the saying goes, always invest what you can afford to loss.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 18, 2020, 07:17:23 AM
But the bigger question is, if you hodled all this while, are you going to act like a scared bunny, and take your money out when it reaches $20,000 again in a week or two?

Cool
I like to believe most people that bought at the parabolic did with their hard earn money not their excess savings, so their are likely to have sold at loss in the bear market. We are likely have exceptions but a few and might have learnt the hard way. I didnt know as much on the parabolic in 2016 until the bear market and was so surprised I didnt read it, maybe I neglect or didnt believe but I know better now. It is also an advantage for any one to know earlier and prepare for it
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
November 18, 2020, 07:01:24 AM
~snip~

Weak hands will always sell, they have neither the knowledge nor the experience to profit in any way - because their loss is always someone's gain. Those who invested at the very top in late 2017 had plenty of time to sell with minimal loss in January 2018, the price of BTC did not fall overnight to $3000.

When we talk about some losses, I believe that many more investors will lose everything they have by becoming victims of scams. Fake wallets, phishing sites that mimic the most famous crypto exchanges, and schemes "send me x BTC and I will return double to you" are dangerous for those that are activated only at a time when there are such pronounced price changes.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
November 18, 2020, 06:52:35 AM
Long HODL won't make an assurance that you will gain profit out of it and sometimes you may miss some good opportunities to earn. We have different experience about it but for me I find it not good.

What do you mean? Hold bitcoin for the long term is obviously profits, even for those who bought at the last ATH could be profitable if they are patiently waiting for 3 years from 2017 to 2021. Moreover for those who bought bitcoin at $3-$4k when it plummets to the lower level after hit the ATH.
The only problem for a long-term holder is fiat currency to cover all the expenses, if someone has no other choice but to sell bitcoin, so be it.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
November 18, 2020, 06:50:34 AM

Longtime hodl is making many lose money that they would have gained if they were trading it. Some coins are just flash, they bull but dump hard with time, it goes out entirely. Trading is for those who understand it and hodling doesn't take any strategy, just to keep and hodl then wait for luck.
Pages:
Jump to: