Pages:
Author

Topic: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT about Butterfly Labs, what to say? - page 2. (Read 8426 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
If I can get a guarantee that Theymos and the bitcointalk admins will allow negative ads towards BFL, I'll donate a full BTC in protest.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
What are the ad rules for the content?

Any imagery or only formatted text?

Thy cup ( 1LuyJib375mAcyQLBJtT9sMNoQzKp2jcSx )will surely runeth over.

PER THEYMOS re: the same issue.

One can post a factual, negative btcttalk advertisement as long as it links back to a single post where such facts can be discussed.

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500
Across The Universe
How many Money need the Forum for the "NEW Software"

there are only by 2.000.000 €
Activity: 454
Merit: 252
I like people putting money where their mouth is!

In traditional media the media company would run Josh's ad over yours even if you outbid him since the future income from Josh far outweighs the future income from this campaign. It'll be interesting to see if the threat of BFL advertisement boycott of bitcointalk outweighs the set rules of the ad auction. (Also interesting to see if BFL sees this as a long term threat or a minor inconvenience. They will boycott if it is a threat and ignore it if they think it is an inconvenience).

popcorn time...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Warning: BFL hasn't even produced a prototype in 7 months. It Could be a scam!

I think not even having a working prototype is more indicative of how risky this is, 'failed to deliver' is true but a not as immediately appararent. IMHO

I agree with that.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Nevermind about anti-BFL PSA's.

I have half a mind to investigate the pros/cons of a class action lawsuit against them at the moment.

Starting to get really pissed off. Have never seen a company I have given so much money to, act so unprofessionally before.

Get a refund while you still can.

And if you paid in BTC, I think you might have a case to sue for a BTC refund.  I've posted details in other threads.

be prepared for epic exchange fuck. product was/is priced in USD. You're going to get back BTC equivalent of USD exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Warning: BFL hasn't even produced a prototype in 7 months. It Could be a scam!

I think not even having a working prototype is more indicative of how risky this is, 'failed to deliver' is true but a not as immediately appararent. IMHO
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Warning: BFL has failed to deliver for> 7 months. It Could be a scam!
And Done
How about we start adding this text in our own signatures?

BFL did it when they were holding their bogus contests. Why shouldn't we?
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Create a thread here with facts about the past few months with BFL.   Reserve the first 2-3 posts for updates as they come. Be fair, they did deliver FPGAs right?

Link the add to the thread to gain potential awareness.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Great work guys!
Across The Universe

I have half a mind to investigate the pros/cons of a class action lawsuit against them at the moment.

Starting to get really pissed off. Have never seen a company I have given so much money to, act so unprofessionally before.

Edit your Signature and Warn other People
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Across The Universe
Warning: BFL has failed to deliver for> 7 months. It Could be a scam!
And Done
Activity: 840

How is that?

I have started bidding on next weeks ads.  Josh will have to outbid on all 7 slots to bump it off.  So every bit cent you send to the address in my sig will cost him at least 6 bitcents.  (assuming those bitcents in the address add up to 0.25). 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/advertise-on-this-forum-round-76-159328
Very nice indeed!
Bitcents sent!
Activity: 840
Hi.
I think you should make the background or the font lighter.
The black on dark red is kindof hard to read and doesn't catch attention easily.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
White background and red font will stand out.

Warning: Butterfly Labs are running an elaborate scam. Don't get sucked into it.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Too generic.  ASICminer is paying dividends and doing what they said they would do.  Avalon has delivered to the tune of 1/2 of the total network hashrate.  Helveticacoin isn't asking for prepay and will be very interesting when they hit the market.  

BFL is the only company advertising what they can't demonstrate.

Then change the text to say BFL outright. They still own the rights to their name and could kill the ad or threaten legal action. I almost went with "3 LETTER ACRONYM ASIC COMPANY..."

Just please don't use that other horrific colored background gradient.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501

ASIC COMPANIES ARE HUGE GAMBLE AT BEST, SCAMS AT WORST. NEW TO BTC? YOU MUST SEE THIS!

Too generic.  ASICminer is paying dividends and doing what they said they would do.  Avalon has delivered to the tune of 1/2 of the total network hashrate.  Helveticacoin isn't asking for prepay and will be very interesting when they hit the market. 

BFL is the only company advertising what they can't demonstrate.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

ASIC COMPANIES ARE HUGE GAMBLE AT BEST, SCAMS AT WORST. NEW TO BTC? YOU MUST SEE THIS!
Pages:
Jump to: