Pages:
Author

Topic: Pywallet 2.2: manage your wallet [Update required] - page 8. (Read 207931 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
In that case, you may be better off setting up Python natively in Windows itself. The Windows Linux Subsystem, while useful.. is NOT Linux. It still runs on the Windows Kernel, so there may be issues.

Go here: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2715/

Get the "Windows x86-64 MSI installer" if you have 64bit Windows... or, if you have 32bit windows, get "Windows x86 MSI installer".

NOTE: DO NOT install Python 3
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
please donate to my worthy cause !
It's possibly a permissions error... or simply the Python on WSL Ubuntu not having the "proper" access to the devices due to some limitations of the WSL Undecided

Is there a reason you aren't simply installing and running Python on Windows 10? I have Pywallet running OK within the native Windows 10 environment.

APART from being a novice at most of this ,

no ,

thanks for your support ,

I persist ..
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Been toying around with this repo for awhile, have a few templates made for the UI
HCP
legendary
It's possibly a permissions error... or simply the Python on WSL Ubuntu not having the "proper" access to the devices due to some limitations of the WSL Undecided

Is there a reason you aren't simply installing and running Python on Windows 10? I have Pywallet running OK within the native Windows 10 environment.

. please advise if you know ,

I can get pywallet to scan one file , please how to make it scan drvie d fully>?

I also have keyhunter at the ready , I wish to set up either to run full HDD scans in WSL ubuntu ,

any help greatly appreciated ,

ERROR

Starting recovery.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./pywallet.py", line 4870, in
    recoveredKeys=recov(device, passes, size, 10240, options.recov_outputdir)
  File "./pywallet.py", line 1467, in recov
    r=search_patterns_on_disk(device, size, inc, map(lambda x:nameToDBName
  • , ['mkey', 'ckey', 'key']))
 File "./pywallet.py", line 1350, in search_patterns_on_disk
    if lendataloaded%512>0:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for %: 'NoneType' and 'int'

~/pywallet$ sudo python ./pywallet.py --recover --recov_size=289.1Gio --recov_device /mnt/d/ --recov_outputdir /mnt/c/Users/T/Desktop/output

it appears i cant get it to the path at D:  ?

. please advise if you know ,

I can get pywallet to scan one file , please how to make it scan drvie d fully>?

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 4911
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
hmmm....what happens if I import a key into the address book of 2 clients ? not that I want to - I just want to know what would happen  Huh Huh Huh

Eventough that's not really relevant in this topic, what would happen is that you'd be able to spend the unspent outputs funding the public key hash (commonly known as the address) of this private key from 2 wallet implementations. As soon as the unspent outputs were spent from one of the wallets you imported the private key into, they would be removed from the utxo, so the other wallet would no longer be able to spend them.
I have the packages , ubuntu , im getting ./pywallet.py: command not found ...??
You'll probably need to use:
Code:
python pywallet.py

I have now got as far as it saying can't open C:userstdesktopwallet.dat , check the path or try as root
Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')
how can I get it see that path to windows C , or copy the file to ubuntu ?
You need to use the "unix" file paths when you are using Ubuntu. The Windows Linux Subsystem puts all your drive letters in /mnt/... so /mnt/c etc
Code:
/mnt/c/Users//Desktop/wallet.dat

NOTE: unlike windows, Unix pathnames are case sensitive!

… ok thanks for the tips , I got to here , and fail . . . . . Starting recovery.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./pywallet.py", line 4870, in
    recoveredKeys=recov(device, passes, size, 10240, options.recov_outputdir)
  File "./pywallet.py", line 1467, in recov
    r=search_patterns_on_disk(device, size, inc, map(lambda x:nameToDBName
  • , ['mkey', 'ckey', 'key']))
 File "./pywallet.py", line 1350, in search_patterns_on_disk
    if lendataloaded%512>0:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for %: 'NoneType' and 'int'

.. getting closer to having this working , thanks in advance

sudo python ./pywallet.py --recover --recov_device /mnt/d/ --recov_size 298Gio --recov_outputdir /mnt/c/Users/T/Desktop/output
i also tried --recov_size=298Gio

i firstly ran this btw ....

the first time i did one file and it ran, worked ,  and loaded 0 keys on a test file i though might be it ,
id like to scan full HDD ...  sudo python ./pywallet.py --recover --recov_device /mnt/c/Users/T/Desktop/wallet.dat --recov_size 1Gio --recov_outputdir /mnt/c/Users/T/Desktop/output

and got this output

All the found encrypted private keys have been decrypted.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

i also tried --recov_size=298Gio
HCP
legendary
I have the packages , ubuntu , im getting ./pywallet.py: command not found ...??
You'll probably need to use:
Code:
python pywallet.py

I have now got as far as it saying can't open C:userstdesktopwallet.dat , check the path or try as root
You need to use the "unix" file paths when you are using Ubuntu. The Windows Linux Subsystem puts all your drive letters in /mnt/... so /mnt/c etc
Code:
/mnt/c/Users//Desktop/wallet.dat

NOTE: unlike windows, Unix pathnames are case sensitive!
PyWallet will probably be able to scan it then... you'll need to install Python 2.7.x (do NOT install Python 3)... Latest 2.7 release is here: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2715/
Then install PyWallet itself... You can find the links to download it back in the OP (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.424586)

NOTE: I don't recommend trying to use the "web based" interface... stick with the command line.

Then you just need to hook the drive up and set PyWallet running in --recover mode as per the instructions here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-recover-your-deleted-keys-38004

I'd also recommend that you "practice" first with something small like a 1Gig USB thumbdrive, so you are sure you have everything working properly... copy a dummy wallet.dat file onto the thumbdrive... then delete it... then scan the "empty" thumbdrive with PyWallet.

thnkas
im running ubuntu in windows 10 and only have sudo ,
PyWallet will probably be able to scan it then... you'll need to install Python 2.7.x (do NOT install Python 3)... Latest 2.7 release is here: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2715/
Then install PyWallet itself... You can find the links to download it back in the OP (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.424586)

NOTE: I don't recommend trying to use the "web based" interface... stick with the command line.

Then you just need to hook the drive up and set PyWallet running in --recover mode as per the instructions here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-recover-your-deleted-keys-38004

I'd also recommend that you "practice" first with something small like a 1Gig USB thumbdrive, so you are sure you have everything working properly... copy a dummy wallet.dat file onto the thumbdrive... then delete it... then scan the "empty" thumbdrive with PyWallet.
thanks , will give these a follow down the rabbit hole .....
ill let you know how I go ...
HCP
legendary

funds were moved in august last year , from my address 14UpfABacSUUM28gp8nb5BGbFS2aw2SMWR
Are you saying that your Bitcoins have already been moved from your wallet? Huh

If so, then scanning your drive looking for your old wallet/keys is kind of pointless... the funds are gone and the wallet.dat and private keys are not going to help you get them back. Undecided

hi , im looking to scan my 320 gb hdd for my lost wallet.dat ,
id like to scan my hdd for keys to import as the file had been on this drive prior to having been formatted ,
Are you currently using that drive as your system drive? If so, then your chances of recovery are VERY small... and growing smaller every time you use your computer. The likelihood of the original file having been overwritten are the drive was formatted and windows reinstalled is quite high. If it is still your system drive, to have any hope of recovery, you really need to stop using the drive immediately and create a backup image of it... and then do all the recovery work on the image or put the drive into an external drive enclosure

If you have the time and patience... you could probably then scan the image/drive with PyWallet or maybe "keyhunter"... but a 320GB HDD will take a LONG time to scan.

I have the time and patience , they are on notice that the feds are looking into tracing the
spends , and id like to beat them to the other forked coins not claimed .

it is after all my money .

any help in getting my keys out of this drive will be rewarded.

drive has not been used , had a quick format only , and running easeus shows many of the old files without dates and proper original labels
brand new
Activity: 0
This works great! I can finally import private keys in Windows Smiley
 Shocked Cool
funds were moved in august last year , from my address 14UpfABacSUUM28gp8nb5BGbFS2aw2SMWR

If so, then scanning your drive looking for your old wallet/keys is kind of pointless... the funds are gone and the wallet.dat and private keys are not going to help you get them back. Undecided

id like to scan my hdd for keys to import as the file had been on this drive prior to having been formatted ,
Are you currently using that drive as your system drive? If so, then your chances of recovery are VERY small... and growing smaller every time you use your computer. The likelihood of the original file having been overwritten are the drive was formatted and windows reinstalled is quite high. If it is still your system drive, to have any hope of recovery, you really need to stop using the drive immediately and create a backup image of it... and then do all the recovery work on the image or put the drive into an external drive enclosure

If you have the time and patience... you could probably then scan the image/drive with PyWallet or maybe "keyhunter"... but a 320GB HDD will take a LONG time to scan.

I have the time and patience , they are on notice that the feds are looking into tracing the
spends , and id like to beat them to the other forked coins not claimed .

it is after all my money .

any help in getting my keys out of this drive will be rewarded.
HCP
legendary

please help if you can ....

I had my BTC on usb thats been stolen -

lots of files show up after easeus runs, id like to scan the hex of while drive ,
the wallet is encrypted in ver 0.4 and had been renamed on hdd to a .jpg
theres a not used wallet.dat from osx on the drive and a used wallet.dat from
windows on the drive , osx had no encryption at the time , BTC only just added encryption back then  I recall....

I have win 10 here and osx , not sure on how to proceed ?

thanks

funds were moved in august last year , from my address
14UpfABacSUUM28gp8nb5BGbFS2aw2SMWR

still hoping for AFP intervention on the crooks.

HCP
legendary
Requirements?
To run PyWallet? As per the readme on GitHub: https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

You need Python 2.7.x installed and configured for your OS along with bsddb and twisted.

Note that PyWallet doesn't run very well with wallet.dat files from newer versions of Bitcoin Core due to the changes in the file format (extra data fields that PyWallet doesn't handle very well)
Activity: 37
Requirements?
Activity: 2
Thank you so helpful.
Pages:
Jump to: