Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source - page 9. (Read 113724 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
is there anyone who contact with Poloniex? Qora is still frozen there. They have still wallet problem?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I have prepared a universal run.bat.
Code:
@ECHO OFF

IF EXIST java (
start "Qora" java -Xmx512m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
EXIT /b
)

REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7" /v "JavaHome" >nul 2>nul || ( GOTO NOTFOUND1 )
for /f "tokens=1,2,*" %%a in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7" /v "JavaHome"') do if "%%a"=="JavaHome" set JAVAHOME=%%c

IF EXIST "%JAVAHOME%\bin\java.exe" (
start "Qora" "%JAVAHOME%\bin\java.exe" -Xmx512m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
EXIT /b
)

:NOTFOUND1

REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7" /v "JavaHome" >nul 2>nul || ( GOTO NOTFOUND2 )
for /f "tokens=1,2,*" %%a in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7" /v "JavaHome"') do if "%%a"=="JavaHome" set JAVAHOME=%%c

start "Qora" "%JAVAHOME%\bin\java.exe" -Xmx512m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
EXIT /b
)

:NOTFOUND2

REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.8" /v "JavaHome" >nul 2>nul || ( GOTO NOTFOUND3 )
for /f "tokens=1,2,*" %%a in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.8" /v "JavaHome"') do if "%%a"=="JavaHome" set JAVAHOME=%%c

EXIT /b
)

:NOTFOUND3

REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.8" /v "JavaHome" >nul 2>nul || ( GOTO NOTFOUND4 )
for /f "tokens=1,2,*" %%a in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.8" /v "JavaHome"') do if "%%a"=="JavaHome" set JAVAHOME=%%c

EXIT /b
)

:NOTFOUND4

ECHO Java software not found on your system. Please go to http://java.com to download a copy of Java.
PAUSE

I tested this on java7-86x, java7-64x, java8-86x, java8-64x, always works. Supports the installation of java in a custom folder.
Dev. please add this to the new version.
Activity: 229
Merit: 101

2. A good news for CIYAM Team, halibit is very interested in working with AT technology. I feel he is a very capable dev with dedication.  So Ian, I'll send him your way?  Grin

If he is interested on helping integrating AT to qora, send him my way.

Hi vbcs,

Glad to see you back! Hope you're feeling better.  Smiley

Sorry, I was talking about Ian's 20 BTC bounty for a Scripted Clone to implement AT. No help with implementing AT for Qora, you're out of luck.  Grin Anyways, Good to see you back.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
I want to learn much more about AT. Is there any article or something about it? But i am not a programmer. I just want to learn its nature.

You can read about it here: http://ciyam.org/at/ (it is very technical documentation at this stage sorry).
legendary
I want to learn much more about AT. Is there any article or something about it? But i am not a programmer. I just want to learn its nature.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
If anyone else is getting an issue opening with java 8 on a windows PC, i just modified the following in the bat file.

IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre1.8.0_31" (
         start "Qora" "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer

2. A good news for CIYAM Team, halibit is very interested in working with AT technology. I feel he is a very capable dev with dedication.  So Ian, I'll send him your way?  Grin

If he is interested on helping integrating AT to qora, send him my way.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
less volume there

... is always better than no volume anywhere. =)
legendary
Alcurex is a good exchange but less volume there

alcurex is a solid exchange, so this is very good news indeed!! well done

Thanks for the support! I hope we can all agree to send some love & support Alcurex's way by sending some Qora there to trade. I'll keep you guys updated on the news as soon as I hear from the dev.

I don't know how long it's been there, but just noticed Mintcoin is on ShapeShift.  Roll Eyes

If Mintcoin can make it there, Qora will have no issues being on ShapeShift soon.

No offense to Mintcoin hodlers, I use to be one of you, but things soured long ago.

Update : I emailed Beorn Erik again, we'll see how it goes. It's been a month and several coins have been added. Maybe we'll get lucky and get in on the next round to be added.

Yesssss! That's totally awesome!  Thank you for taking the initiative to contact Erik.  Hopefully we'll get on ShapeShift soon.  I've got a lot of stuff to share with you. Think I'll send you another PM after I finish some work.

Keep up the good work!  Wink

Activity: 363
Merit: 250
I don't know how long it's been there, but just noticed Mintcoin is on ShapeShift.  Roll Eyes

If Mintcoin can make it there, Qora will have no issues being on ShapeShift soon.

No offense to Mintcoin hodlers, I use to be one of you, but things soured long ago.

Update : I emailed Beorn Erik again, we'll see how it goes. It's been a month and several coins have been added. Maybe we'll get lucky and get in on the next round to be added.

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
...so cryptocurrency will become their business and main source of income instead of just being a "Hobby" project...

Indeed but I think we need to do that carefully. It is a bit like "artists" being paid for "art". Sooner or later you end up with "plain rubbish" being created by untalented people and promoted by fools just so that everyone can "make a buck".

+1
Hard truth is 2014 became a cycle of scams because too much 'silly' money around. NXT dev community is a stand out from this time, and yet very few devs in NXT get paid. Now that Qora dev is 'retired' there is a great opportunity for new devs to take things forward - Qora is 100% free now, there's no leader, nobody has to ask permission from the 'big kahuna' now.

Qora is fully decentralised now, like NXT became post-BCNext. I can see a great future for qora now. Qora dev completed his work, now others can move forward in anyway they like, just like in NXT. If it works 'you beauty', if it doesn't 'no problem'. Decentralised funding is difficult, but it's the only way IMO.

But also some things (in code) must be corrected very fast. So also in view of platform-independency some things must be adapted.
and so i think its better when i share my opinion of security with you in PM.

thank you for the good collaboration here!
ca333

Yes, I totally understand your concern, and I'm in full agreement with you on this. And ca333, you are a GOD-SEND!!  As a new 2nd-gen coin created from scratch, we definitely need an expert of your caliber to deal with security.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have you on our team!!!  Grin Grin Grin  You're exactly what we need, and good timing too!

PS: I am sending you PMs now, we definitely need all this worked out ASAP
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
VERY GOOD NEWS FOR THE QORA COMMUNITY!!!!

1. halibit, the operator of Exchange Alcurex.org has agreed to add Qora to their exchange. I'll be working with him to add Qora to their exchange..  Stay tuned.  Grin

2. A good news for CIYAM Team, halibit is very interested in working with AT technology. I feel he is a very capable dev with dedication.  So Ian, I'll send him your way?  Grin

this is really very good news Smiley

alcurex is a solid exchange, so this is very good news indeed!! well done
Activity: 520
Merit: 522
Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

Thank you for the support too.  Smiley  I just heard about BTER's bitcoin deposit problem, and I thought it was important for us to get on a 2nd exchange ASAP so people can freely buy/trade.

I want to finish with ALCUREX listing before I move on to the next task - I will contact Polo and see if I can help with the problems resolved.

I agree that getting on more exchanges is very important.  And fixing POLO.

Getting on btc38 and/or Cryptsy would be huge.  I've never heard of alcurex.

I dont think bter has a btc deposit problem.  I think someone just tried to deposit BTC_B, which is bter's IOU showing us how much they owe us back from the hack.

(of course, bter seems to have a problem right now that their security certificate has expired.  lol.  Its always something isnt it).

bter has btc, qora and other deposit problems. Stucks in status "pending". we tested with many currencies. apart from SSL issue... (which normally never happen to serious project!). NEVER TRUST bter let funds in exchange!

alcurex sure better. used it in past before also and NEVER "hacked" steal money from user.
GOOD WORK calvin!!!!
AND REMEMBER: alcurex is registered in finland and is a company. https://www.ytj.fi/english/yritystiedot.aspx?yavain=2502807&kielikoodi=3&tarkiste=A1CE0E52CBC6A9BC358AC8C9A583D6BDAF7E2F18&path=1704;1736;2052
Activity: 520
Merit: 522
Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

maybe also dev or bter.
it moved 28/feb..

#EDIT: but i don't how the distribution of ICO and premine was. so it can be wrong!

Dear ca333,

Welcome aboard, Sir, and nice to see you here!

I was thinking of this yesterday and thought I'd share it with you.  Smiley  I hope it's not too much to ask.

I understand you're a cryptography & security expert (just the person we need, yay! Grin) I was wondering if it's possible for you to do a quick security audit & code review on the Qora source code?  Maybe you can share with us your opinion, and what you think which areas of code should be refactored to improve overall security?  Smiley

Some peer review for Qora will definitely be helpful in my opinion.  And I'd really like to hear what an expert thinks of Qora in terms of security.

No pressure! Just wanna throw the idea out in case you'd like something to do.

Thanks! and Welcome again to the team!

Hello calvinstm, thank you for welcoming me in the qora-community. I started already to read into the sourcecode of qora and check libraries. but its complex when you read in foreign code of somebody else coded it. I also have work in RL and so i sit always in the evening/night on this and on weekend more detailed. Now i have maybe 20% of it already checked. The idea is sure great and very good for the soul of cryptocurrencies to make something new and from scratch. So this is why i want to help this project with all i can.  Some improvings will happen in the next time, so we work now on it.. So also in view of platform-independency some things can be adapted/optimized. and so i think its better when i share my (very technical)opinion of security/qora-framework with you in PMs.

thank you for the good collaboration here!
ca333

Getting on btc38 and/or Cryptsy would be huge.  I've never heard of alcurex.

I dont think bter has a btc deposit problem.  I think someone just tried to deposit BTC_B, which is bter's IOU showing us how much they owe us back from the hack.

Oh, ok! lol.. Thanks for clearing that up! that's pretty silly isn't it?  If you cannot withdraw BTC_B, how are you going to depoit it? lol

Anyways, ALCUREX's operator is also Microcoin's main dev.  He is from Finland, so I've been told, and since they've been around for a few years now, I feel they've proven themselves to be trustworthy.  Smiley

The dev is pretty dedicated and easy to work with - so I thought I would work on getting listed there first so our members can use the site in case they're worried about BTER.

Do you have any contact info for btc38's dev or operator?  I can try to talk to the dev directly and show them everything they need to integrate Qora onto their site.

Feel free to give me instruction on how to proceed. Thanks.  Smiley
Activity: 201
Merit: 100

Thank you for the support too.  Smiley  I just heard about BTER's bitcoin deposit problem, and I thought it was important for us to get on a 2nd exchange ASAP so people can freely buy/trade.

I want to finish with ALCUREX listing before I move on to the next task - I will contact Polo and see if I can help with the problems resolved.

Getting on btc38 and/or Cryptsy would be huge.  I've never heard of alcurex.

(of course, bter seems to have a problem right now that their security certificate has expired.  lol.  Its always something isnt it).
Thank you calvinstm!! Every exchange helps. Polo is important of course too, due to the fact that it is well trusted and has nice volume.

Thank you for the support too.  Smiley  I just heard about BTER's bitcoin deposit problem, and I thought it was important for us to get on a 2nd exchange ASAP so people can freely buy/trade.

Pages:
Jump to: