Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof - The long Hodl - page 4. (Read 746 times)

Activity: 750
Merit: 258
November 17, 2020, 07:36:55 PM
No one can ve patient to hold bitcoin when its price was reduced more than 80% . If you had had 1 million dollar, you would have lost more than $800000 during the hard time. Would you continue to hold your coin? You would have at least sell some of your coins to save the remaining capital. Even the most possitive bitcoin enthusiast could be depressed in this situation.

Holding is a good strategy. But not all holding is. Be smart with your money or you will become bankrupt.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures
November 17, 2020, 07:31:54 PM
Some people who buy high on ATH $ 19783 will experience a hitch when the price starts to fall and of course they all panic. There wouldn't be many who had survived the Long Hodl until now. The current price has almost reached the new ATH.

I was not one of those who bought at the highest ATH price at that time, but I have many friends who get stuck at the ATH price and then sell it at a low price to stop more losses, because I can't wait any longer.

The 2017 ATH until now, which will reach a new ATH again in 2020 or 2021, will take approximately 3 years and that is quite a long time for Hodl Panjang.
Long holds can pay off, but a lot of perks will come.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
November 17, 2020, 07:28:35 PM
I was already in the crypto sphere during the last run to ATH in 2017, but I would admit that I didn't hold, at least a good six months hold that time will yield you good enough profits. And I would say that it is really inexperience in my part by then.

But from 2018 up to now, been accumulating quietly and not going to sell, or at least if I'm going to sell it, I will be a looking at a new all time high price again. Never too late to learn from our past mistakes in bitcoin holding and investing and there are no better strategy but to HODL and continue to buy if you have still the money. At $17,500? yeah it's expensive, but what if it double in the next bull run?
Activity: 994
Merit: 11
Daxetoken.net
November 17, 2020, 07:20:58 PM
Holding for a long term like from the last ATH is depends on every person situation. If you have enough capital and you have a lot of extra money or still have a descent work then I think you can hold bitcoin for so long no matter what and wait for another ATH to come rather than selling at lose.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
November 17, 2020, 07:15:36 PM
But the bigger question is, if you hodled all this while, are you going to act like a scared bunny, and take your money out when it reaches $20,000 again in a week or two?

Cool
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
November 17, 2020, 05:25:22 PM
I don't know about the others, but people around me mostly hodl all their btc and they didn't sell during bear market. All this patience is finally paying off. I always planned that once btc reaches 20k that i will sell at least half, but now i am not so sure since end of 2021 might be like end of 2017 and then even $100,009 is possible.

So in the end i will probably  just go on with hodl.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
November 17, 2020, 03:50:53 PM
Anyone who was into crypto this time 3 years ago
will remember the run up to the ATH of $19783.

It was a wild time in December of that year, there
were big gains made and alternatively a lot of losses
where some people FOMO'd in close to the ATH
and either sold at a loss or are still holding what they
had back then.

How many had the forsight to HODL what they had
for the next bull market, which is now?

I would say, not many!

Eventhough we (the positive) have been preaching
about the long haul and a look to the future.

These times are proof that when you buy high, not panic and HODL for the future is rewarding
Pages:
Jump to: