Pages:
Author

Topic: 🎃 Pumpkin Carving Contest -Poll- Vote Now 🎃 - page 3. (Read 2252 times)

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
1 vote should suffice for proper rankings in the end 1st,2nd,3rd at least I think?

Maybe next year don't hold it in collectibles? I understand the prizes where collectibles but the content itself wasn't, these type of events can be sponsored by makers and held on other boards (such as games and rounds) to bring more attention to the collectibles section in the long run likely bringing more revenue to makers, sponsors and active members that frequent collectibles.

Games and rounds is just a bunch of scammers, that won't help Cheesy
Activity: 1430
Merit: 513
1 vote should suffice for proper rankings in the end 1st,2nd,3rd at least I think?

Maybe next year don't hold it in collectibles? I understand the prizes where collectibles but the content itself wasn't, these type of events can be sponsored by makers and held on other boards (such as games and rounds) to bring more attention to the collectibles section in the long run likely bringing more revenue to makers, sponsors and active members that frequent collectibles.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
taufik123
But i wish if I could vote for more then one participant.

same here, I wish I could vote for few, 3 would be sufficient to pick all I like the most

yeah @Taufik123 you got my voice too

I'm not going to change anything at this point.  It would be kind of nice to have multiple votes, theymos even proposed some ideas in this realm but for the first time doing this I wanted to keep it simple.  I'm not sure having the extra votes will really do anything anyhow, in terms of selecting the winners. 

Again, as I've stated a few times, this is my first time and a bit of a test run.  Next year I'll take the feedback that seems to make sense once I look back at how everything ended up. 
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
taufik123

same here, I wish I could vote for few, 3 would be sufficient to pick all I like the most

yeah @Taufik123 you got my voice too
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
I also wish I could vote for more than one participant, maybe next year this is something I'll work with Theymos on implementing (if he so graciously volunteers to help out again). 

I thought that option is there by default, isn’t it?  Because I see there’s an option to choose “Maximum votes per user.”

Won’t that work here? I mean if we allow more than one vote per user.

legendary
taufik123

Thanks for the code, I did replace it with yours.  Much much appreciated!

I also wish I could vote for more than one participant, maybe next year this is something I'll work with Theymos on implementing (if he so graciously volunteers to help out again).  

Honestly so many of you guys did such an amazing job!  It's hard to see some of these that haven't gotten votes that are VERY deserving.  There's about 10 entries I really love.  I would list them out, but I don't want to do any unfair promoting or make others feel bad.  Just know that all of you did a great job, and if you did a more detailed pumpkin with no votes yet,  know that many of us love your work, know you deserve some recognition etc etc.  

Thanks again everyone for participating !!

Note: I'm still waiting to hear back from Theymos for Contest #2, so stayed tuned!
copper member
Activity: 1211
Merit: 250
A lot of talent in this forum, Hard to choose just 1 winner, great job everyone that participated and thanks ChiBitCTy for making this possible
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Looks like its over before it even began, Good job taufik123!

For real!  Shocked
Congrats! Cheesy

My votes in  Smiley Well done to all the participants and good luck to you all Smiley
Thanks ChiBitCTy for organising it all too  Smiley

My thoughts exactly, thanks @Chib! - Good karma awaits you in life! Wink 
Activity: 1430
Merit: 513
Looks like its over before it even began, Good job taufik123!
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
My votes in  Smiley Well done to all the participants and good luck to you all Smiley
Thanks ChiBitCTy for organising it all too  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Crypto Swap Exchange
i have now also cast my vote
had 2-3 favorites but then had to decide for one
Activity: 1211
Merit: 135
Krogothmanhattan alt account
 Submitted vote for 13 Big Bos. Good job and thanks Ty
copper member
ChiBitCTy

Please use this table, the images will load much faster. I replaced all the URLs with small images (from imgur with m) and the same height and width to look elegant.

I will edit my post if you accept the code, to avoid duplication.

Edit
Done
copper member
taufik123
Activity: 1260
Merit: 393
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
@OP, candidate can vote ?
I think they should be excluded because not all of them meet the voting requirements,
It don't matter if the candidate chooses him, it's the same as the election for president and other regional heads. They have the right to vote as long as they meet the requirements, all who have participated in the Pumpkin Carving Contest have the right to make choices for their efforts.

some candidates are still newbies and Jr member and according to the rule only member+ can vote.

Which rule do you mean, I can't find any rule in Thread 🎃 [ANN] Bitcointalk Bitcoin Pumpkin Carving Contest 🎃 about who is eligible to vote and who is excluded, there I only found this.

How will the winner be picked?: There will be a poll ran from Oct 31st to Nov 3rd.  I'm not 100% sure how I will run it, but will try and get some feedback from the community on how to most fairly do so.  Please chime in if you have any ideas!

Op is very open to running the vote, if you have any ideas on the fairest way to do it can leave feedback here.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
I will remove sorryfor 's photo as soon as I learn how without messing up the code as I just did a moment ago
Like this??
If you need anything to edit the table, feel free to knock me on PM Wink
legendary
@ChiBitCTy I don't think @sorryfor should be on that list, the pumpkin he submitted for the contest wasn't his it was just some image he downloaded from the internet he didn't carve it himself so I don't think it would be fair for him to be contesting with other users who made theirs themselves.
Looks like he downloaded the first pumpkin image from herecompare the date  while the second has already been reported by @John Abraham here, my guess is that you missed it.

I think they should be excluded because not all of them meet the voting requirements, some candidates are still newbies and Jr member and according to the rule only member+ can vote. It'll won't be fair if some candidates able to vote will others are not able to vote.

I don't think you should worry about it. My pumpkin shouldn't be taken as part of a contest, either. Therefore, of course, people are not blind and will make the right choice, especially since, I think, you should not take the contest very seriously, since it was invented for entertainment. But now, seeing the gallery, one can definitely say that very talented people have gathered at our forum.

Thank you, and I'm going to take your advice.  You're right this should just be looked at as fun and not taken so seriously and you're also right about all the talented people we have around here!

I will remove sorryfor 's photo as soon as I learn how without messing up the code as I just did a moment ago (and ask no one vote for them), but them being in there isn't going to make a difference.  I can't remove them from the poll as it can't be edited, but again, it's not going to make a difference in the end even though as whomever actually did create it did a good job, it's not going to be in the running with so many other more detailed ones that have been created by members here, lets be honest).

Secondly, the rules are the rules and were stated before I even opened this poll up.  Unfortunately some wont be able to vote on theirs and others more senior members will.  This single vote is not going to make a difference in the end I'm confident of that.  Also If I disallow candidates from voting then that means more work for Theymos as well as a published list of who voted for which pumpkin, and I think most of us would prefer this remain anonymous.  Next year I'll keep this in mind but I'm not going to change the rules at this point.  Again, I'm doing this for fun, everything has been donated, this is free for contestants, and as I said before being my first time, it's not going to be perfect.  
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
@ChiBitCTy I don't think @sorryfor should be on that list, the pumpkin he submitted for the contest wasn't his it was just some image he downloaded from the internet he didn't carve it himself so I don't think it would be fair for him to be contesting with other users who made theirs themselves.
Looks like he downloaded the first pumpkin image from herecompare the date  while the second has already been reported by @John Abraham here, my guess is that you missed it.

I think they should be excluded because not all of them meet the voting requirements, some candidates are still newbies and Jr member and according to the rule only member+ can vote. It'll won't be fair if some candidates able to vote will others are not able to vote.

I don't think you should worry about it. My pumpkin shouldn't be taken as part of a contest, either. Therefore, of course, people are not blind and will make the right choice, especially since, I think, you should not take the contest very seriously, since it was invented for entertainment. But now, seeing the gallery, one can definitely say that very talented people have gathered at our forum.
Activity: 45
Merit: 13
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

LDL
Activity: 588
Merit: 598
Pages:
Jump to: