Pages:
Author

Topic: Pywallet 2.2: manage your wallet [Update required] - page 9. (Read 207931 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Help me guys. Look at that error message again - it's trying to open "wallet.dat/main".  I certainly didn't type in the "/main" - the program somehow added that to the default filename.  Make sense?
That's perfectly normal (as far as error messages go)... What it means is that it can't find the "main" section within your "wallet.dat" file... ie. the file contents is NOT what it is expecting. It isn't searching for a file named "wallet.dat/main". It's a somewhat confusing error message, but would indicate that your "wallet.dat" is either corrupted or not actually a wallet.dat file.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
Help me guys. Look at that error message again - it's trying to open "wallet.dat/main".  I certainly didn't type in the "/main" - the program somehow added that to the default filename.  Make sense?
Activity: 42
what is the --other version for PPC (peercoin) and TGC (tigercoin) ?
any source of information
HCP
legendary
Just to rule it out... What message do you get if you enter an incorrect passphrase? Does it still say "The wallet is encrypted and the passphrase is correct" or do you get something else? Huh

If you get the same message, it might be that your passphrase is actually wrong, and the output from the script is wrong.
If you get a different message (ie. "The wallet is encrypted and the passphrase is incorrect" etc), then it's possible that while your passphrase is OK, the encrypted data recovered from the wallet file has become corrupted and the script is unable to decrypt the individual keys.
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
I have a very old wallet, which I am unable to open. It is password protected, but I know what the password is. Bitcoin Core says Salvage failed.

Booted LiveUSB Ubuntu and installed pywallet.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop/pywallet$ sudo ./pywallet.py --recover --recov_device /dev/sdc1 --recov_size 1Gio --recov_outputdir /home/ubuntu/Desktop/recover/ Enter the passphrase for the wallet that will contain all the recovered keys: 123456

Enter the possible passphrases used in your deleted wallets. Don't forget that more passphrases = more time to test the possibilities. Write one passphrase per line and end with an empty line. Possible passphrase: xxxxxxxx Possible passphrase:

Starting recovery. 0.10 Go read 0.20 Go read 0.30 Go read 0.40 Go read 0.50 Go read 0.60 Go read 0.70 Go read 0.80 Go read 0.90 Go read 1.00 Go read

Read 1.1 Go in 0.7 minutes

Found 1 possible wallets Found 221 possible encrypted keys Found 0 possible unencrypted keys

Possible wallet #1 with passphrase #1

Private keys not decrypted: 221 Trying all the remaining possibilities (221) might take up to 0 minutes. Do you want to test them? (y/n): y

Private keys not decrypted: 221 Try another password, check the size of your partition or seek help The wallet is encrypted and the passphrase is correct

Importing:

The new wallet /home/ubuntu/Desktop/recover//recovered_wallet_1513352751.dat contains the 0 recovered key ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop/pywallet$

So it recognizes the password as correct, but it doesn't decrypt the keys.

Please help.
Activity: 43
ill be sure to run dban from now on when i reformat
HCP
legendary
Pywallet is very old and the wallet.dat file format has changed since Pywallet was last updated (2014).

It looks like the script does not handle some of the new data fields that are now included in the wallet.dat file. It should theoretically be possible to modify the script to either handle or ignore the unknown fields.

If you just want to dump the file and don't care about making a "valid" wallet.dat... you can edit the pywallet.py file:

Change Line #2111 from:
Code:
				d.update(parse_BlockLocator(vds))
to:
Code:
				#d.update(parse_BlockLocator(vds))

Then on Line #2502, change:
Code:
			json_db['bestblock'] = d['hashes'][0][::-1].encode('hex_codec')
to:
Code:
			print("ignored") #json_db['bestblock'] = d['hashes'][0][::-1].encode('hex_codec')

The script will still spit out a whole heap of garbage like this:
Wallet data not recognized: {'__type__': 'keymeta', '__value__': "\n\x00\x00\x00\xa9\xd2\x85Z\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0bm/0'/0'/28'\x0c[\xfd\xe5\xabu\xfe\xf6\x13\xfb\x98p$F\xa6\xc2\xf1\\\xba\x04", '__key__': '\x07keymeta!\x03\xe3k\x94[F\xb4HO5f
but you should get to see all the key stuff printed out:
   "keys": [
        {
            "addr": "1PLXWsEWa3wrZTGo52FDjGiTP85LBbKRpg",
            "compressed": true,
            "hexsec": ".... removed ....",
            "private": "308ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff73311b4fb36b7bffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff48ce3d0101022100fffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffefffffc2f30060fffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffff6f81798022100fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffebaaedce ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff002067ddfffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff1298b98e",
            "pubkey": "02067dd94367c87da0d59c5f3b1c400239f846073b2b83b87bc15bc3201298b98e",
            "reserve": 1,
            "sec": ".... removed ....",
            "secret": ".... removed ...."
        }

The important one will be "sec"... that will be the WIF private key and should start with "5", "L" or "K"
Activity: 8
The data may be too corrupted. Try doing this on a wallet you know is ok, to check the output is what you expect. Then try it on your damaged wallet.

Hi

I need some help

I used the command, but the key did not appear.

What can it be?

pywallet.py --passphrase= --dumpwallet --dumpwithbalance --datadir=C:\pywallet-master --wallet=btc.dat

Wallet data not recognized: {'__type__': 'purpose', '__value__': '\x07receive', '__key__': '\x07purpose"OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK'}

ERROR parsing wallet.dat, type bestblock
key data:    bestblock
key data in hex: 0962657374626c6f636b
value data in hex: a823020000

wallet bitcoin core 0.15.01 64bit is working, but the file is for testing and then used in the file corrupted.
HCP
legendary
Ok... you keep talking about MultiBit, but you're using Bitcoin Core and a "wallet.dat" Huh you seem to be a little confused as to how these two wallet programs work...

- You CANNOT open a MultiBit wallet file (multibit.wallet) in Bitcoin Core.
- You CANNOT open a Bitcoin Core wallet (wallet.dat) file in MultiBit.
- Bitcoin Core and MultiBit are different applications and have separate wallet files (and wallet file storage locations)
- The addresses generated by MultiBit and Bitcoin Core will be different (even on the same machine)

It seems you are somehow attempting to recover a MultiBit wallet using Bitcoin Core... this simply isn't going to work.
Activity: 12
Merit: 4
Hello HCP, thanks for your help

The result of listaddressgroupings is :
11:58:26
listaddressgroupings
11:58:27
[
]

But bitcoin core is not totally sync.

I try the other one and i have my .txt with many adresses but not the ADRESS what i want ...

Like i say : " i send it at the same BTC adresse but when i open Multibit the adresse had change and i lost my fund because i didn't take the private key before"

I heard that after 100 adresses created the wallet recreate new adresses?? i don't understand how it's work
HCP
legendary
You can try: listaddressgroupings in the Bitcoin Core debug console. However this may only work if the wallet is properly synced.

Failing that... you could try: dumpwallet "filename" 

For instance: dumpwallet E:\wallet_dump.txt This will dump the contents of your wallet (Addresses+Private keys) into a text file with the specified name/path... You don't need to have the wallet fully synced to do this.
Thanks HCP for the response,

In my memories it was MultiBit but it was in 2014 and i just save one folder in my mac with wallet.dat , peers.dat , etc...
I do the recover of the wallet.dat with Bitcoin Core (put the wallet.dat in folder and rescan) and no problem but i wait for download of chain so i did'nt have more info about number of bitcoin in wallet.
At the same time, in console of bitcoin core i use the command to find private key,  but there no info about THE ADRESS who interrest me...

Somebody have an idea ?
HCP
legendary
Now try put de recover command with my wallet, but pywallet dont run. errno 13, Permission denied (I run cmd with admin)
How can fix errno 13?
put the code i use:
pywallet.py --otherversion=30 --recover --recov_size 300Gio --recov_device "\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0" --recov_outputdir "c:\recuperacion"
That does not look right... what is "\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0" ? Huh

Given you've put the outputdir as C:\recuperacion, it would appear you're using Windows... so the recov_device should also be something like D: or E:

Is the harddrive that you're attempting to read not mounted with a drive letter?

Hello, i have a problem and maybe you could help me...

Few years ago i had a wallet on multibit in my macbook. There is no passcode i open it the software and use it. Every month i sended BTC in my wallet but one day .. i send it at the same BTC adresse but when i open Multibit the adresse had change and i lost my fund because i didn't take the private key before.
I have the folder with wallet.dat , peers.dat , etc...
I try pywallet but there nothing detected...
Can you help me?
Those two things are NOT right... MultiBit does NOT use wallet.dat or peers.dat... MultiBit wallet files have names like "multibit.wallet" (for MultiBit Classic) or "mbdh.wallet.aes" (MultiBit HD).

Additionally, pywallet is only used for "wallet.dat" wallets generated by Bitcoin Core and it's derivatives like Dogecoin Core, Litecoin Core etc...

Do you have MultiBit... or do you have Bitcoin Core? Huh
Hello, i have a problem and maybe you could help me...

Few years ago i had a wallet on multibit in my macbook. There is no passcode i open it the software and use it. Every month i sended BTC in my wallet but one day .. i send it at the same BTC adresse but when i open Multibit the adresse had change and i lost my fund because i didn't take the private key before.
I have the folder with wallet.dat , peers.dat , etc...
I try pywallet but there nothing detected...
Can you help me?
Activity: 5
Yes, i know, but how i can see the Code? I use otherversion =30, in other forums they said os dogecoin, but the results is the same
Maybe is another code dogecoin?
Are you sure you did it right? What is the commandline you are typing in? I just did this:

Code:
pywallet.py --dumpwallet --datadir=E:\PyTest --otherversion=30 --passphrase=my5uper5ecretP@55w0rd > walletdump.txt

A copy of my dogecoin wallet.dat was in "E:\PyTest" directory... aside from a bunch of "Wallet data not recognized: {'__type__': 'keymeta', '__value__': '" errors dumped at the beginning... walletdump.txt contained all my Dogecoin addresses like this:

{
            "addr": "DCAA7yVbqr4THDXGQ2tXJecjshSJ2JVrnr",
            "encrypted_privkey": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING1",
            "hexsec": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING2",
            "label": "",
            "pubkey": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING3",
            "reserve": 0,
            "sec": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING4",
            "secret": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING5"
        },

You can see that the addr value starts with "D" like Dogecoin addresses are supposed to... and it dumped the "sec" (aka the private key) as a "Q" which is the right format for a "compressed" Dogecoin address.

Or are you having issues with the --recover mode? Huh

Maybe , because i had a wallet. corrupt, and cant see my wallet address.

Now try put de recover command with my wallet, but pywallet dont run. errno 13, Permission denied (I run cmd with admin)

How can fix errno 13?

put the code i use:

pywallet.py --otherversion=30 --recover --recov_size 300Gio --recov_device "\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0" --recov_outputdir "c:\recuperacion"
HCP
legendary
Yes, i know, but how i can see the Code? I use otherversion =30, in other forums they said os dogecoin, but the results is the same
Are you sure you did it right? What is the commandline you are typing in? I just did this:

Code:
pywallet.py --dumpwallet --datadir=E:\PyTest --otherversion=30 --passphrase=my5uper5ecretP@55w0rd > walletdump.txt

A copy of my dogecoin wallet.dat was in "E:\PyTest" directory... aside from a bunch of "Wallet data not recognized: {'__type__': 'keymeta', '__value__': '" errors dumped at the beginning... walletdump.txt contained all my Dogecoin addresses like this:

{
            "addr": "DCAA7yVbqr4THDXGQ2tXJecjshSJ2JVrnr",
            "encrypted_privkey": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING1",
            "hexsec": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING2",
            "label": "",
            "pubkey": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING3",
            "reserve": 0,
            "sec": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING4",
            "secret": "BIG_LONG_HEX_STRING5"
        },

You can see that the addr value starts with "D" like Dogecoin addresses are supposed to... and it dumped the "sec" (aka the private key) as a "Q" which is the right format for a "compressed" Dogecoin address.

Or are you having issues with the --recover mode? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012
Hi.

I use pywallet for restore my old wallet.dat corrupt Dogecoin.

I can run pywallet, but when finish restore the wallet, only show me bitcoin addresses... But i need DOGECOIN.

Any can help me?

Sorry for the english, is not my native language

thoroughly read through this thread.

each coin has a unique code that must be specified upon use.

Hi, thanks for the answer

Did you try looking for a version of pywallet for Dogecoin specifically?

https://github.com/01BTC10/dogecoin-pywallet
Hi.

I can run pywallet, but when finish restore the wallet, only show me bitcoin addresses... But i need DOGECOIN.

Any can help me?

Hi, thanks for the answer

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Hi.

Any can help me?

Hi.

Any can help me?

Pages:
Jump to: