Pages:
Author

Topic: Psychology of Capitalism - page 2. (Read 3554 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 10, 2014, 06:54:59 AM
When you depend on money, you have limitations.

This whole "money evil" meme is so retarded I can't believe it became popular.

I mean, how ignorant and uneducated does a person need to be in order to promote this?  Are public schools completely bereft of economics education today?  They don't even teach have the old Keynesian "guns n' butter" classes anymore?

Seriously. It's puzzling.

Pretty much.
Activity: 406
July 10, 2014, 06:54:15 AM

This whole "money evil" meme is so retarded I can't believe it became popular.

I mean, how ignorant and uneducated does a person need to be in order to promote this?  Are public schools completely bereft of economics education today?  They don't even teach have the old Keynesian "guns n' butter" classes anymore?

Seriously. It's puzzling.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
July 10, 2014, 06:41:35 AM
When you talk about Capitalism, you are not talking about freedom.
I will tell you why. First of all, it is based on money.
Those limitations, can lead to death (and that is really sad), because many people do not have money, and even those who have money, they also know for limitations. You are always limited to do something big in this world, cause whatever you want to do, you can do just so much, how much you money have.
Freedom? I do not whink so.
Capitalism is just one more cage - but I like to call it: Masked faudalism.

There is no freedom the way you look at it, but there is always something (or rather many somethings) that you depend upon. As they say (actually Engels), Freiheit ist die Einsicht in die Notwendigkeit ("freedom is the recognition of necessity"). Wink
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
July 10, 2014, 03:51:51 AM
When you talk about Capitalism, you are not talking about freedom.
I will tell you why. First of all, it is based on money.
Those limitations, can lead to death (and that is really sad), because many people do not have money, and even those who have money, they also know for limitations. You are always limited to do something big in this world, cause whatever you want to do, you can do just so much, how much you money have.
Freedom? I do not whink so.
Capitalism is just one more cage - but I like to call it: Masked faudalism.
July 09, 2014, 07:23:03 AM
Dutch, I often wonder how much responsibility they bare.

I was relentlessly indoctrinated with that crap in public schools.  It took me almost a decade to overcome it.

Yeah, I have seen it as well, even in adults.

I know a lady my own age who considers anyone who critises Obama to be a "racist", in that, she subconsciously believes that because he is half-black that he can do no wrong and therefore anyone who opposes him does so because of his ethnic makeup.

Amazing but true.

It is time for change.
Activity: 406
July 09, 2014, 06:07:08 AM
Dutch, I often wonder how much responsibility they bare.

I was relentlessly indoctrinated with that crap in public schools.  It took me almost a decade to overcome it.
July 08, 2014, 10:26:47 PM
As people we are all attempting to fulfill a natural desire to have power.  Some are born with more of a natural ability than others such as intelligence.  A few are intelligent enough to be intrinsically powerful through their intelligence.  The same goes for many other skills.  

However, the majority of people are not intrinsically powerful due to an outstanding skill.  These people seek the consolation prize: money.  Money grubbers can be seen hoarding their only way of moving up the social ladder.  Now they can have a little more power over material than their fellow man.  This increase in power is very addicting to the money grubber.  His ears perk up at the thought of a chance to make more money.  His life is lived to fulfill the advancement of his power and he has found an outlet to do so through hoarding.  

Horseshit.

Typical "liberal" disinformation.

Move along.

Nothing to see here.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
July 08, 2014, 07:28:11 PM
As people we are all attempting to fulfill a natural desire to have power.  Some are born with more of a natural ability than others such as intelligence.  A few are intelligent enough to be intrinsically powerful through their intelligence.  The same goes for many other skills.  

However, the majority of people are not intrinsically powerful due to an outstanding skill.  These people seek the consolation prize: money.  Money grubbers can be seen hoarding their only way of moving up the social ladder.  Now they can have a little more power over material than their fellow man.  This increase in power is very addicting to the money grubber.  His ears perk up at the thought of a chance to make more money.  His life is lived to fulfill the advancement of his power and he has found an outlet to do so through hoarding.  

I'm not 100% into captialism as an economic system.  But I'm not sure that you tied this into capitalism at all.  If the folks who are "intrinsically powerful through their intelligence" use their intelligence to gain money, are they less intelligent than you thought?  Is this a paradox in your system?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
July 08, 2014, 07:23:02 PM

I think every human being should watch this documentary at least once in their lives.

It sheds so much light about the "how, why, what" of the psychology/economics side of the modern world.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
July 08, 2014, 12:05:15 PM

Pages:
Jump to: